Josh Hill out at Monster?

BigDaddyG
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 1:54pm
Listening to last nights Pulp show it was mentioned briefly that Josh Hill is out at Monster. As a fan and fellow NW'er I wonder what happened and where he goes next. I hope he lands on his feet and gets a good gig in the industry.

Anyone got any info?
|
milliebays
3/21/2018 3:12pm
they sponsor KAwi and Yamaha and hes going full Alta?
JRT812
3/21/2018 3:14pm
Probably has something to do with not racing
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
3/21/2018 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 3:19pm
JRT812 wrote:
He wasn't working for Monster as an athlete. Check out this interview from late 2015.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/a-new-chapter-josh-hill/

Congratulations. Tell us a little bit about what you'll be doing in that role.

Well, I mean right now I'm just trying to get a grasp on everything and find out exactly everybody we have riding for us. You know, Monster sponsors a lot of athletes so it's getting to know those guys, what their deals are, and making sure they are dialed for years to come whether it be new contracts or simply keeping the riders set up on their day to day. Whether it be the right apparel, keeping them stocked up on drinks, or just making sure they are happy to be with the brand.

So you are a guy that could still line up and battle for a podium at any given Supercross when you are healthy. Explain to some of your fans why you would take this different route from racing? It's cool to see.

I appreciate that. It is a big change, you know? Going from where all you do every day is ride dirtbikes and train to get ready for a race, and now I am just kind of trying to take care of the guys still doing that. I felt like in 2014 I had a pretty good season, and you know ever since I injured my foot I never really felt the same or had the same confidence that I had before the backflip crash. You know, I had a string of injuries just trying to come back from that. It was a bit of a struggle. And this year getting hurt, it just seemed like the good direction to go. I was originally thinking I was going to go back to school, but getting the opportunity to get a job at Monster, doing that role, it was something I couldn't pass up. The cool thing is that I get to still be involved with the sport, be at mostly every race, be around my friends, and watch people race that I’ve grown up with, and still feel like I am a part of it.

Perhaps he did everything he wanted to do at Monster and decided to go back to school, or found something else in the industry. Best of luck, Josh.

The Shop

BigDaddyG
3/21/2018 4:49pm
Right, I knew he wasn’t necessarily an athlete anymore but more on the business side and riding for fun. So, riding the Alta shouldn’t effect his monster gig. I don’t think he’s full time Alta either, recent videos still show him on a Kawi as well.
JRT812
3/21/2018 4:59pm
JRT812 wrote:
He wasn't working for Monster as an athlete. Check out this interview from late 2015. https://motocross.transworld.net/news/a-new-chapter-josh-hill/ [b]Congratulations. Tell us a little bit about what you'll be...
He wasn't working for Monster as an athlete. Check out this interview from late 2015.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/a-new-chapter-josh-hill/

Congratulations. Tell us a little bit about what you'll be doing in that role.

Well, I mean right now I'm just trying to get a grasp on everything and find out exactly everybody we have riding for us. You know, Monster sponsors a lot of athletes so it's getting to know those guys, what their deals are, and making sure they are dialed for years to come whether it be new contracts or simply keeping the riders set up on their day to day. Whether it be the right apparel, keeping them stocked up on drinks, or just making sure they are happy to be with the brand.

So you are a guy that could still line up and battle for a podium at any given Supercross when you are healthy. Explain to some of your fans why you would take this different route from racing? It's cool to see.

I appreciate that. It is a big change, you know? Going from where all you do every day is ride dirtbikes and train to get ready for a race, and now I am just kind of trying to take care of the guys still doing that. I felt like in 2014 I had a pretty good season, and you know ever since I injured my foot I never really felt the same or had the same confidence that I had before the backflip crash. You know, I had a string of injuries just trying to come back from that. It was a bit of a struggle. And this year getting hurt, it just seemed like the good direction to go. I was originally thinking I was going to go back to school, but getting the opportunity to get a job at Monster, doing that role, it was something I couldn't pass up. The cool thing is that I get to still be involved with the sport, be at mostly every race, be around my friends, and watch people race that I’ve grown up with, and still feel like I am a part of it.

Perhaps he did everything he wanted to do at Monster and decided to go back to school, or found something else in the industry. Best of luck, Josh.
My bad. Quickly saw the title and for some reason the brain registered Josh Hansen.
slipdog
3/21/2018 5:24pm
Does this mean Manitoba's finest is back on the VIP list for the Monster parties?
TeamGreen
3/21/2018 6:13pm
slipdog wrote:
Does this mean Manitoba's finest is back on the VIP list for the Monster parties?
Survey says, “NO!”
3/21/2018 6:17pm
Apparently, Josh was a better fit with Monster as an athlete rather than an athlete manager. From what I heard, he is still affiliated with Monster as an athlete.
skidmarkz
3/21/2018 6:23pm
slipdog wrote:
Yeah, I was wondering how this was gonna impact the monster after party doorman gig.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/21/2018 6:31pm
Still had Monster on his bike last weekend up here.

jbrown15
3/21/2018 8:39pm
I've heard he's going to be racing at the Seattle Supercross this year on a Kawi.
Tn_189
3/21/2018 9:01pm
jbrown15 wrote:
I've heard he's going to be racing at the Seattle Supercross this year on a Kawi.
I was just going to ask about this
gnarwhip
3/21/2018 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 9:12pm
Seems like he settled into the desk job too early. Still had the itch to ride at a high level. His ig videos are insane. Hill is rad, I ran into him at a bar one time and he didn't "big time" me at all. We talked moto for a while and he was super nice. Wish him the best.
MelonFan123
3/22/2018 9:13am
Shortly after he got that gig as the Athlete Manager guy, I thought it was funny he ended up having the premiere riding part in that Gonnies video (doing the HUGE whip over that gigantic gap in Glamis). Seemed sorta strange that he was out-doing a lot of the guys he was responsible for sponsoring LOL.

At this point he's more valuable to Monster as an athlete himself than as an office guy. Still making $ riding a dirt bike, good for him
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/22/2018 1:02pm
He's essentially back to just being a Monster athlete. No longer a manager.
rongi#401
3/23/2018 12:12am
Please stop back flipping Josh. Literally could still be a champion if he set his goals on that. Pure talent
ob
3/23/2018 7:13am
Natural skill level is off the charts. And he is a nice dude. I would love to see him back racing SX
davistld01
3/23/2018 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 12:14pm
rongi#401 wrote:
Please stop back flipping Josh. Literally could still be a champion if he set his goals on that. Pure talent
Josh is probably back to having "pure fun" riding his dirt bike. He's just doing stuff that only guys with his level of talent can do...and get away with it.
hamncheeze
3/23/2018 1:54pm
Oh he's still "in" Monster. Like when his GF is in her Monster kit, he's definitely "in" Monster.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill out at Monster?

The Latest