Kenny gave it his best this year.. thanks Kenny!

ATKpilot99
6/18/2020 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 2:39pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Actually Webb has scored the most points in Utah thus far. But I know, this is a poor Kenny , I don't like Tomac post. Carry...
Actually Webb has scored the most points in Utah thus far. But I know, this is a poor Kenny , I don't like Tomac post. Carry on.
philG wrote:
So going from getting lapped twice, to taking a win , that's not impressive. ? With Shingles ? Webb has been great, always had respect for...
So going from getting lapped twice, to taking a win , that's not impressive. ? With Shingles ?

Webb has been great, always had respect for him for the stepping up he did when others couldn't be arsed, and even though he is a God botherer, he is a proper racer , and I like that.

For me Tomac has no redeeming features. I can root for who I like. That's called choice.
I don't care who anyone roots for. I guess if I had to pick a favorite rider it would be Anderson. But if Eli does win this title it shouldn't be diminished by saying he had some sort of advantage. They were all dealt the same cards and it's too bad Kenny had issues but that's the way it goes. Also it was a good win for Kenny, but enough with the shingles. He obviously had a mild case. I had it when I was about his age and it was nothing. If he had a severe case of it he probably wouldn't have even been able to line up.
kpiper
6/18/2020 2:44pm
philG wrote:
So going from getting lapped twice, to taking a win , that's not impressive. ? With Shingles ? Webb has been great, always had respect for...
So going from getting lapped twice, to taking a win , that's not impressive. ? With Shingles ?

Webb has been great, always had respect for him for the stepping up he did when others couldn't be arsed, and even though he is a God botherer, he is a proper racer , and I like that.

For me Tomac has no redeeming features. I can root for who I like. That's called choice.
So being the fastest rider is not a redeeming feature to you? Just curious what you don't like about him.
mxb2
6/18/2020 2:47pm
philG wrote:

kpiper wrote:
So being the fastest rider is not a redeeming feature to you? Just curious what you don't like about him.
Still.mad at mxon, tomac, ac didnt go. Weird that you dislike someone you dont know . But want them to show up and race.
philG
6/18/2020 3:18pm
kpiper wrote:
Didn't represent his country , when he had no reason not to, amongst other things.

The minute you think you are bigger than the biggest race on the planet , you can get fucked in my books.

And before ATKPilot chimes in with his ' its cos he is American' line, back in the day when World Superbikes was a thing, I sat up willing Scott Russell to beat Carl Fogarty, cos Foggy was a prick as well.

The Shop

kpiper
6/18/2020 3:24pm
kpiper wrote:
philG wrote:
Didn't represent his country , when he had no reason not to, amongst other things. The minute you think you are bigger than the biggest race...
Didn't represent his country , when he had no reason not to, amongst other things.

The minute you think you are bigger than the biggest race on the planet , you can get fucked in my books.

And before ATKPilot chimes in with his ' its cos he is American' line, back in the day when World Superbikes was a thing, I sat up willing Scott Russell to beat Carl Fogarty, cos Foggy was a prick as well.
I agree it is disappointing when he won't go when he is the fastest American. But others have done that as well. Kind of the thing now. It is not as important to the current generation which is sad to me.

But I still like the guy. He is a patriot in other ways and so much fun to watch. It will be boring when he is gone.
mxb2
6/18/2020 3:25pm
kpiper wrote:
philG wrote:
Didn't represent his country , when he had no reason not to, amongst other things. The minute you think you are bigger than the biggest race...

Add ac9, ferrandis, webb, wilson, kroc to the list you have then. And fyi tomac has raced 3 mxon in case you didnt know.
6/18/2020 3:27pm
philG wrote:

Funny how on the last page you mentioned how it was your choice who you root for, but apparently that word doesn't exist when it comes MXdN decisions. No one needs a reason to not represent their country, it's simply their choice. Just as it's your choice to not root for that person.

Not to mention there's a certain German that you seem to be a rather big fan of who isn't exactly a regular at the MXdN. But funny enough never a mention of that, huh?
kpiper
6/18/2020 3:30pm
Well it's not like Kenny had much for Tomac when they were in Florida, at sea level, where Kenny also happens to train.. Whistling
It seems to me now that Kenny's "problems" were related to the altitude at SLC. That seems logical.

It takes a few days or a week for some people to adjust. He seemed fine the last two races. Just about when he would have become acclimated to the altitude.

Not saying he does not have some health issues. Everyone does and I am sure some of the other riders do as well. The altitude may have hit him hard because of that.

I think part of his mental game is talking about things on social media like he does. Maybe it is his way of coping with it better. He will win some nationals this summer I am sure.

Eli could have something wrong and we would never hear about it...unless maybe it was from putting in too many fence posts.
mxb2
6/18/2020 3:30pm
philG wrote:

Funny how on the last page you mentioned how it was your choice who you root for, but apparently that word doesn't exist when it comes...
Funny how on the last page you mentioned how it was your choice who you root for, but apparently that word doesn't exist when it comes MXdN decisions. No one needs a reason to not represent their country, it's simply their choice. Just as it's your choice to not root for that person.

Not to mention there's a certain German that you seem to be a rather big fan of who isn't exactly a regular at the MXdN. But funny enough never a mention of that, huh?
Bingo. But kroc rode the all important rbsr,. But ac , tomac got shit for racing the mec , which they are paid to race. Kroc chose $$ over mxon. . hmmmmm .
philG
6/19/2020 7:11am
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo. But kroc rode the all important rbsr,. But ac , tomac got shit for racing the mec , which they are paid to race. Kroc...
Bingo. But kroc rode the all important rbsr,. But ac , tomac got shit for racing the mec , which they are paid to race. Kroc chose $$ over mxon. . hmmmmm .
RBSR is a fun event, Kenny skipped Assen because Germany had no decent riders to back him up, as has been the case previously, because with Max Nagl injured , there was no point . A bit different, and again Kenny has been injured/ill since nearly losing his fucking arm .. he can choose to ride when and where he likes.

He only won the million at MEC cos Savatgy laid up for him , and the way he handled that shows what a total prick he is.

I laughed like fuck when he skipped MXoN and Marvin beat him at MEC.

Webb skipped the MXoN, but he stepped and raced a 450 when they were short because Tomac and Dungey both didn't want to ride...

And anyway, it doesn't matter why, I am allowed to not like whoever I want.

Just glad I have had the opportunity to see him race and get beat by Freddy Noren LOL.

ATKpilot99
6/19/2020 7:18am
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo. But kroc rode the all important rbsr,. But ac , tomac got shit for racing the mec , which they are paid to race. Kroc...
philG wrote:
RBSR is a fun event, Kenny skipped Assen because Germany had no decent riders to back him up, as has been the case previously, because with...
RBSR is a fun event, Kenny skipped Assen because Germany had no decent riders to back him up, as has been the case previously, because with Max Nagl injured , there was no point . A bit different, and again Kenny has been injured/ill since nearly losing his fucking arm .. he can choose to ride when and where he likes.

He only won the million at MEC cos Savatgy laid up for him , and the way he handled that shows what a total prick he is.

Webb skipped the MXoN, but he stepped and raced a 450 when they were short because Tomac and Dungey both didn't want to ride...

Just glad I have had the opportunity to see him race and get beat by Freddy Noren LOL.

You sound like a child Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/19/2020 7:19am
mxb2 wrote:
I'm pretty certain Roczen had to ride RBSR because it was part of his contract with Red Bull. I don't think he particularly wanted to do it.
philG
6/19/2020 7:42am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You sound like a child Laughing
And you sound like a Red Neck.
USA
Fantasy
545th
6/19/2020 7:51am
Lol obviously some British trolls in here. Get out with your selective hypocrisy, it reminds me of listening to an 11 year old talk about a 'bad day'. Go root for Tanel Leok since he never misses an MXoN. Everyone else falls under the category you say you hate Tomac for.

Kenny has had an amazing year, and aside from the health issues towards the end of the season, he was the only person with Tomac's number this championship season.
6/19/2020 7:53am
USA wrote:
Lol obviously some British trolls in here. Get out with your selective hypocrisy, it reminds me of listening to an 11 year old talk about a...
Lol obviously some British trolls in here. Get out with your selective hypocrisy, it reminds me of listening to an 11 year old talk about a 'bad day'. Go root for Tanel Leok since he never misses an MXoN. Everyone else falls under the category you say you hate Tomac for.

Kenny has had an amazing year, and aside from the health issues towards the end of the season, he was the only person with Tomac's number this championship season.
Your last paragraph is baffling.
USA
Fantasy
545th
6/19/2020 7:59am
USA wrote:
Lol obviously some British trolls in here. Get out with your selective hypocrisy, it reminds me of listening to an 11 year old talk about a...

Your last paragraph is baffling.
Kenny was 8 pts down and Cooper was 30+ down after the first SLC race... then health issues for Kenny. Cooper didnt stand a chance without catastrophe, and if you dont believe that then I guess just watch the finale in sunday.

Kenny was the only one with a shot besides Tomac. Nobody had a chance against Webb last year.
mxb2
6/19/2020 7:59am
mxb2 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm pretty certain Roczen had to ride RBSR because it was part of his contract with Red Bull. I don't think he particularly wanted to do...
I'm pretty certain Roczen had to ride RBSR because it was part of his contract with Red Bull. I don't think he particularly wanted to do it.
Exactly, same as tomac,ac9 on monster cup. Contracts,. And mxon arent in any contracts. But some dont understand that..
mxb2
6/19/2020 8:07am
mxb2 wrote:
philG wrote:
RBSR is a fun event, Kenny skipped Assen because Germany had no decent riders to back him up, as has been the case previously, because with...

Yep, lotta kroc musquin webb ferrandis, excuses and yep he can pick what he wants, like all the other riders can choose. Guess you forgot kroc rode red bud mxon. Hmmmm. 18th solid result, but you only talk shit on tomac because he didnt do what you want.You sound like a 10 year old spoiled kid on fb. Must be the cool thing to do. Guess those guys that turned it down are pricks. No country pride. Add. Rc kdub,etc to your list.
mxb2
6/19/2020 8:08am
mxb2 wrote:
philG wrote:

Kenny chose $$ , contract over country pride.
KX500
6/19/2020 8:09am
Its amusing when we fans give our favorite riders a pass for doing something but then are ready to crucify the riders we don't like, when they do the same thing!

I like KR & ET both & if/when they decide to skip MXON, I'm good with it. There will be 3 other riders on the US team I can root for.

The timing of the MXON has been intentionally manipulated to make it not favorable for US Riders - and I think most get nothing extra for it.

Take (a precious little bit of) time off or go to a race (most times giving up a whole week) - same pay. Is there a bonus to win MXON?

I like my job a lot, but I try to do it for free as little as possible.

And if it is OK for KR to skip MXON because the team wasn't going to be good (assumed poor results) why is wrong for any other rider to skip because the venue is sand (assumed poor results) or his employer doesn't want to support it?
slns
6/19/2020 8:13am
Eli DNF’s with one of the obscure Kawi failures. Kenny wins and leads the series 344 to 343 entering the last round. Last round Coop brake...
Eli DNF’s with one of the obscure Kawi failures. Kenny wins and leads the series 344 to 343 entering the last round. Last round Coop brake checks Eli, he goes down and can never catch Kenny. Kenny wins championship.
ipbrew wrote:
I'm embarrassed your Canadian!
I'm embarrassed YOU'RE Canadian! Learn to spell!
mxb2
6/19/2020 8:19am
KX500 wrote:
Its amusing when we fans give our favorite riders a pass for doing something but then are ready to crucify the riders we don't like, when...
Its amusing when we fans give our favorite riders a pass for doing something but then are ready to crucify the riders we don't like, when they do the same thing!

I like KR & ET both & if/when they decide to skip MXON, I'm good with it. There will be 3 other riders on the US team I can root for.

The timing of the MXON has been intentionally manipulated to make it not favorable for US Riders - and I think most get nothing extra for it.

Take (a precious little bit of) time off or go to a race (most times giving up a whole week) - same pay. Is there a bonus to win MXON?

And if it is OK for KR to skip MXON because the team wasn't going to be good (assumed poor results) why is wrong for any other rider to skip because the venue is sand (assumed poor results) or his employer doesn't want to support it?
Some on here like double standards.
philG
6/19/2020 8:50am
KX500 wrote:
Its amusing when we fans give our favorite riders a pass for doing something but then are ready to crucify the riders we don't like, when...

That's called choice, Land of the Free and all that .

The timing of the MXoN is always straight after the MXGP series. Always the same. As the series has expanded, that may have moved a week here and there, but it hasn't moved significantly for ages, if ever. So bull shit on that .

Its funny that it only seems to be a problem now you cant win it .

Because you chose to run your MX season around when College Football is, makes it your problem , not ours.

mx1313
6/19/2020 8:52am
Utah altitude is advantage Tomac? It's pretty much been stated that where they are racing has very little advantage to anyone.It's not like they are racing Mt Everest altitude here. Tomac training at 6k feet has to be good for him though...no doubt there. But anytime Eli races, it seems to be advantage Tomac. The guy wins A LOT.
ipbrew
6/19/2020 9:06am
Eli DNF’s with one of the obscure Kawi failures. Kenny wins and leads the series 344 to 343 entering the last round. Last round Coop brake...
Eli DNF’s with one of the obscure Kawi failures. Kenny wins and leads the series 344 to 343 entering the last round. Last round Coop brake checks Eli, he goes down and can never catch Kenny. Kenny wins championship.
ipbrew wrote:
I'm embarrassed your Canadian!
slns wrote:
I'm embarrassed YOU'RE Canadian! Learn to spell!
Fair enough, I admit that is even a pet peeve of mine too - lol. Smile
philG
6/19/2020 9:09am
mx1313 wrote:
Utah altitude is advantage Tomac? It's pretty much been stated that where they are racing has very little advantage to anyone.It's not like they are racing...
Utah altitude is advantage Tomac? It's pretty much been stated that where they are racing has very little advantage to anyone.It's not like they are racing Mt Everest altitude here. Tomac training at 6k feet has to be good for him though...no doubt there. But anytime Eli races, it seems to be advantage Tomac. The guy wins A LOT.
You obviously haven't listened to any of the post race Pods , so are clueless.

Fact is Kenny was 3 points off the lead prior to this, and lost the race by a couple of bike lengths.

7 races at altitude is a world of difference to just nipping in for one... Anderson suffered with Altitude sickness, and he lived at altitude, but you think its just made up...mmmkay
KX500
6/19/2020 9:37am
philG wrote:
That's called choice, Land of the Free and all that . The timing of the MXoN is always straight after the MXGP series. Always the same...
That's called choice, Land of the Free and all that .

The timing of the MXoN is always straight after the MXGP series. Always the same. As the series has expanded, that may have moved a week here and there, but it hasn't moved significantly for ages, if ever. So bull shit on that .

Its funny that it only seems to be a problem now you cant win it .

Because you chose to run your MX season around when College Football is, makes it your problem , not ours.

No doubt we are all free to be as biased as we want - just don't expect to not be called out on it, when the bias shows through loud and clear.

Pretty sure at one point, the MXON took place right after both the MXGP and US MX series wrapped up. Not hard for anybody to stay with an MX program for 1 more race.

And it could be that there were fewer fall races US riders were obligated to do as well.

So move the MXON back a week or 2 and now US riders are faced with skip vacation time and get a later start on prep for fall SX races.

Look how it worked for Anderson last year - did MXON, so not ready for Monster cup or whatever the next race was. Or put another way, do a time consuming race for free so I can skip a race with a purse.

There was a time where many of us did feel that the MXON was the most important race of the year.

Tweak it a little, to where many US based riders (Roczen & Musquin included) are simply better off to skip it, and it certainly looses something.

If you no longer get the best riders to participate, it's no longer the most important race of the year.

But that isn't a problem for me, but could be for those who still say it is.

I'm all for Make MXON Great Again - make it to where it is so good for all riders than none would dream of skipping it.

And altitude? ET's choice of where to live and train is an advantage in the current SX situation vrs KR and probably some others.

But how much of an advantage is it against CW & ZO? Basically none, right?

The cream does rise to the top. Roczen just isn't in that category in all situations.

I really wonder if any other riders change their base of operations to a higher altitude after this?

philG
6/19/2020 9:48am
The MXoN has always been great, and listen to the Podcasts of those guys from back in the day that skipped it, and they all say how much they regret it.

The guys that skip it, skip it because they cant handle the thought of not winning.. and that has happened a lot of late.

The guys like Ryan Hughes who stepped up and failed, were prepared to race for honour, same as our boys who have had to step up to fill in .. those that use money as the excuse , are just making and excuse.

mxb2
6/19/2020 10:15am
philG wrote:
The MXoN has always been great, and listen to the Podcasts of those guys from back in the day that skipped it, and they all say...
The MXoN has always been great, and listen to the Podcasts of those guys from back in the day that skipped it, and they all say how much they regret it.

The guys that skip it, skip it because they cant handle the thought of not winning.. and that has happened a lot of late.

The guys like Ryan Hughes who stepped up and failed, were prepared to race for honour, same as our boys who have had to step up to fill in .. those that use money as the excuse , are just making and excuse.

Like krocs $$ contract. Raced a 2 stroke and didnt race mxon. Guess has the $$ excuse also. The bad team bs excuse is invalid. Quit living 20 years ago. You wdnt work free 2 months. Some wont either.

Post a reply to: Kenny gave it his best this year.. thanks Kenny!

The Latest