Jett Reynolds DNF

moscrop940
8/4/2017 1:42pm
Anyone know what happened?

The kid had like a 15 moto win streak going. Absolutely gutted for him, as a streak like that doesn't happen very often, if ever
|
8/4/2017 2:03pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Anyone know what happened? The kid had like a 15 moto win streak going. Absolutely gutted for him, as a streak like that doesn't happen very...
Anyone know what happened?

The kid had like a 15 moto win streak going. Absolutely gutted for him, as a streak like that doesn't happen very often, if ever
Looked like the bike took a shit.
GregDVT
8/4/2017 2:26pm
He also just seemed to pull off and give up. If you have a title up for grabs you ride that thing until it dies.
rmoto003
8/4/2017 2:35pm
GregDVT wrote:
He also just seemed to pull off and give up. If you have a title up for grabs you ride that thing until it dies.
+1 to this

I always keep riding my bike, even if I know its dying on me. I love being sent over the bars when it locks up on the face of a jump.
sparker245
8/4/2017 2:58pm
Heard his throttle cable broke, but not 100% sure. Sucks for the poor kid whatever the mechanical issue was.

The Shop

F1prerun
8/4/2017 3:00pm
Jett doesn't quit. The kid is an animal. I live in Bakersfield and am a family friend. I have not heard yet what happened but I would with out a doubt say his bike quit.
mtl
8/4/2017 3:08pm
GregDVT wrote:
rmoto003 wrote:
+1 to this I always keep riding my bike, even if I know its dying on me. I love being sent over the bars when it...
+1 to this

I always keep riding my bike, even if I know its dying on me. I love being sent over the bars when it locks up on the face of a jump.
Only on SX tracks though. At LL, pull off is mandatory, not enough potential for career ender injuries. So boring.

In other news, twisting the throttle so hard the cable quits is bad ass. Props to the young man.
Money
8/4/2017 3:13pm
does anyone have pictures of jetts supermini heard they are sick
sparker245
8/4/2017 3:53pm
Jett just said on the Livestream podium that he damaged the radiator hose is the previous moto causing the DNF.
Barrzy256
8/4/2017 4:33pm
GregDVT wrote:
Until it gives out over a big jump, putting you on the floor and injuring yourself. Smart move
8/4/2017 6:15pm
I believe it seized up or was on its way to seizing. He was undefeated at the ranch up until that point.
RangerLee
8/4/2017 6:35pm
The Bakersfield boys are fun to watch, Jett is the top of that crop at the moment so it sucks to see the streak end in this way.

Ryder Di Francesco did pretty well, looks like 2nd in one of his classes finishing behind Jett in race 1. Not sure what happened to Brock Bennett, tough week for him.
Beeby
8/4/2017 7:10pm
It was a kind of weird way to pull out. The bike appeared to still be running, he just pulled off and rode it to the team.

I guess maybe he could tell it had tightened up, but you'd think he would have just kept it going until she went pop
8/5/2017 12:21am
If I was jett i would have done the same. Why ruin a really good cylinder when it wont do any good to seize it up but cost $$
cali11
8/5/2017 12:26am
Beeby wrote:
It was a kind of weird way to pull out. The bike appeared to still be running, he just pulled off and rode it to the...
It was a kind of weird way to pull out. The bike appeared to still be running, he just pulled off and rode it to the team.

I guess maybe he could tell it had tightened up, but you'd think he would have just kept it going until she went pop
What if she goes pop on the face of a jump?
mxjon454
8/5/2017 1:07am
He went down in the first or 2nd turn after the start and somehow got a hole in the radiator hose. The bike was slowly loosing coolant the whole race and finally let go.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
8/5/2017 7:49pm
Beeby wrote:
It was a kind of weird way to pull out. The bike appeared to still be running, he just pulled off and rode it to the...

cali11 wrote:
Didn't see video of the race that it happened, but Osborne didn't pull off and netted good points. Nurse it off the jumps (no real big ones at LL anyhow) and bring it home...
Bennett59
8/5/2017 8:06pm
RangerLee wrote:
The Bakersfield boys are fun to watch, Jett is the top of that crop at the moment so it sucks to see the streak end in...
The Bakersfield boys are fun to watch, Jett is the top of that crop at the moment so it sucks to see the streak end in this way.

Ryder Di Francesco did pretty well, looks like 2nd in one of his classes finishing behind Jett in race 1. Not sure what happened to Brock Bennett, tough week for him.
Some bike issues a few motors for Bennett and then a flat another time. So a real tough week for him
RangerLee
8/5/2017 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 8:13pm
Beeby wrote:

cali11 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Didn't see video of the race that it happened, but Osborne didn't pull off and netted good points. Nurse it off the jumps (no real big...
Didn't see video of the race that it happened, but Osborne didn't pull off and netted good points. Nurse it off the jumps (no real big ones at LL anyhow) and bring it home...
You are talking about a 10 or 11 year old here. As a parent I would rather my kid do what Jett did, personally I think that showed some MX smarts. Him scoring points, after getting 1's all week is not going to change this kids future. A nasty wreck due to the bike failing at the wrong time sure as hell could.

So easy for keyboard warriors to say what they would do if they were Jett.
RangerLee
8/5/2017 8:15pm
RangerLee wrote:
The Bakersfield boys are fun to watch, Jett is the top of that crop at the moment so it sucks to see the streak end in...

Bennett59 wrote:
Some bike issues a few motors for Bennett and then a flat another time. So a real tough week for him
That sucks for Bennett, he is fast though and will come out blazing. Plenty of racing left for him and from what we have seen he is going to keep rocking it.
cali11
8/5/2017 8:17pm
Beeby wrote:

cali11 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Didn't see video of the race that it happened, but Osborne didn't pull off and netted good points. Nurse it off the jumps (no real big...
That's true
8/5/2017 8:27pm
Beeby wrote:

cali11 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Huge difference between no coolant and low on oil. Also a huge difference between being a pro and a 13 year old kid.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/5/2017 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 8:33pm
yak651 wrote:
Apples to oranges as the two mechanical issues were not the same.
Rockinar
8/5/2017 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 9:38pm
One DNF is not going to ruin that kids future. Even a couple DNFs won't affect it. Injuries are what get you.

"You will never beat the bike, the bike will always beat you"

-Mike Craig
Braaaphole
8/6/2017 1:21pm
I was standing right were he pulled off when it happened. The engine sounded fine, but the bike wasn't pulling. He revved it and dumped the clutch a couple of times and you could tell it wasn't getting the power to the ground. Could have been a clutch issue or the bike overheating. I do know that the Team Green guys were fighting overheating all week. They told me they were putting new top ends in their 85s and superminis after every moto because all of the coolant was gone by the end of the race.

Post a reply to: Jett Reynolds DNF

The Latest