Kenny + Honda

drt410
7/29/2018 2:15pm
How many years or months does he have left? Is he staying and do they want him? He seems to be rapidly getting back to his old form and is one of the very few who has won a race this year. They must be happy with what hes doing right now after a tough couple years.

That being said if he gets another injury I could see them getting fed up. I dont think thats going to happen though he seems to be riding very smart and will gladly settle now instead of ride over his head to win and crash. Theres been a few times this year where he has been leading and could have tried to go crazy and hold Eli off and probably crash, but settled.

Theres nobody else they could sign, plus outside of Eli, Musquin, Anderson hes already one of the top racers again. If they resign him Id imagine he commands less money than he did before... but then again at the same time hes one of the very fewww whos won right now so I dont know. Marvin is barely even winning right now so for Kenny to get a W and lead a few races is huge. He seems to be leading more than Marv lately too. Hes not pulling Bogle leads either where he pulls a holeshot then drops to 20th, hes also got a few holeshots then takes Eli down to the wire.

Hes really the best person for them right now his ceiling at 100% is still potential champion and you cant say that for many of these guys. The years ahead if hes ahead of Marvin getting a whole lot of seconds Marvins shown an Eli mistake can put you in the points lead quick so he can still win a championship if he doesnt become just as fast as Eli...which he still also has the potential for as well. If Im Honda Im verry happy with him right now, as nobody else on a Honda in either class is doing anything. So whats the deal, he stays?
|
es337
7/29/2018 2:20pm
You do know he is on a 5 year deal, right?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/29/2018 2:21pm
es337 wrote:
3 year. Ends next year
es337
7/29/2018 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 2:47pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
3 year. Ends next year
Well Ill be darned. It will be 5 years when they re-sign him though.
cbuehler767
7/29/2018 2:31pm
Not to nitpick but he hasn't actually won a race. He won a moto

The Shop

7/29/2018 2:38pm
I'm pretty sure Honda will lock him down again. He's great for them, and there isn't a single rider that realistically can win a title in sx or mx that isn't locked in with a team. MAYBE barcia, but that's a really long shot imo (I'm a fan). I don't see eli, jason, or Marv ever switching teams.
agn5009
7/29/2018 2:38pm
They'd be crazy not to keep him. The only ones who may be better options are Anderson, Tomac and Musquin. I don't think Honda will be getting any of those 3 any time soon.
7/29/2018 2:57pm
I'm pretty sure Honda will lock him down again. He's great for them, and there isn't a single rider that realistically can win a title in...
I'm pretty sure Honda will lock him down again. He's great for them, and there isn't a single rider that realistically can win a title in sx or mx that isn't locked in with a team. MAYBE barcia, but that's a really long shot imo (I'm a fan). I don't see eli, jason, or Marv ever switching teams.
He also has a huge social media presence so I'm sure Honda is loving that
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/29/2018 3:00pm
es337 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
3 year. Ends next year
There’s a +2 year option on his deal. hes not going anywhere.
Xcel
7/29/2018 3:12pm
Kenny is the only rider in the field that has a Q-rating. Even if he could never win another race, Honda would be stupid not to resign him.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
632nd
7/29/2018 3:27pm
agn5009 wrote:
They'd be crazy not to keep him. The only ones who may be better options are Anderson, Tomac and Musquin. I don't think Honda will be...
They'd be crazy not to keep him. The only ones who may be better options are Anderson, Tomac and Musquin. I don't think Honda will be getting any of those 3 any time soon.
Id love to see Eli back on red again though. Last time he was riding red he was REALLY rockin till that unfortunate crash. Also how many times this year have we seen mechanicals on the red bikes and how many on the green ones? Just sayin.
kb228
7/29/2018 3:34pm
agn5009 wrote:
They'd be crazy not to keep him. The only ones who may be better options are Anderson, Tomac and Musquin. I don't think Honda will be...
Hoseclamp wrote:
Id love to see Eli back on red again though. Last time he was riding red he was REALLY rockin till that unfortunate crash. Also how...
Id love to see Eli back on red again though. Last time he was riding red he was REALLY rockin till that unfortunate crash. Also how many times this year have we seen mechanicals on the red bikes and how many on the green ones? Just sayin.
Just 1 on a kx450 in the last few years that wasnt a result of a crash
7/29/2018 3:48pm
agn5009 wrote:
Hoseclamp wrote:
Id love to see Eli back on red again though. Last time he was riding red he was REALLY rockin till that unfortunate crash. Also how...
I love red, but id guess it would take a year of testing to get to how he feels on the kawi now. I'm not sure he's the best at getting his setup dialed. Even though the new kawi is supposed to be a lot better, I'm worried about that transition. Even though I don't think anyone should be
mauidex
7/29/2018 4:12pm
seriously?!??!?!? except for Anderson which is an unknown now who else??? barcia, baggett, pieck and anyone else in the class is an embarrassment compared to the guy with 1.5 arms...........if I was the boss only guy I'd take a flyer on would be plessinger
ledger
7/29/2018 4:40pm
I can't imagine Roczen on another brand, he's selling a lot of bike's for Honda and he's getting stronger every moto. KR has gained a ton of respect and how could anyone Not like the guy.
IWreckALot
7/29/2018 4:55pm
At this point in his career I could see him being what dungey was to RV. Right there all the time, wins straight up occasionally but looking to wear Tomac down over time and force some mistakes. There is a chance he continues to improve his speed but catching Tomac seems impossible at the moment.

I think it’ll be tough to wear Tomac down mentally with where he is currently.
oldblood
7/29/2018 10:49pm
They'd be stupid to lose him.
But they booted MC and RC at their peak, so who knows.
7/29/2018 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 10:57pm
He’ll retire one day being a Red Rider. Mark it.
7/29/2018 10:57pm
I would say, regardless of not winning a title this year he would still be the most valuable rider out of everyone. He is incredibly popular and has over a million instagram followers that he advertises his brands to every day.
rongi#401
7/30/2018 1:40am
Yeah hrc doesn't have a good history of backing up their guys. Who was it a few years ago they ghosted on when their guy got hurt real bad?
kiwifan
7/30/2018 2:05am
Regardless of what the Honda team have done in the part (MC, RC, etc), this is a different team, lets not compare previous management to this one. I dont think Honda want to lose Kenny, I think they will renew his contract when the time comes.

I also dont think they give a toss what he says or does on social media, if that was seriously an issue to them then something would of already been done about it.

I will go on record now in saying that he will be 2019 SX and MX champion.....imho
7/30/2018 3:04am
Who else could Honda have that would be more competitive than Kenny?

Where else could Kenny go that would have a better Team than Honda?

There was only one other factor that Honda did not have at the SX, until now, an autograph line with CR22.
FlaNard
7/30/2018 12:02pm
Unless Honda pulls a Honda (MC, RC, etc.) they aren't letting Kenny go anywhere. But Honda gonna Honda so who knows?

Post a reply to: Kenny + Honda

The Latest