Justin Cooper podium interview

MXD
Edited Date/Time 6/13/2019 5:31am
I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Win and lose like a man. Whether it’s fair or unfair should have no bearing on your reaction. Never mind that he threw it away anyway.
|
6/1/2019 3:27pm
Adam joined at the safest place he could without going against traffic. Maybe if they left spaces between the sponsor banners he could've joined sooner.

He made a mistake and tossed it away. Accept it and move on.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
Exactly. I liked the kid but man that was sad to watch.
500guy
MXD wrote:
I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Win and lose like a man. Whether it’s fair or unfair should have no bearing on...
I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Win and lose like a man. Whether it’s fair or unfair should have no bearing on your reaction. Never mind that he threw it away anyway.
You don't think it would bother you to see a guy cut the track and be right back behind you?

There needs to be some kind of penalty for making a mistake that bad.
cpyz300
6/1/2019 3:28pm
Dunno what he expected AC to do. Risk taking a banner in the wheel? It was such a small mistake, that happened to place him on the wrong side of the banners. Does it really need to cost him time lost equivalent to a stall or tip over? It's not like he made a pass or showed Cooper a wheel, he just fell back in line behind him.

The Shop

6/1/2019 3:31pm
I think AC took the right line and entered at the correct part of the track, but I have a feeling the call will be made based on AC accelerating while off track. AC's rear tire was roosting up the hill (off track) which means he was "accelerating" and may get penalized for it.
jbrown15
6/1/2019 3:31pm
AC even slowed up when he got back on the track to make sure the gap/distance was the same as what it was when he went off the track. Plus because of the banners it was literally the first spot he could safely re-enter the track. What more do people want from him?
miikex2
Fantasy
3065th
6/1/2019 3:33pm
Didn’t see Adam complaining when the first moto was red flagged and he was catching Cooper..
Premixed112
6/1/2019 3:33pm
I respect the fact that he's not afraid to say what's on his mind on the podium, but this is clearly a misinformed comment resulting from frustration, and anyone that can see the replay should agree. Adam entered at the safest place possible and let off the gas to let Justin go to the same gap there was before he went off track.
MXD
6/1/2019 3:34pm
MXD wrote:
I lost a lot of respect for him after that. Win and lose like a man. Whether it’s fair or unfair should have no bearing on...
500guy wrote:
You don't think it would bother you to see a guy cut the track and be right back behind you? There needs to be some kind...
You don't think it would bother you to see a guy cut the track and be right back behind you?

Of course it would bother me but I wouldn’t have spouted off like he did. I wouldn’t have even addressed it. What ever He says on the podium will have zero impact so he’s better off saying nothing.

And maybe you think he should be penalized for that but the rule says he shouldn’t. He followed the rule to a T. You can dislike the rule but you can’t say he didn’t follow it.
agn5009
6/1/2019 3:34pm
I don’t know what else he was supposed to do. I love how cooper blames that incident for losing. Um, no Justin, you lost because you made a mistake which led to a crash.
DPR250R
6/1/2019 3:35pm
It was painful to watch but I would rather know his thoughts than hear him thank his sponsors.

Still a fan of both him and AC. What a fun battle to watch.
agn5009
miikex2 wrote:
Didn’t see Adam complaining when the first moto was red flagged and he was catching Cooper..
You won’t hear AC complain. He owns his mistakes and moves on.
TDeath21
Yeah fuck him for speaking his mind and showing personality.
500guy
6/1/2019 3:36pm
MXD wrote:
Of course it would bother me but I wouldn’t have spouted off like he did. I wouldn’t have even addressed it. What ever He says on...
Of course it would bother me but I wouldn’t have spouted off like he did. I wouldn’t have even addressed it. What ever He says on the podium will have zero impact so he’s better off saying nothing.

And maybe you think he should be penalized for that but the rule says he shouldn’t. He followed the rule to a T. You can dislike the rule but you can’t say he didn’t follow it.
I can agree mostly with you, but Cooper had every right to say he didn't like it.
NateDawg
6/1/2019 3:37pm
500guy wrote:
I can agree mostly with you, but Cooper had every right to say he didn't like it.
But he has no right to say it was against the rules, because it demonstrably wasn't.
agn5009
6/1/2019 3:37pm
TDeath21 wrote:
No ones saying “fuck him” except you apparently. You seem to be getting a little too upset over something that has literally no bearing on your life what so ever.
Premix
6/1/2019 3:38pm
Motocross Community: We want our riders to show more personality and not just read off the sponsor board.

Vital: I cAn’T bELIeve HE sAId ThAT. WhAT a PoOR sPoRT.

Fucking people man.
agn5009
6/1/2019 3:39pm
MXD wrote:
Of course it would bother me but I wouldn’t have spouted off like he did. I wouldn’t have even addressed it. What ever He says on...

500guy wrote:
Sure he does. He has every right to voice his feelings. However, he is incorrect regarding the breaking of the rules. AC didn’t break the rules.
MXD
6/1/2019 3:40pm
500guy wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
But he has no right to say it was against the rules, because it demonstrably wasn't.
Exactly what I was about to say. He didn’t say that he didn’t like it. He said he should have the overall and if he doesn’t then there are no rules (or something to that effect). That’s different than saying “man, I hate that rule. There should be some consequence to going off the track but the rule is what it is. I’ll be back next week yadda yadda yadda”.
NateDawg
6/1/2019 3:42pm
Premix wrote:
Motocross Community: We want our riders to show more personality and not just read off the sponsor board. Vital: I cAn’T bELIeve HE sAId ThAT. WhAT...
Motocross Community: We want our riders to show more personality and not just read off the sponsor board.

Vital: I cAn’T bELIeve HE sAId ThAT. WhAT a PoOR sPoRT.

Fucking people man.
Dude, that's not why people are bashing him. They're bashing him because he said AC broke the rules when he clearly didn't. Instead of taking responsibility for throwing the race away he blames AC for "cutting the track".
Cool Rides
It is what it is, unless they change the rule to go back on the track at the point you went off there will be the same controversy. I believe AC did exactly what he was supposed to do under the current rules
TDeath21
TDeath21 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
No ones saying “fuck him” except you apparently. You seem to be getting a little too upset over something that has literally no bearing on your...
No ones saying “fuck him” except you apparently. You seem to be getting a little too upset over something that has literally no bearing on your life what so ever.
Well Cooper is right. It's not right if that is allowed. He made a mistake and lost no time because he exited the track. This allowed him to keep the pressure on and very well could have caused Cooper's mistake. Furthermore, Cooper didn't see any of the video we did. He just saw AC re-enter slightly in front of him and then win the race over him. So he has every right to be upset and he has every right to say what he said. Nobody said "fuck him" word for word, but it's clear lots of people here are upset about his interview.
mx216
6/1/2019 3:45pm
The rule is garbage. Needs to go back to get back on the track where you went off of it. No grey areas, no bitching. Dont make the mistake and go off the track. If you make a mistake and go off the track then yes, you should lose time. I dont care who it is, who wins or who loses, its the only way it can be fair and not open to interpretation.
Premix
6/1/2019 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 3:52pm
NateDawg wrote:
Dude, that's not why people are bashing him. They're bashing him because he said AC broke the rules when he clearly didn't. Instead of taking responsibility...
Dude, that's not why people are bashing him. They're bashing him because he said AC broke the rules when he clearly didn't. Instead of taking responsibility for throwing the race away he blames AC for "cutting the track".
Yea it’s not like AC skipped one of the gnarliest sections of the track and somehow lost virtually no time. Wild. Yea fuck Justin Cooper. He has no right to be mad.

Idiot
ruy
6/1/2019 3:51pm
MXD wrote:
500guy wrote:
You don't think it would bother you to see a guy cut the track and be right back behind you? There needs to be some kind...

Monster rider have impunity
NateDawg
6/1/2019 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 3:56pm
NateDawg wrote:
Dude, that's not why people are bashing him. They're bashing him because he said AC broke the rules when he clearly didn't. Instead of taking responsibility...
Premix wrote:
Yea it’s not like AC skipped one of the gnarliest sections of the track and somehow lost virtually no time. Wild. Yea fuck Justin Cooper. He...
Yea it’s not like AC skipped one of the gnarliest sections of the track and somehow lost virtually no time. Wild. Yea fuck Justin Cooper. He has no right to be mad.

Idiot
He was right on the rear wheel of Cooper before the mistake and then gave him an 8-12 bike length lead when he got back on the track. You have no argument.
MXD
6/1/2019 3:56pm
NateDawg wrote:
Premix wrote:
Yea it’s not like AC skipped one of the gnarliest sections of the track and somehow lost virtually no time. Wild. Yea fuck Justin Cooper. He...

Idiot
No 👏🏻 One 👏🏻 Said 👏🏻 He 👏🏻 Shouldn’t 👏🏻 be 👏🏻 Mad 👏🏻

All we’re saying is that he shouldn’t complain and claim that a rule was broken when it wasn’t. The rule was followed to a T. Maybe you hate the rule and maybe it’s unfair and should be changed. But today, it was followed.

Regardless, here is a question for you. What was a bigger factor in Cooper losing the lead, AC jumping a banner behind him or him crashing out of the lead?
whammy
6/1/2019 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 4:03pm
How is it not 'gaining an advantage' when you're accelerating on the side of the track going race pace until you get back on?
MXD
6/1/2019 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 4:06pm
whammy wrote:
How is it not 'gaining an advantage' when you're accelerating on the side of the track going race pace until you get back on?
Because “gaining an advantage” is defined as gaining a position or gaining time from the point you exited the track. He did neither. He left the track in 2nd about a second back and reentered in the same position/time back.

Listen, I don’t like the rule either but it was followed.

Post a reply to: Justin Cooper podium interview

The Latest