Jeff Ward went with CR22 to Australia

Bearuno
10/9/2017 1:59am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 5:04am
BS12 wrote:
They're going away from V8's, hence the name change from V8 Supercars to "Virgin Australia Supercars". Pretty sure that TT V6 is the new gen platform...
They're going away from V8's, hence the name change from V8 Supercars to "Virgin Australia Supercars". Pretty sure that TT V6 is the new gen platform (though not as a wagon I don't think) starting next year. Didn't actually sound bad for a 6.
Couldn't quote Kiwifans post, to pair with BS12's, without dragging alone a whole bunch of others - strange.

But - the Station Wagon thing = that's a bit 'Back to the Future'.

Possum Bourne (sp?), I think, won a fair few races, or perhaps a Championships or two, in a Volvo Station Wagon a fair few years ago, I think. Possum was a (Dastardly) Kiwi - I've wondered if Kiwifan likes Un Zudders (or is one), or is just fond of a certain fruit.........

V8 Stupor Cars don't interest me at all, well, Car racing in general is pretty bloody ho hum to me. Though, I've been roped into finishing off a mates GT class chassis recently, that's sat unfinished for a while now - and that should be fun.

Two Wheels is what I look to.

That it went from what was called, I think, the Touring Car Championships, to just Holden VS Ford, with the occasional other brand sucked into it, over the years, has made it, increasingly, to me, stultifying, contrived bullshit. That now we will have no local car production it might either kill it off, or, will open things back up - they've got to do something.. What little I saw of Bathurst yesterday, the crowds were well down from the hay day of it all. Still, it probably is our biggest Motorsports race, that's not on a 'downtown', mickey mouse course. And, even in a cage, you've got no room for error, and a prang can be / Will be brutal. Brave blokes and blokettes, even in with an all encompassing cage.

I've perhaps done hundreds of laps around Bathurst, with having gone there many times for the Bikes, and attending the College there. When you start the drop back down, it's quite the roller coaster, and it's nothing but walls around you to hit, up on the Mountain / Hill. But it's nothing in comparison to Nurburgring, or the Daddy of them all, the Isle Of Man, both of which I've got to ride on a fair few times. Far too many Aussies think it's something it's not. . But, it is a Gem of a place.

When the bikes used to come down Conrod and catch air - and a few looped out due to the speed and the air 'catching' under the bikes - it was amazing. I haven't gone up for a few years now. One of my all time favourite riders - Ron Toombs - died there in '79, and there used to be a tiny, rusty little plate at the spot where he passed away - I'm not sure they've had the decency to honour him properly, and the (I think)17 other riders / drivers (+ 2 spectators) that have died there. It's all about the 'cages' now, and I daresay they don't give a f**k about the Motorcyclists.

One classic thing I recall, was a first report of the Big 'Riot' at the Bike Races. On the night of it, on the first showing of it on the ABC, they went to a clip, and up 'popped' a brief shot of a Pig in a sty, to then show footage of the Riot and it's aftermath, and interviews with the Police and others. Someone in the editing room must have been a biker / was pissed off with the Cops - whose conduct and provocation ignited the whole thing. Subsequent clips of the Riot didn't have the Pig shot. The Cops / Government used the 'Riot' to bring in harder laws, and heavier weaponry / hardware for the force. It seemed to be a conflict, that was 'manufactured' by those in power - but, it didn't take much to get a reaction from the hardcore, 1%er bikers, to get them the 'show' they needed to further their agendas.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Jeff Ward went with CR22 to Australia

The Latest