Kenny Opening Up About His Performance

This could certainly explain some things. Grain of salt and all that, but it does track with what we've seen from him.

View this post on Instagram

SLC Round 2 was not a good one for me. I have been having breathing issues for a few months now. I got really sick in November/ December that attacked the respiratory side of my body really bad.It has been going on for a long time and i am not able to get rid of it. I have developed a mild asthma that i was unaware of before but i am not sure if that is the actual issue to be honest. Having said that there is medication for that but it doesn’t seem to change my restrictions. It is not something i talk about because when i am out racing it doesn’t matter what issue i have because all that matters is the end result. I am always going out to do my best and push my body as hard as i can. Obviously i had to let go after just about 8 min into the main, which is obviously not normal. I know that this looks bad but unfortunately it is what it is and i am not giving up. There are still 5 rounds to go and i m always down to try and do some magic! The last thing i want to do is let down the people that believe in me. I just thought my fans should know. To go out and win your body has to work in top notch form. Other than that i have been feeling pretty good on the bike and am plenty fast enough to win. Onto Sunday! 📸 @align.with.us

A post shared by Ken Roczen (@kenroczen94) on Jun 5, 2020 at 8:30am PDT

I wonder if the combination of smaller rest breaks between races and the higher altitude is exacerbating this.
|
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
6/5/2020 5:19pm
Kenny’s either a hypochondriac or just a medical mess.
Lightning78
6/5/2020 5:23pm
mx196 wrote:
It wasnt affecting him when he was crushing it at the beginning of the season.....I just cant get on board with this
Premix
6/5/2020 5:32pm
Dudes got a little dog. Never trust people with little dogs or cats. Shifty MF’ers
PRM31
6/5/2020 5:35pm
The guy has worked his ass off to even race again. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder what Eli thinks reading this. A little pressure off perhaps?

The Shop

6/5/2020 5:43pm
mx196 wrote:
It wasnt affecting him when he was crushing it at the beginning of the season.....I just cant get on board with this
You can't get on board with what? You think he's just all making this shit up? How could anyone even make such a specific "excuse" up, even going as far to say that he's on medication for these issues. I mean he can't win anyway, if he tells us what's going on it's an excuse, if he keeps his mouth shut he gets shit on for his bad performance and everyone asks wtf is wrong with him.
bvm111
6/5/2020 5:43pm
my parents always told me that if you don’t have anything nice to say keep your trap shut sooooo .... 🤐
DynoDan22
6/5/2020 5:47pm
He has a little dog? This explains a lot!
BobbyM
6/5/2020 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 6:33pm
Like that virus he doesn't have... A double hoax perhaps?

I know what the problem is, he appears to be human. Never would have guessed.
yz25
6/5/2020 6:15pm
Why does he need to explain for being in the top and a chance of winning every weekend?
It can do more damage making a statement than just being silent. Can give more confidence to Webb and Tomac as stated above. Also. What if Sunday he smokes the field by 10sec for a win. People are going to say it’s just an excuse. Losing situation.

The guy is a stud all way around. Enjoy watching him ride. But do get a little frustrated when he gets hung up by riders he has tracked down. Similar to Dungey back in his earlier years.

Just my 2 cents.
6/5/2020 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 6:16pm
Looked to me like he had a mental breakdown after Eli passed him. He was killing it up until that point, fast through the whoops and setting the second fastest lap time of all but Eli.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
6/5/2020 6:37pm
I’m a full blown hypochondriac and I can tell ya...whether this is real for ken or slight and exacerbated by anxiety...he’s definitely feeling very very off from it.

I have no idea if he’s a hypochondriac. He may just have the worst medical luck ever.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/5/2020 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 6:46pm
I’ve had asthma my whole life (has tapered off as I’ve gotten older). I always take a couple puffs of my albuterol inhaler before I ride and it prevents any breathing issues.

I wonder if this is would be considered a banned substance?
6/5/2020 6:53pm
Brad460 wrote:
I’ve had asthma my whole life (has tapered off as I’ve gotten older). I always take a couple puffs of my albuterol inhaler before I ride...
I’ve had asthma my whole life (has tapered off as I’ve gotten older). I always take a couple puffs of my albuterol inhaler before I ride and it prevents any breathing issues.

I wonder if this is would be considered a banned substance?
I also had Asthma and i have symbicort inhaler, works perfect used pre sport never any issues!
But from what i was told this is actually a banned product in a doping sense for sports, maybye not everywhere though but a friend of me is a national level road bike cycling racer and he told me thats 100% a no go for him.
jbonemalone
6/5/2020 6:59pm
Never in my life would I have ever expected a man to have to give an excuse for being on the podium🙄
Give him credit for even being in a bike much less competing for a championship.
I don’t care if his excuse was he bleached his butthole and it’s raw. He’s a damn legend for even being back on a bike at the pro level. End. Of. Story.
yz25
6/5/2020 7:12pm
Never in my life would I have ever expected a man to have to give an excuse for being on the podium🙄 Give him credit for...
Never in my life would I have ever expected a man to have to give an excuse for being on the podium🙄
Give him credit for even being in a bike much less competing for a championship.
I don’t care if his excuse was he bleached his butthole and it’s raw. He’s a damn legend for even being back on a bike at the pro level. End. Of. Story.
Spot on!
crowe176
6/5/2020 7:13pm
Its possible I'm a bad judge of character, but I've never take Ken as someone who doesn't tell exactly what he's thinking or feeling, almost to a fault. I've never doubted anything that kid has ever said. It's a miracle he can even still twist a throttle, let alone do it at a winning level in the premier class and premier race series of our sport.

We're lucky to have him in the sport. His best days might just be in the past, but I can almost guarantee he doesn't believe that.
Ozy
6/5/2020 7:28pm
Nobody can question Ken's heart or desire. How many could come back from the two arm injuries he suffered! Right now, today, he's one of the elite motocross riders in the world. Hope his team figures out how to stabilize the situation because he's right in the hunt.
6/5/2020 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 7:56pm
What Performance issues ? His wife is pregnant.

Yikes tho. Get that man on some advair HFA, singulair and some Levocetirizine for good measure and let her rip....

Respiratory issues suck in moto!
FerCzD
6/5/2020 8:08pm
"it's not something I like to talk about"

Goes with a full essay on how that affects him. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation. I believe is part of his character, saying things like this might help to convince himself that is not because Tomac is faster, is just because he is "sick".
Sully
6/5/2020 8:10pm
Sounds like he had the Rona.
brocster wrote:
dis ^^^^

Hang in there Ken, give it hell!!!
I know they test everyone in SLC for the virus, but I'd like to see them test Kenny and Webb for the antibodies. Just based off of how Webb looked at A1, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back positive for the antibody.
mx216
6/5/2020 8:22pm
FerCzD wrote:
"it's not something I like to talk about" Goes with a full essay on how that affects him. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation. I believe...
"it's not something I like to talk about"

Goes with a full essay on how that affects him. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation. I believe is part of his character, saying things like this might help to convince himself that is not because Tomac is faster, is just because he is "sick".
Or just maybe he is sick and everybody is like what is wrong with Kenny so he comes out and says it.Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt. I thought people wanted riders to be more transparent, then we get it and now hes hypocrondriac and a liar??
500guy
6/5/2020 8:35pm
isn't the Asthma meds Steroids? wonder how they get around WADA

The guy was lightning fast for 8+ laps, I just figured he pumped up and couldn't hang on.
MikeID
6/5/2020 8:37pm
Great to see him out there. I hope he can get it all sorted out and feel better.
6/5/2020 8:39pm
Corticosteroid....If it’s a long acting inhaler..... Wonder what the rules are for short acting albuterol...? and singulair is a leukotriene blocker. TUE it up.
6/5/2020 8:42pm
I know Daytona was a long time ago but he was hauling on the last lap there, it appears more mental than anything.
I’m not calling Kenny a liar, he clearly had some issue..
str8line
6/5/2020 8:42pm
500guy wrote:
isn't the Asthma meds Steroids? wonder how they get around WADA The guy was lightning fast for 8+ laps, I just figured he pumped up and...
isn't the Asthma meds Steroids? wonder how they get around WADA

The guy was lightning fast for 8+ laps, I just figured he pumped up and couldn't hang on.
Greased lightning. Nobody passes like Roczen early race. Ever.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/5/2020 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 8:47pm
Sully wrote:
I know they test everyone in SLC for the virus, but I'd like to see them test Kenny and Webb for the antibodies. Just based off...
I know they test everyone in SLC for the virus, but I'd like to see them test Kenny and Webb for the antibodies. Just based off of how Webb looked at A1, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back positive for the antibody.
To serve what purpose? To satisfy your curiosity? C'mon, man.

Post a reply to: Kenny Opening Up About His Performance

The Latest