Jimmy Decotis discuses JGR and recovering from Lyme Disease

twotwosix
11/8/2017 9:39am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 12:04pm
Good interview with Jimmy D on RX here: http://racerxonline.com/2017/11/07/insight-jimmy-decotis

Do you think it [Lyme disease] messed with you even in Supercross? Did you have it that early?

"Absolutely. A lot of the Lyme symptoms are just always being run down, never being excited, not being happy. I had a lot of mental things last year where I was just going through the motions. Me and Jamie, we would go on dates and I wasn’t even talking to her. I was just sitting there sad for like no reason! I had a good ride and I was making good money, there was no reason for me to be feeling this way. My family started noticing it. I was like, “I understand this sport is hard but I shouldn’t come home from riding and just sit on the couch all day.” Once I saw my personal relationships and my riding going downhill, I knew something was wrong."

At the San Diego Supercross, you took off and had this huge lead for the first 10 minutes or so. Then you faded and we all tried to figure it out. I was thinking, “Oh maybe he just put in a hard sprint and just tensed up leading.” And some people probably just figured you weren’t in shape.

"No. I knew I should be able to do 15 minutes no problem. Something was wrong but I didn’t know what it was at the time."

|
BobKerr
11/8/2017 11:13am
It sounds like he is in a good place mentally, physically, and geographically now. It should be a great season for him!
11/8/2017 11:17am
Was pumped to see he got the ride with JGR, he's going to kill it this year I think.
JRT812
11/8/2017 11:34am
I had heard he was sick last year, but honestly, I chalked it up to not being mentally there with the passing of his father. Either way, I have always pulled for him and will continue to do so. Hope this year is even better for him.
visser62
11/8/2017 12:04pm
I think he'll have a good year in SX. I still don't trust that his outdoor results will be very good, but he's pretty damn fast indoors.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Decotis discuses JGR and recovering from Lyme Disease

The Latest