KYB China Suspension?

JohnnyD13
5/7/2020 8:47am
F451 wrote:
Dude you crazy risk taking thrill seeker going way out on that limb, Lol. I'm with you on this but I am curious to see what...
Dude you crazy risk taking thrill seeker going way out on that limb, Lol.

I'm with you on this but I am curious to see what the Storm suspension is like when it comes out. There's plenty of high quality components coming out of China nowadays along with a bunch of garbage. Just depends on how its spec'd.

So there is a chance...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/57d78cfeb23514dffe2f2fbc798b7413/tenor…
Maicoman07 wrote:
a friend has just bought a Chinese electric car He was really surprized at quality of the components on it He has went from a Kia...
a friend has just bought a Chinese electric car He was really surprized at quality of the components on it He has went from a Kia Sportage to it They have gave a 7 year warranty on the battery
So Kia is worse then a Chinese car? Like dog poop is worse then cat poop?
5/7/2020 9:42am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
So is it just put together in China? Or are they making the components? I can tell you the quality is not there. Do you have...
So is it just put together in China? Or are they making the components? I can tell you the quality is not there. Do you have any other info?
Like mentioned earlier the bike is engineered in Japan. If quality control is fine (would you expect anything less from Honda?) It's exactly the same bike. Pretty much everything is made in China, they're getting pretty good at it. I'm as American made(or Japan, Germany, etc) as the next guy. I even have worked in a manufacturing facility but where stuff is made matters less and less these days. Would I prefer items not manufactured in China? Sure. But it doesn't deter me from buying a product. If I have an option I will pay a few dollars more to support our economy though.
5/7/2020 10:28am
So it's like this, nothing in China is private. It's totally 100% controlled by the CCP, and if you believe otherwise, I have some ocean front property to sale you in Kansas. Follow the money, and you'll find the answer.

CCP total control
Slave Labor Markets
No Unions allowed
Low to No Standards

Only reason these companies go to China is to get whatever their product is, made cheaply, to get bigger margins. Also they don't have to worry about regulation, as there is none in China, and the CCP will back you into a corner when they want or need to. Basically blackmail you or company into doing whatever they want. And the people running those companies are willing to take the bait, all for the green. If they can save 3% on a product, they'll do it. It's a jacked up system.

731chopper
Fantasy
390th
5/7/2020 10:57am
I have no doubt that quality manufacturing can come out of China. The ethics of most of it is what I have an issue with.

The Shop

Tuna
5/7/2020 1:07pm
So it's like this, nothing in China is private. It's totally 100% controlled by the CCP, and if you believe otherwise, I have some ocean front...
So it's like this, nothing in China is private. It's totally 100% controlled by the CCP, and if you believe otherwise, I have some ocean front property to sale you in Kansas. Follow the money, and you'll find the answer.

CCP total control
Slave Labor Markets
No Unions allowed
Low to No Standards

Only reason these companies go to China is to get whatever their product is, made cheaply, to get bigger margins. Also they don't have to worry about regulation, as there is none in China, and the CCP will back you into a corner when they want or need to. Basically blackmail you or company into doing whatever they want. And the people running those companies are willing to take the bait, all for the green. If they can save 3% on a product, they'll do it. It's a jacked up system.

And our need and want for cheap goods helps drive it.
Magic Man
5/7/2020 2:16pm
China already owns big pieces of our western worlds, it's too late to boycott.
It's never too late my friend.
hanzhongluboy
5/7/2020 2:22pm
omalley wrote:
I can see the brochure now: Works kit A qualified suspension fork. Add pleasure to your ride quality through nice spring choice. Oil is top market...
I can see the brochure now:

Works kit A qualified suspension fork. Add pleasure to your ride quality through nice spring choice. Oil is top market choice for best riding situation....
Not to far off of what it would say haha
spimx
5/7/2020 4:19pm
JM485 wrote:
I’m guessing most of you don’t know that the smaller Honda trail bikes have been made in China for years now. . .
I think I'm done with Honda for that reason. I would not take the risk knowing I could get a kx ttr or rm from Japan. I know people say that good quality products can come from China but that has not been my experience.
motoGleamer
Fantasy
739th
5/7/2020 5:06pm
YZed250 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/07/425824/s1200_OIP5OE67PJY.jpg[/img]

So I have the Chinese made Sur Ron "light bee". The quality is actually very nice. But I do worry about things like the foot peg or fork mounts breaking. So far so good. And like I said, the quality appears to be very nice. But the thoughts do linger in the back of your brain while you're riding it.
JohnnyD13
5/8/2020 8:24am
JM485 wrote:
I’m guessing most of you don’t know that the smaller Honda trail bikes have been made in China for years now. . .
spimx wrote:
I think I'm done with Honda for that reason. I would not take the risk knowing I could get a kx ttr or rm from Japan...
I think I'm done with Honda for that reason. I would not take the risk knowing I could get a kx ttr or rm from Japan. I know people say that good quality products can come from China but that has not been my experience.
I think Yamaha is doing the same. I need to double check that
F451
5/8/2020 8:39am
I never imagined my original post would get this much attention, wow. I actually thought someone might know something about the alleged KYB China suspension, so its interesting that we don't know anything about it at all. I expected some grief about Sur Ron's and electric bikes in general. I wasn't expecting China bashing but I can understand it.

A world without Supercross, a world without weekends at the mx track or trail riding. A world without baseball and other sports to watch. A world without bars and restaurants to hang out in. A world full of gloom and doom from every source.

This new world seems to give us all lots of time to speculate about a topic that I think wouldn't have gotten much traction otherwise.

Just rambling here, but it is interesting seeing everyone's responses.

I got some trail miles in yesterday, and did a few hours of trail maintenance too. In the sunshine and fresh air and it was awesome.

Thanks for chiming in all, hope you all get a chance to grip it and rip it this weekend. -Eddie
KX500
5/8/2020 9:59am
Sadly, for many items we purchase, at certain price points & below, the only items available are made in China. As examples, Items I've purchased in the last 4-5 years (at around $200 price point) were Chinese made Nikon Binoculars and Chinese made Giant Bicycles. At that price point, they're all made in China. Had I chosen to spend $400, maybe I could have purchase items made elsewhere.

If we had access to a list of manufacturers who do not source anything from China, we might be shocked at how short the list really is. And then think of the suppliers to these manufacturers - how much do they source from China?

Do we really believe that any motorcycle manufacturer (or their suppliers) isn't sourcing from China? Who really knows what all KYB has made in China?

It would certainly seem that the #1 thing with sourcing to China would be a robust QC program (something Japan is kind of know for, right).

And if the consumer is in the dark as to where stuff is actually made, oh well.

You may have noticed that companies like Ford/GM say 'Made in America' not 'Made in the USA'. Obviously the first includes Mexico/Canada while the 2nd doesn't. These companies know that when the consumer hears 'Made in America' he hears "Made in the USA" - it isn't their fault if the consumer doesn't interpret that correctly.

MZ193
5/8/2020 10:55am
F451 wrote:
Dude you crazy risk taking thrill seeker going way out on that limb, Lol. I'm with you on this but I am curious to see what...
Dude you crazy risk taking thrill seeker going way out on that limb, Lol.

I'm with you on this but I am curious to see what the Storm suspension is like when it comes out. There's plenty of high quality components coming out of China nowadays along with a bunch of garbage. Just depends on how its spec'd.

So there is a chance...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/57d78cfeb23514dffe2f2fbc798b7413/tenor…
Maicoman07 wrote:
a friend has just bought a Chinese electric car He was really surprized at quality of the components on it He has went from a Kia...
a friend has just bought a Chinese electric car He was really surprized at quality of the components on it He has went from a Kia Sportage to it They have gave a 7 year warranty on the battery
JohnnyD13 wrote:
So Kia is worse then a Chinese car? Like dog poop is worse then cat poop?
LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Yeah Kia isn't such a great brand... i'd get it if he was coming from a Ford, BMW, or something decent, but from Kia... lol..........

Post a reply to: KYB China Suspension?

The Latest