Ken Roczen to Challenge MXGP Speedsters

9/14/2017 2:13pm
MohMoto14 wrote:
Its always nice to see a troll venture out from under their bridge.
agn5009 wrote:
Trolls don't last 5 years on a MX forum. I'm not trolling, it's my honest opinion. Herlings had an up and down ROOKIE 450 year. He's...
Trolls don't last 5 years on a MX forum. I'm not trolling, it's my honest opinion. Herlings had an up and down ROOKIE 450 year. He's been fantastic this second half. Anyone not expecting him to win multiple championships from here on out is crazy. I believe Jeffrey is faster than Kenny.
kiwifan wrote:
I get your point, I also think Gajser (if he keeps healthy) will win neat year, but I certainly wouldn't count out Herlings winning a few...
I get your point, I also think Gajser (if he keeps healthy) will win neat year, but I certainly wouldn't count out Herlings winning a few and finishing runner-up ...call me crazy
I'd like to see gajser get back to his 2016 self for next year. Febvra too. That would make for an awesome season
Jt$
9/14/2017 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 2:53pm
Roczen won 20out of 24 motos last year (yes I'm counting the fork issue at glen Helen as a win).. I have a feeling he would give Herlings all he wants.
Motofinne
9/14/2017 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 3:00pm
This is bench racing. There is not a right or wrong answer but this is my opinion.

Herlings and Roczen are the two best riders in MX. Now, we have to wait and see what the injury has done to Roczen but if he can ride at 90% he will beat Tomac with relatively ease.

Herlings will beat AC if he stays healthy in 2018. Gajser will be able to challenge and win on hard pack tracks.

With all this said. I think Herlings have matured "better" that Roczen. This is just a feeling that i have. He feels more relaxed and very, very humble. I think this was a big learning experience for him. Going into the rookie season with a broken hand and struggling to get top 10. I think the injury has been a blessing in disguise.
kkawboy14
9/14/2017 3:17pm
Jt$ wrote:
Roczen won 20out of 24 motos last year (yes I'm counting the fork issue at glen Helen as a win).. I have a feeling he would...
Roczen won 20out of 24 motos last year (yes I'm counting the fork issue at glen Helen as a win).. I have a feeling he would give Herlings all he wants.
Not now!

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/14/2017 4:56pm
Jt$ wrote:
Roczen won 20out of 24 motos last year (yes I'm counting the fork issue at glen Helen as a win).. I have a feeling he would...
He did win 20, it would have been 21 without the fork issue
ATKpilot99
9/14/2017 5:06pm
Motofinne wrote:
This is bench racing. There is not a right or wrong answer but this is my opinion. Herlings and Roczen are the two best riders in...
This is bench racing. There is not a right or wrong answer but this is my opinion.

Herlings and Roczen are the two best riders in MX. Now, we have to wait and see what the injury has done to Roczen but if he can ride at 90% he will beat Tomac with relatively ease.

Herlings will beat AC if he stays healthy in 2018. Gajser will be able to challenge and win on hard pack tracks.

With all this said. I think Herlings have matured "better" that Roczen. This is just a feeling that i have. He feels more relaxed and very, very humble. I think this was a big learning experience for him. Going into the rookie season with a broken hand and struggling to get top 10. I think the injury has been a blessing in disguise.
I think that's a pretty good assessment .
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
9/14/2017 5:34pm
oldblood wrote:
I would say Kenny is already winning the only race that really matters to him right now, the recovery from a significant injury.
This
cbuehler767
9/14/2017 5:37pm
Jt$ wrote:
Derpin' DJ wrote:
He did win 20, it would have been 21 without the fork issue
Wow, crazy dominant season. I missed it unfortunately, was a guest of the state that summer LoL. Other than RC/Bubba undeafeated, anyone ever win that many not is? Bet Dungey had allot a couple diff seasons. Maybe around 16-18 in 2010?
JMR1976
9/14/2017 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 5:41pm
maybe Kenny should race a USGP in future , or race the MXON on a bigbike ...until then , we dont know
Trust me Kenny is not that fast. Stamped.
ob
9/14/2017 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 5:47pm
Motofinne wrote:
This is bench racing. There is not a right or wrong answer but this is my opinion. Herlings and Roczen are the two best riders in...

I was impressed with his interviews, except the one where he kept picking his nose. Probably buggers are a euro thing. Or he's on coke.
FTF MX
9/14/2017 8:02pm
oldblood wrote:
I would say Kenny is already winning the only race that really matters to him right now, the recovery from a significant injury.
That injury set him back some, but I feel Roczen can compete at or above GP level. Get well Soon.
jeffro503
9/14/2017 8:10pm
Jesus Christ.....not one mention of Eli here huh? He loses two moto's trying to wrap up s championship and 1 moto in a USGP......and he's yesterday news.

I think when we see these guys all line up on a freakin' dirt track ( not sand ) .....maybe ol' Eli will surprise some of you.

That being said.....one big bike championship , and I think you guys are going to see an all new Eli come 2018. I personally think he'll whoop anyone on either side of the pond from here on out.
Lunch_Box
9/14/2017 8:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus Christ.....not one mention of Eli here huh? He loses two moto's trying to wrap up s championship and 1 moto in a USGP......and he's yesterday...
Jesus Christ.....not one mention of Eli here huh? He loses two moto's trying to wrap up s championship and 1 moto in a USGP......and he's yesterday news.

I think when we see these guys all line up on a freakin' dirt track ( not sand ) .....maybe ol' Eli will surprise some of you.

That being said.....one big bike championship , and I think you guys are going to see an all new Eli come 2018. I personally think he'll whoop anyone on either side of the pond from here on out.
I agree. He has won 5 of 6 motos in the MXGP events he's race. And the moto he didn't win he took a 3rd. Not to shabby for "yesterdays news".
oshow
9/14/2017 8:54pm
agn5009 wrote:
Healthy Roczen could not beat a healthy Herlings anywhere except SX.
Lol
peelout
9/14/2017 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2017 11:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jesus Christ.....not one mention of Eli here huh? He loses two moto's trying to wrap up s championship and 1 moto in a USGP......and he's yesterday...

why would there be? Kenny's ol' lady used Eli's tears as lube from the 2016 outdoor season bro. she has it bottled up for reserves
Crush
9/15/2017 12:09am
I can't tell what's fake news in this thread or not.
RangerLee
9/15/2017 12:34pm
It is called a world GP as the races go to different countries. A post earlier showed how most of Europe where these races are held would, combined fit in the state of Texas. Size wise, the AMA travel just as far, with the trip to Asia being an outlier of course. The different types of tracks that the GP's find are also found in the US as it crosses many longitude and latitude lines.

The other thing that makes it a little more than a regular "regional" series is the amount of money in it due to it being in America, hence so many riders from around the world want to come here.

Both are fantastic series that brings out the best riders.
goony
9/15/2017 12:54pm
There should be only one premier series in the world, planet earth, we would get the absolut best racing and im really getting concerned WW3 is gonna start in the motocross community
Katoomey
9/15/2017 1:00pm
mmain62 wrote:
Don't care who is faster Herlings has the upper hand he called someone Cu^+ on tv (mel pocock). Best interview ever.
how refined of you, how mature. are you Beavis, or are you Butthead?
9/15/2017 1:42pm
I would really like for Roczen, Tomac and Musquin to go contest the GP's instead. Then and only then, can we accurately say who the best rider in the world is.
deluxeman
9/16/2017 6:16am
One race does not make the man. Herlings came over raced two races in AMA, won them both, one was a gimme after MM threw it down the road. He races 2 at the USGP and Eli wins one and Jeff wins one. So now he's the King of the world in MX?

Yep he's fast but the MX field was severely depleted from retirement's and injuries. Roczen and Tomac would give him all he could handle if he came to the US full time.
Sideways
9/16/2017 7:00am
The fastest riders (450mx) in the world right now is herlings,tomac,cairoli,musquin and Roczen (healthy like last year). I think anyone of them could win over the others on a good day.

I look forward to when all the talent in ama 250 class moves up to 450. I think some of them will be a serious threat to roczen and tomac.
cookies
9/16/2017 7:15am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2017 7:15am
Roczen is out of the running. Accept it. He's not a titlecontender, nor will he be next year. Eli and Musquin will have no problem beating him, not to mention the 10+riders in MXGP that would do the same if he'd compete there.

Post a reply to: Ken Roczen to Challenge MXGP Speedsters

The Latest