Jeremy Seewer Yamaha

10/23/2017 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2017 2:25pm
Probably Jeremy Seewer going to Wilvo Yamaha after Suzuki leaves the factory Suzuki team.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/23/2017 12:44pm
I'd love to see him on a Yamaha! Cant help but like the kid.
mxjon454
10/23/2017 12:45pm
I heard he couldve gotten a ride over here in the states, anyone know what teams he couldve maybe rode for? Id like to see him get on a PC kawi, he would do really good IMO.
10/23/2017 12:52pm
mxjon454 wrote:
I heard he couldve gotten a ride over here in the states, anyone know what teams he couldve maybe rode for? Id like to see him...
I heard he couldve gotten a ride over here in the states, anyone know what teams he couldve maybe rode for? Id like to see him get on a PC kawi, he would do really good IMO.
He would be arguably the Big Dog on any U.S. 250 team
10/23/2017 12:54pm
mxjon454 wrote:
I heard he couldve gotten a ride over here in the states, anyone know what teams he couldve maybe rode for? Id like to see him...
He got smoked by RJ Hampshire. I'm a Sewer fan, but I don't see him being any 250 team "big dog" in the USA.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/23/2017 12:55pm
mxjon454 wrote:
He got smoked by RJ Hampshire. I'm a Sewer fan, but I don't see him being any 250 team "big dog" in the USA.
Im pretty sure they said he was dealing with a really bad sinus infection at the usgp
10/23/2017 1:02pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Heard his name as a possible JGR rider, but no idea if there was any real actual discussions between the two sides
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/23/2017 1:06pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Not on PC, Geico, Star, or TLD...not even JGR with Hill (speaking of SX, not MX of course).

At the time things went down his only option I'm aware of would've been JGR...everything else had been pretty well decided and full by that time. Especially at PC, GEICO, and TLD.
Motofinne
10/23/2017 1:58pm
I think it's crazy that JGR didn't sign him.

My prediction is that JGR will regret that in about 6 months.
Motoxdoc
10/23/2017 2:02pm
I feel like he was the fastest guy this year (most of the weekends anyway)....just not as consistent as Jonas.
mxjon454
10/23/2017 2:06pm
Motofinne wrote:

Maybe Seewer chose to stay in Europe, or maybe his price was too high. Is he any good in supercross? Id like to see him over here, but now maybe it will be too late and he'll stay in europe the rest of his career.
Snapper
10/23/2017 2:06pm
Motofinne wrote:

Pretty sure JGR still has room?

Just think of the knowledge that he'll have of the bike, especially if he took his mechanic with him...
philG
10/23/2017 2:16pm
Wilvo was looking for a 3rd rider if they had budget, Seewer has good backing in Switzerland, i see him as a fit there.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/23/2017 2:52pm
Hasn't that been confirmed already? I thought that was through weeks ago.
Hope the new Yamaha helps the swiss. Both Tonus and Seewer were top guys in MX2 a long time but never got a title. I hope at least one of them wins an MXGP title one day. Tough task, I know...
10/23/2017 3:01pm
philG wrote:
Wilvo was looking for a 3rd rider if they had budget, Seewer has good backing in Switzerland, i see him as a fit there.

Leaving Paturel with no contract for 2018 MXGP World Championship.
Real shame.
10/23/2017 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2017 4:42pm
mxjon454 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Not on PC, Geico, Star, or TLD...not even JGR with Hill (speaking of SX, not MX of course). At the time things went down his only...
Not on PC, Geico, Star, or TLD...not even JGR with Hill (speaking of SX, not MX of course).

At the time things went down his only option I'm aware of would've been JGR...everything else had been pretty well decided and full by that time. Especially at PC, GEICO, and TLD.
Disagree. I think at least three of those would welcome (and pay) him to challenge for a Ferrandis+ position.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/23/2017 5:05pm
ML512 wrote:
Not on PC, Geico, Star, or TLD...not even JGR with Hill (speaking of SX, not MX of course). At the time things went down his only...

Disagree. I think at least three of those would welcome (and pay) him to challenge for a Ferrandis+ position.
Ferrandis had more draw to him due to his apparent Supercross skills. But I stand behind what I said about him not being "the big dog" on those teams. Not saying he couldn't get a ride there, if it was earlier in the year and he had inquired...I'm sure he could've secured a spot somewhere. I'm just stating he wouldn't be viewed by a team as their new top rider.
JBlain619
10/23/2017 5:16pm
Motofinne wrote:

Who's to say they didn't try to? Who's to say that they didn't sign him??

Neo78
10/25/2017 5:40am
Seewer has many personal sponsors, so he will get a spot on a good team

He rips on a 450 too. Seen him twice race one here in Europe.
10/25/2017 5:48am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2017 5:48am
Seewer on Tonus Bike, a few weeks ago. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/23/221485/s1200_received_10155390730539270.jpg[/img]
Seewer on Tonus Bike,
a few weeks ago.

Looks like this is in Eersel. I was there last wednesday and the #4 Wilvo Yamaha was also there. I didn't pay attention to who was riding it though. Although I noticed he did some practice starts and they were really bad lol.
Motofinne
10/25/2017 6:04am
Small dude on a YZF 450.

It will be interesting to see what he is able to do with that bike.
10/25/2017 6:17am
Sorry if this is old news, but is he moving up to 450 next year?
Motofinne
10/25/2017 6:33am
Sorry if this is old news, but is he moving up to 450 next year?
Yes, he is too old to ride MX2 in 2018.

He could've raced a 250 in USA.
DeStouwer
10/25/2017 6:49am
philG wrote:

Leaving Paturel with no contract for 2018 MXGP World Championship.
Real shame.
Word is Paturel refused an offer early in 2017, so actually his own fault.
Cortami79
10/25/2017 7:10am
Hmm, i thought the spot would've gone to Jasikonis. But nice to see Seewer has a ride.

So it seems like Jasikonis and Paturel are the free agents for next year.
Yamaha seemed to really try get Paturel on a Yamaha 450 next year, maybe a satellite team?

Jasikonis is a big question mark for me, didn't hear anything about him. Would be the first guy I would love to sign if I were a team manager.
PastranaWho
10/25/2017 10:00am
Cortami79 wrote:
Hmm, i thought the spot would've gone to Jasikonis. But nice to see Seewer has a ride. So it seems like Jasikonis and Paturel are the...
Hmm, i thought the spot would've gone to Jasikonis. But nice to see Seewer has a ride.

Yamaha seemed to really try get Paturel on a Yamaha 450 next year, maybe a satellite team?

Jasikonis is a big question mark for me, didn't hear anything about him. Would be the first guy I would love to sign if I were a team manager.
nagl, bobryshev, paturel and jasikonis big names not signed yet.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/25/2017 10:18am
Cortami79 wrote:
Hmm, i thought the spot would've gone to Jasikonis. But nice to see Seewer has a ride. So it seems like Jasikonis and Paturel are the...

There are a few decent teams that haven't named riders yet
I believe Honda Assomotor has one or even two rides open. Guillod went to KTM and Lupino to Kawasaki.
Not sure who they will sign or have already signed.
Also Tixier will ride for a new KTM team that hasn't named their second rider yet.

Hope AJ lands a decent ride
10/25/2017 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2017 1:44pm
Cortami79 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
There are a few decent teams that haven't named riders yet I believe Honda Assomotor has one or even two rides open. Guillod went to KTM...
I believe Honda Assomotor has one or even two rides open. Guillod went to KTM and Lupino to Kawasaki.
Also Tixier will ride for a new KTM team that hasn't named their second rider yet.

Petrov is signed with Assomotor, rumor is Jasi or Bobby as second rider. Bobby is also what pops up as second rider with Tixier. Paturel.. no ride. Nagl, still TM rumor.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/25/2017 2:24pm
Cortami79 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
There are a few decent teams that haven't named riders yet I believe Honda Assomotor has one or even two rides open. Guillod went to KTM...

Petrov is signed with Assomotor, rumor is Jasi or Bobby as second rider. Bobby is also what pops up as second rider with Tixier. Paturel.. no...
Petrov is signed with Assomotor, rumor is Jasi or Bobby as second rider. Bobby is also what pops up as second rider with Tixier. Paturel.. no ride. Nagl, still TM rumor.
makes sense.
Yeah Nagl is pretty much assured at TM I believe. Hope it works out for him. He still has a few years in him

Post a reply to: Jeremy Seewer Yamaha

The Latest