Justin Hill 2020 ??

Anyone know what Justin's plans are for 2020? Would he consider riding his own bike or will he just wait for a call to be a fill in rider?

Here's a recent post from him:

"2020 is on my mind heavily. I want so badly to right the wrongs and prove I can be the man. Only time will tell if I get the opportunity but the Hunger has never been greater."
|
Schlava
9/12/2019 11:19am
Funny how the hunger always seems greater when they don't have a ride.
hamncheeze
9/12/2019 11:32am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2019 11:33am
IMO he should back down the statements like "prove that I can be the man". You were so far, far, far away from even being close to the man in 2019. Better to say "I have made some mistakes and I'm planning to learn from them and re-establish myself as a top rider". He has so much ability on the bike. He just needs the right mental state to execute, I can only hope MCR brings it out if he gets a shot there.
TSCHAM101
9/12/2019 11:36am
hamncheeze wrote:
IMO he should back down the statements like "prove that I can be the man". You were so far, far, far away from even being close...
IMO he should back down the statements like "prove that I can be the man". You were so far, far, far away from even being close to the man in 2019. Better to say "I have made some mistakes and I'm planning to learn from them and re-establish myself as a top rider". He has so much ability on the bike. He just needs the right mental state to execute, I can only hope MCR brings it out if he gets a shot there.
i think he has the talent and skill to "be the man".. hes just gotta get his mental game situated.. i think he worked really hard last season and it took its toll on him and he lost the fun factor.. and hes a guy that needs the fun factor to go fast.

The Shop

aeffertz
9/12/2019 11:38am
I feel like he always just says what people want to hear but never actually backs up anything he says.

Would have rather seen Davalos on the MCR ride but maybe he’s signed somewhere else.
brimx153
9/12/2019 11:50am
I feel bad for JGR . Because i think Hill will put in a few good performances next year .then everyone will blame JGR . Hill will get a contract. Then once he has signed. He ll half ass it like at jgr
mb60
9/12/2019 11:54am
MCR would be perfect for him. Sx only contract for him only.
9/12/2019 12:02pm
brimx153 wrote:
I feel bad for JGR . Because i think Hill will put in a few good performances next year .then everyone will blame JGR . Hill...
I feel bad for JGR . Because i think Hill will put in a few good performances next year .then everyone will blame JGR . Hill will get a contract. Then once he has signed. He ll half ass it like at jgr
Yeah, I'm bummed he didn't have good results at JGR. He had the potential to win on that bike and he just shit the bed...
tingo
9/12/2019 12:03pm
Dude has blown his chances, IMO. Van up like Deano did (not saying Dean blew his chances), get your ass to the races, and prove that you're willing to do the necessary work on your own time/dime before asking someone for a ride.
Ted722
9/12/2019 12:26pm
Him and JLaw are starting a band. The Washouts.
A Cinderalla cover band? "Don't know what you got (till it's gone)"
chaseNCMX
9/12/2019 12:41pm
Him and JLaw are starting a band. The Washouts.
Ted722 wrote:
A Cinderalla cover band? "Don't know what you got (till it's gone)"
This is great, lol
9/12/2019 12:54pm
hamncheeze wrote:
IMO he should back down the statements like "prove that I can be the man". You were so far, far, far away from even being close...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
i think he has the talent and skill to "be the man".. hes just gotta get his mental game situated.. i think he worked really hard...
i think he has the talent and skill to "be the man".. hes just gotta get his mental game situated.. i think he worked really hard last season and it took its toll on him and he lost the fun factor.. and hes a guy that needs the fun factor to go fast.
and what are you basing this off? 1 round where he done well lol?what about the other 20+ events this year? he doesnt have shit on ever being "the man". i cant believe how much his nuts have been gobbled after that 1 round. the results we have seen all year is were his riding level is
LungButter
9/12/2019 2:26pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
i think he has the talent and skill to "be the man".. hes just gotta get his mental game situated.. i think he worked really hard...
Exactly what part of last year made you think he worked really hard?

He's had 2 pretty bad years in a row from what I remember.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/12/2019 2:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:
TSCHAM101 wrote:
cablecable wrote:
and what are you basing this off? 1 round where he done well lol?what about the other 20+ events this year? he doesnt have shit on...
and what are you basing this off? 1 round where he done well lol?what about the other 20+ events this year? he doesnt have shit on ever being "the man". i cant believe how much his nuts have been gobbled after that 1 round. the results we have seen all year is were his riding level is
Multiple rounds last year where he put in the fastest lap or close to it in qualifying. Doesn't having the fastest lap prove you have the skill to be a top level guy? I'm not making any excuses for his alleged work ethic, but it's pretty easy to see he has a high ceiling. "We can work with speed."
hamncheeze
9/12/2019 4:01pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
cablecable wrote:
and what are you basing this off? 1 round where he done well lol?what about the other 20+ events this year? he doesnt have shit on...
davis224 wrote:
Multiple rounds last year where he put in the fastest lap or close to it in qualifying. Doesn't having the fastest lap prove you have the...
Multiple rounds last year where he put in the fastest lap or close to it in qualifying. Doesn't having the fastest lap prove you have the skill to be a top level guy? I'm not making any excuses for his alleged work ethic, but it's pretty easy to see he has a high ceiling. "We can work with speed."
No disrespect but the word on Deano in 2014 was "we can work with speed" as well. What has that led to? Injuries and maybe 2-3 podiums on the big bike in 5 seasons. For Hill, his one lap speed and eye-tests only go so far. As the old-timers loved to say "When the starting gate drops, the bullshit stops". And Hill has not been very good when the gate drops since Las Vegas 2017.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
9/12/2019 4:12pm
I honestly believe if he was training with Aldon Baker and took this 100% seriously he could be one of the top dogs. His natural talent is incredible. But comparing him to someone like Webb who went through hell and back to find the missing pieces I don’t think Hill has the drive or motivation to do so.

We are all human and work differently. From the “lack” of training he put in last year (from rumours) it showed. But it also showed how fast he can be half-assing which is damn impressive.

If everyone comes into round 1 healthy and his preparation is the same as last year (let alone him being on a new bike) I think he’ll have a hard time just putting it in the main events until injuries come into play from other riders.

Just my 2 cents.
9/12/2019 4:19pm
cablecable wrote:
davis224 wrote:
Multiple rounds last year where he put in the fastest lap or close to it in qualifying. Doesn't having the fastest lap prove you have the...
hamncheeze wrote:
No disrespect but the word on Deano in 2014 was "we can work with speed" as well. What has that led to? Injuries and maybe 2-3...
No disrespect but the word on Deano in 2014 was "we can work with speed" as well. What has that led to? Injuries and maybe 2-3 podiums on the big bike in 5 seasons. For Hill, his one lap speed and eye-tests only go so far. As the old-timers loved to say "When the starting gate drops, the bullshit stops". And Hill has not been very good when the gate drops since Las Vegas 2017.
It's boggling to think he was in a position to win his first 450 race. He won his heat race, set the fastest lap time in the main event, and then never performed well after that. So yeah, he's definitely got the skills but I guess maybe not the work ethic to stay fit. This was his interview with GuyB after Tampa and he looked pretty chiseled...so yeah, maybe Hill went "Down-Hill" from there....I hope to see him back in the saddle again.

gerg
9/12/2019 5:08pm
Is it just rumors or is it true that he eats nothing but garbage and basically relies on talent alone?
cable
9/12/2019 5:45pm
He needs to follow brayton to australia, get the bike set up and have a good sx season.
AngryBear
9/12/2019 5:52pm
gerg wrote:
Is it just rumors or is it true that he eats nothing but garbage and basically relies on talent alone?
never forget, he can't cook.
BS12
9/12/2019 5:58pm
Well I'd assume he's definitely out at JGR (we all pretty much know this, but I haven't seen it official anywhere?) as on a post from Buttery testing all the 2020's for SML, he commented "Give us a sneak what color I should go get"
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
9/12/2019 7:44pm
He was so fast in that heat race in Tampa 2 years ago.
gnarwhip
9/12/2019 8:35pm
Seems like taking west coast guys who have done well, and making them leave everything they know, move to the east coast and practice in rainy/muddy conditions in the middle of the woods, away from everything that made them successful isn’t the best system. Watch the Hanny Whiskey Throttle episode.
9/12/2019 10:23pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
cablecable wrote:
davis224 wrote:
really multiple?. LOL i guess 2 out of 17 qualifying sessions is next in line to "be the man". 11,1,7,11,13,0,2,10,10,9,5,9,5,12,10,10,9 . This doesnt scream top skill to me. more like lucky in 2 rounds. cody cooper finished 2nd and was catching stew 1 year outdoors, doing 1 or 2 things dosnt mean shit in the big picture
9/12/2019 11:44pm
I don’t get it! Why doesn’t someone put him on a performance only salary?

He’s proved he’s got speed. He’s also proved he can’t be bothered. Something needs to change or another team will get bitten.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/13/2019 4:12am
cablecable wrote:
davis224 wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
No disrespect but the word on Deano in 2014 was "we can work with speed" as well. What has that led to? Injuries and maybe 2-3...
I'm not saying Justin Hill is going to be "the man", just that he has the skills to be in contention if he can figure out the rest. Yes, one lap speed only goes so far. You guys are reaching a whole lot here. He obviously has the speed, no? But he also obviously is lacking in a lot of other areas. Would you not have argued in 2014, that Dean had the ability to contend for the top step in the 450 class? It obviously did not work out that way, but the skill was there.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/13/2019 4:19am
cablecable wrote:
davis224 wrote:
cablecable wrote:
really multiple?. LOL i guess 2 out of 17 qualifying sessions is next in line to "be the man". 11,1,7,11,13,0,2,10,10,9,5,9,5,12,10,10,9 . This doesnt scream top skill...
really multiple?. LOL i guess 2 out of 17 qualifying sessions is next in line to "be the man". 11,1,7,11,13,0,2,10,10,9,5,9,5,12,10,10,9 . This doesnt scream top skill to me. more like lucky in 2 rounds. cody cooper finished 2nd and was catching stew 1 year outdoors, doing 1 or 2 things dosnt mean shit in the big picture
I agree completely, it seems like you're imagining I said that Hill "is going to be the man" rather than "he has one important piece of the puzzle, but lacking others". Can you get lucky enough to go faster than anyone else in the world on a supercross track? No, that requires the skill to ride a motorcycle really well. In order to be doing that consistently, Hill still has a lot of work to do. I hope he can, but I'm not holding my breath.

I also think Cody Cooper had a lot of potential that never really got realized in the states. Saying someone has the skill to go really fast on a sort bike does not equate to saying they will dominate.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/13/2019 4:21am
I'd say the same thing about Benny Bloss. I think he has the potential to be a top 5 guy, but unfortunately, it's looking like injuries are going to keep him from reaching his potential. If only everyone had the attitude/determination of RC, Peick, or Osborne.
Max D
9/13/2019 4:23am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2019 4:44am
He’ll be fine. He has the right attitude. Blames himself, not the team, the bike, mechanic, or the new one as of late “unidentified illness”. Top Pros have been getting knocked down a notch since the sport evolved in the US. It’ll be good for him, even if he does have to provide his own ride for 2020. A little gut check never hurt anybody.

Post a reply to: Justin Hill 2020 ??

The Latest