James, here's your chance to put the "Beat Down on the GP...

RACERX69
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:45am
..boy's.

Come on James, get your outdoor settings lined out and show up at Glen Helen for the GP on May 30th! Here's your chance to show the GP fans/riders what you can do when you're not riding for the team and your not trying to acclimate to an 8 hour time difference. This is your chance to exact a little revenge, if you will. Tony Cairoli and company need to be shown the fast way around GH, although they probably won't be close enough to see you.
|
RideMX
3/31/2010 7:53pm
That would be awesome to see James race there.
MXR
3/31/2010 7:55pm
I would like to see James line up for the AMA nationals .
BobbyM
3/31/2010 7:57pm
LM FUCKING ASS OFF. JAMES would make these boys cry uncle during the qualifiers. might just lap 7/8's of the field...and they'll like it.
RACERX69
3/31/2010 8:05pm
Come on Bobby, would you not enjoy that? I sure the hell would.

The Shop

RACERX69
3/31/2010 8:06pm
RACERX69
3/31/2010 8:09pm
RACERX69
3/31/2010 8:10pm
petegrath
3/31/2010 8:24pm
Here here! James, if you do happen to stray on this site once in a while, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzeeee race Glen Helen. Pretty please?
Ddavis
3/31/2010 8:30pm
James would win, easily. Don't underestimate those euro's tho. They're good!
jmar
3/31/2010 8:32pm
Don't look for James or any of the other top Americans to race the GP at GH.

They would have noting to gain and everything to lose.
petegrath
3/31/2010 8:37pm
Yeah, but it'd give us bench racers at least two weeks worth of material.

You can't put a price tag on that!
need love
3/31/2010 9:49pm
Ddavis wrote:
ya but even ben said those down hills are hard to get use to.
jaeckle
3/31/2010 10:13pm
Years ago when there was a USA World GP of motocross EVERY factory rider tried to find a way to compete in the event. If you ride for Roger DeCoster you already know you are racing the event. If your name is Ryan Vilapoto or Chad Reed you have sent your entry. If you want to win yourself back into the graces of the American motocross public then this is your chance James. Welcome back home.

mccread
4/1/2010 4:07am
RACERX69 wrote:
..boy's. Come on James, get your outdoor settings lined out and show up at Glen Helen for the GP on May 30th! Here's your chance to...
..boy's.

Come on James, get your outdoor settings lined out and show up at Glen Helen for the GP on May 30th! Here's your chance to show the GP fans/riders what you can do when you're not riding for the team and your not trying to acclimate to an 8 hour time difference. This is your chance to exact a little revenge, if you will. Tony Cairoli and company need to be shown the fast way around GH, although they probably won't be close enough to see you.
You mean with home track advantage he should win... A GP series in different countries is another thing
joe101uk
4/1/2010 4:39am
James has never beat the GP boys before so maybe this is his only chance.
PaleBlue
4/1/2010 4:49am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:49pm
jmar wrote:
Don't look for James or any of the other top Americans to race the GP at GH. They would have noting to gain and everything to...

I'm assuming the loss/gain thing refers to reputations.

The best way for most of the top U.S. riders to stay the 'Best in the world' is not to put it to the test.
Fraser
4/1/2010 5:00am
RACERX69 wrote:
..boy's. Come on James, get your outdoor settings lined out and show up at Glen Helen for the GP on May 30th! Here's your chance to...
..boy's.

Against a whole field of GP riders (well those who can afford the extra travel costs) who are all suffering from an 8 hour time difference?
Enough excuses, to be the best in the world JS has to win on BOTH sides of the Atlantic
themrtoad
4/1/2010 5:24am
jmar wrote:
Don't look for James or any of the other top Americans to race the GP at GH. They would have noting to gain and everything to...

I bet that in less than five years Youthstream will prove you wrong. Probably sooner than that.

A race on a free weekend on one of the most traditional mx-tracks in the US, close to the home of the "mx-industry" and with hopefully most of the top riders from the FIM championship. I think some of the teams and their sponsors will rank that just as high as an ordinary national.

Wait..maybe they don't want the bigger and better exposure on tv and internet, press from all over the world, a really nice paddock. The interest of the whole mx world outside USA....No you are right of course.

I a near future they will find out they only have to sponsor one outdoor championship that runs all over the world(Europe, N/S America, Asia, Australia)
RACERX69
4/1/2010 5:49am
Fraser wrote:
Against a whole field of GP riders (well those who can afford the extra travel costs) who are all suffering from an 8 hour time difference...
Against a whole field of GP riders (well those who can afford the extra travel costs) who are all suffering from an 8 hour time difference?
Enough excuses, to be the best in the world JS has to win on BOTH sides of the Atlantic
Yeah, so did Steve Everts. Did he ever come over and contest a National? If so, how did he do? btw...Everts coming to the states in 99 to race the Budds GP doesn't count.
huck
4/1/2010 5:53am
James can't even beat RV outdoors....
RACERX69
4/1/2010 5:57am
RACERX69 wrote:
..boy's.

mccread wrote:
You mean with home track advantage he should win... A GP series in different countries is another thing
ohhh and you're absolutely correct !!!! Sort of like Everts had at the Des Nations.
For once you made a proper statement.
Fraser
4/1/2010 6:06am
Fraser wrote:
Against a whole field of GP riders (well those who can afford the extra travel costs) who are all suffering from an 8 hour time difference...
RACERX69 wrote:
Yeah, so did Steve Everts. Did he ever come over and contest a National? If so, how did he do? btw...Everts coming to the states in...
Yeah, so did Steve Everts. Did he ever come over and contest a National? If so, how did he do? btw...Everts coming to the states in 99 to race the Budds GP doesn't count.
Well 69, JS said he was the world's best on Bubbaworld, not me.

Everts may not have won a National, but Bubba hasn't won a GP in Europe yet. ( I hope he does though some time). Everts has 101 GP victories.
We all know what happened when they last raced each other. Everts made Bubba look amateur, Bubba had to take one for the team. (And rumour has it he couldn't sit down for a week Wink )

I didn't mention Everts, but seeing as you did I'm glad I had the chance to set the record straight. Smile

Will Bubba be ok with Californian food though? I'm a bit concerned he may get poisoned with all that Mexican influenced cuisine. 8(
Fraser
4/1/2010 6:09am
RACERX69 wrote:
ohhh and you're absolutely correct !!!! Sort of like Everts had at the Des Nations.
Wrong! Everts was a BELGIAN sand rider.
The MXDN was at Matterley Basin in England, a brand new SX style hardpack track. It suited the Americans perfectly, I spoke to RC on the day and he loved the track.
joe101uk
4/1/2010 6:11am
RACERX69 wrote:
..boy's.

mccread wrote:
RACERX69 wrote:
Everts had rode that track once Wink
RACERX69
4/1/2010 6:43am
Let me tell you what, if you think Everts didn't have an advantage due to location, you're a fool. Even if your opinion of the Matterly track suiting the yanks is correct, it pales to the fact that James' travel experience is limited at best. Everts racing in England would be comparable to James leaving Florida and racing in Texas. Give me a break.

As for Everts dominating the GP's for 10 years....big deal. He wasn't racing the best in the world. Your best all left the GP's to race in America. Even The Man, Decoster said Everts wouldn't have had all those titles if the Alby's, Tortellis's, etc would have stayed in Europe.

Everts is an extremely talented rider, but the fact he hid in Eurpoe all those years diminishes his sucess. THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!
jmar
4/1/2010 6:51am
jmar wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:
I'm assuming the loss/gain thing refers to reputations. The best way for most of the top U.S. riders to stay the 'Best in the world' is...

The best way for most of the top U.S. riders to stay the 'Best in the world' is not to put it to the test.
I am not saying that I agree with it. I am just saying that its a reality.
RACERX69
4/1/2010 7:12am
PaleBlue wrote:
I'm assuming the loss/gain thing refers to reputations. The best way for most of the top U.S. riders to stay the 'Best in the world' is...

Just like Everts did!!! Brilliant!
Fraser
4/1/2010 7:17am
RACERX69 wrote:
Let me tell you what, if you think Everts didn't have an advantage due to location, you're a fool. Even if your opinion of the Matterly...
Let me tell you what, if you think Everts didn't have an advantage due to location, you're a fool. Even if your opinion of the Matterly track suiting the yanks is correct, it pales to the fact that James' travel experience is limited at best. Everts racing in England would be comparable to James leaving Florida and racing in Texas. Give me a break.

As for Everts dominating the GP's for 10 years....big deal. He wasn't racing the best in the world. Your best all left the GP's to race in America. Even The Man, Decoster said Everts wouldn't have had all those titles if the Alby's, Tortellis's, etc would have stayed in Europe.

Everts is an extremely talented rider, but the fact he hid in Eurpoe all those years diminishes his sucess. THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!
HAha, Its not a FACT at all, just your biased opinion.

You have a seriously narrow view of the world if you believe Belgium and England are the same. Distance wise they may be similar to Texas/Florida, but you've forgotten the different language, culture, food, terrain, track style etc etc. We eve drive on the other side of the road.

However, I brought this on myself by posting about Bubba in the first place. What is great about this GH GP is its just like a second MXDN already! The transatlantic mudslinging has already begun! Shall we start on the fuel/noise/drug issues yet, or wait a few weeks? Wink
Rasta88
4/1/2010 7:23am
Ddavis wrote:
POST COUNT-POST COUNT-POST COUNT
Outsider
4/1/2010 7:28am
huck wrote:
James can't even beat RV outdoors....
X2!

Post a reply to: James, here's your chance to put the "Beat Down on the GP...

The Latest