Kind of a dream coming true. Knocking one off the bucket list! Glen Helen...YeeHaww!

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 8:48am
Well....after dreaming of riding Glen Helen over the past 25 years , my dream is finally coming true! So pumped on this right now! Leaving tomorrow afternoon and making the drive down with a couple buddies to race / ride the OTMX round down there next weekend.

Unfortunately I can't take my 250 as I'm not done building it , so I have to take the 125 this time. BUT....I'll also being riding a new KTM 350 that my buddy just picked up for his second bike ( He has a 2018 KTM 450 as well )....and he told me to ride the shit out of it.....so I'll be taking him up on the offer haha.

Only been able to ride twice since July due to a back injury , but feeling better now and just want to ride....really bad! So I don't know if I can even finish any of those 25min long motos , but just riding the track will be good enough for me.

Gawd dang , this is gonna be a blast! And if any of you vital guys are there , please swing by and say hello , have a few beers after or whatever. Would be cool to meet some more of you guys.

|
HenryA
10/2/2017 2:26pm
Hell yeah, make sure to tighten the bolts and let her sing Jeffro!
10/2/2017 2:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....after dreaming of riding Glen Helen over the past 25 years , my dream is finally coming true! So pumped on this right now! Leaving tomorrow...
Well....after dreaming of riding Glen Helen over the past 25 years , my dream is finally coming true! So pumped on this right now! Leaving tomorrow afternoon and making the drive down with a couple buddies to race / ride the OTMX round down there next weekend.

Unfortunately I can't take my 250 as I'm not done building it , so I have to take the 125 this time. BUT....I'll also being riding a new KTM 350 that my buddy just picked up for his second bike ( He has a 2018 KTM 450 as well )....and he told me to ride the shit out of it.....so I'll be taking him up on the offer haha.

Only been able to ride twice since July due to a back injury , but feeling better now and just want to ride....really bad! So I don't know if I can even finish any of those 25min long motos , but just riding the track will be good enough for me.

Gawd dang , this is gonna be a blast! And if any of you vital guys are there , please swing by and say hello , have a few beers after or whatever. Would be cool to meet some more of you guys.

Oh I'm loving the pipe CoolCool
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/2/2017 2:32pm
Some of my fondest memories are from Glen Helen on a 125. Here is my official starting gate tip:

Start from the outside. The 1st turn is so far away and so wide that any benefit you could possibly gain by being "closer" to the inside is lost. You'll just get stacked up when everybody shuts off and goes inside. Instead, start about 5-6 gates to the left of the doghouse, point it straight up the mountain, leave her WFO and swing around the outside where the smooth dirt is. Often times there's a left-hander up Shoei mountain right after that, so you'll be positioned for a good block pass or two.

Good luck!
jeffro503
10/2/2017 2:33pm
HenryA wrote:
Hell yeah, make sure to tighten the bolts and let her sing Jeffro!
Sprocket bolts torqued.....Checked Henry! I'm gonna get waxed on the uphills there on that little 125 haha , but I don't even care. Just finally getting the chance to ride that place , will be an awesome weekend , no matter what happens. That little sucker is gonna get the snot ridden out of it haha.

I may need some Ibuprofen and an oxygen mask after , but it'll be worth every minute of it!

The Shop

jeffro503
10/2/2017 2:43pm
Falcon wrote:
Some of my fondest memories are from Glen Helen on a 125. Here is my official starting gate tip: Start from the outside. The 1st turn...
Some of my fondest memories are from Glen Helen on a 125. Here is my official starting gate tip:

Start from the outside. The 1st turn is so far away and so wide that any benefit you could possibly gain by being "closer" to the inside is lost. You'll just get stacked up when everybody shuts off and goes inside. Instead, start about 5-6 gates to the left of the doghouse, point it straight up the mountain, leave her WFO and swing around the outside where the smooth dirt is. Often times there's a left-hander up Shoei mountain right after that, so you'll be positioned for a good block pass or two.

Good luck!
That's awesome advice Falcon!! And that is almost exactly what I was thinking I may do. I was hoping to line up on the left side some where and let all the guys on the inside bottle up , hug the banners all the way around and see what happens. Think I'll be having to do some blocking maneuvers so as I don't get my face roosted off by a bunch of 450's up those hills haha.
ob
10/2/2017 2:52pm
Good luck Jeffro and have fun. GH is sooooooo fun on race day, Thursday's not so much.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/2/2017 3:01pm
Falcon wrote:
Some of my fondest memories are from Glen Helen on a 125. Here is my official starting gate tip: Start from the outside. The 1st turn...

Good luck!
jeffro503 wrote:
That's awesome advice Falcon!! And that is almost exactly what I was thinking I may do. I was hoping to line up on the left side...
That's awesome advice Falcon!! And that is almost exactly what I was thinking I may do. I was hoping to line up on the left side some where and let all the guys on the inside bottle up , hug the banners all the way around and see what happens. Think I'll be having to do some blocking maneuvers so as I don't get my face roosted off by a bunch of 450's up those hills haha.
Yeah, the hills are tough! Just remember.... the advantages that 450s have on the way up can be neutralized on the way down if you're ballsy enough.
bvm111
10/2/2017 3:01pm
Jeff,

I Have a new rear tire ordered for the 450 and I will be there Friday morning at the latest! I am going to try to drive down Thursday evening but that may not work out so it may be an early morning drive down the 15 for me!

I may even let you ride your old KX if you let me wring the snot out of the 125!

jeffro503
10/2/2017 3:25pm
ob wrote:
Good luck Jeffro and have fun. GH is sooooooo fun on race day, Thursday's not so much.
Thanks OB , was hoping to run into you there! Going to be an experience for sure.

Barron....that's awesome you're coming down! I didn't think you would make it. And he'll yeah...lets swap bikes!! Love to throw a leg back over my old 450!!

Falcon.....I'm thinking the downhills and flat parts of the track is where I could make any passing happen. The uphills are gonna suck , but every where else I'll jjust have to pick my lines wisely.

Like I was saying....I'm not even sure I can finish any of these long motos , but Friday practice and whatever part of the motos I can do , will be worth the trip!!
NeedMoto
10/2/2017 4:04pm
One of the hardest things to do, is to keep from over riding to much on Friday's practice. Happens to me every time I go, but it so freaking fun!!!

I'll look you up if I'm able to make it. 50/50 at this point, freaking workAngry
Spizzy
10/2/2017 4:10pm
A few of us drove there from Chicago, January 1st 2016. It has long been on my list to ride Glen Helen before I pack it in, unfortunately that didnt happen. The week we were there was the rainiest SoCal had ever seen. We were only able to ride in the desert the entire week as everywhere else was closed. We kept hearing from the locals "it never rains here", hope it works out better for you.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/2/2017 4:31pm
Fuck yeah Jeffro! Have fun, you too BVM...
Husky looks awesome by the wayCool
jeffro503
10/2/2017 4:55pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Thanks brother Ezza!! You need to plan a US vacation , come stay with me and go shred on my bikes! You know you would be welcomed any time!

@Needmoto and Spizzy....hopefully you guys can make it out. The more , the better. I'm putting out this notice 1 week in advance , in hopes I'll be able to meet up with some of you. It will be a blast no matter what!
10/2/2017 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 5:05pm
The last time I rode a 125 at Glen Helen, I was giggling uncontrollably like a little kid at the pure enjoyment i was experiencing. Nothing quite like ringing a 125's neck going up Mt Saint Helens.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/2/2017 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 5:39pm
Nice man! Whats your riding plan while you are down here, riding on Wednesday?

Thursday at GH then are you going to ride LACR Friday?
tempura
10/2/2017 5:45pm
Cool, hope you strap a GoPro on and show us all about it!!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/2/2017 6:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks brother Ezza!! You need to plan a US vacation , come stay with me and go shred on my bikes! You know you would be...
Thanks brother Ezza!! You need to plan a US vacation , come stay with me and go shred on my bikes! You know you would be welcomed any time!

@Needmoto and Spizzy....hopefully you guys can make it out. The more , the better. I'm putting out this notice 1 week in advance , in hopes I'll be able to meet up with some of you. It will be a blast no matter what!
Give me 6 good numbers from 1 to 45 and I'll hopefully be there, with bikes for everyone!Laughing
jeffro503
10/2/2017 6:21pm
@Joe....we are heading out tomorrow and should be at the gate Thursday. Were riding Friday practice and then both Saturday and Sunday at GH. I'm hoping we get to hit another track on the way back , but that depends on when my buddies need to be back here.

@Bryan.....I hope I get that same feeling!! I mean we pretty much have to scream the shit out of a 125 to even make it around the track...right? Haha.

@Ezza....you just need to worry about your flight!! Lodging and bikes will be taken care of!!
bvm111
10/2/2017 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 8:23pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
this was all Jeffs Idea and he talked me into it! Tongue

bvm111
10/2/2017 7:27pm
ob wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks OB , was hoping to run into you there! Going to be an experience for sure. Barron....that's awesome you're coming down! I didn't think you...
Thanks OB , was hoping to run into you there! Going to be an experience for sure.

Barron....that's awesome you're coming down! I didn't think you would make it. And he'll yeah...lets swap bikes!! Love to throw a leg back over my old 450!!

Falcon.....I'm thinking the downhills and flat parts of the track is where I could make any passing happen. The uphills are gonna suck , but every where else I'll jjust have to pick my lines wisely.

Like I was saying....I'm not even sure I can finish any of these long motos , but Friday practice and whatever part of the motos I can do , will be worth the trip!!
Jeff I was looking on the GH website... not sure if I can ride practice Friday unless I'm racing which I won't be able to do this time. If I can ride practice Friday I will for sure be on the road at 4am Friday to meet up with you to ride!
jeffro503
10/2/2017 7:34pm
ob wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks OB , was hoping to run into you there! Going to be an experience for sure. Barron....that's awesome you're coming down! I didn't think you...

bvm111 wrote:
Jeff I was looking on the GH website... not sure if I can ride practice Friday unless I'm racing which I won't be able to do...
Jeff I was looking on the GH website... not sure if I can ride practice Friday unless I'm racing which I won't be able to do this time. If I can ride practice Friday I will for sure be on the road at 4am Friday to meet up with you to ride!
Yeah I think Friday practice is only for guys signed up to race the weekend. It would be a little spendy to only do the practice , but you could sign up and just not race , if you wanted to. You mentioned you hadn't ever ridden the track before , so it might be worth it. For me , even if I only get the Friday practice in , I'd be ok with it. BUT....the track will be groomed to perfection for the weekend , so I'm definitely riding as much as I can on Saturday. Sunday I may be beat to shit , but I'll ride until my body gives out.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/2/2017 8:58pm
Awesome man! Have fun down here, enjoy the big hills. Let us know how it goes!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/2/2017 10:15pm
bvm111 wrote:

Laughing Yeah, I bet your arm is sore from all the twisting he had to do...Laughing
jeffro503
10/2/2017 10:45pm
bvm111 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:
Laughing Yeah, I bet your arm is sore from all the twisting he had to do...Laughing
God damn Barron being all wishy washy.....I'm in , I'm out , I'm in , I'm out......Haha! I'm going there to just hammer down and have the best time I can , all while trying to get out of there in one piece. Weather I win , stay mid pack or take dead last....I really don't give a shit haha. I just really want to ride that damn track!

And I thought I had everything in order until Tempura reminded me above....I have no helmet cam! Shit! I'll see if I can borrow one or something. I've been meaning to get one , but keep forgetting.
bvm111
10/2/2017 11:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2017 11:53am
bvm111 wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
God damn Barron being all wishy washy.....I'm in , I'm out , I'm in , I'm out......Haha! I'm going there to just hammer down and have...
God damn Barron being all wishy washy.....I'm in , I'm out , I'm in , I'm out......Haha! I'm going there to just hammer down and have the best time I can , all while trying to get out of there in one piece. Weather I win , stay mid pack or take dead last....I really don't give a shit haha. I just really want to ride that damn track!

And I thought I had everything in order until Tempura reminded me above....I have no helmet cam! Shit! I'll see if I can borrow one or something. I've been meaning to get one , but keep forgetting.
It's my version of doing the hokie pokie!

I Just texted you direct... Friday is normal open practice from 9-1.... so I'm in for sure!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/2/2017 11:15pm
Well one of you two better get some snaps and or footage!
Stay safe and have shitloads of fun!
rongi#401
10/3/2017 2:06am
Santa Claus isnt real.
Jk glen helen is a great track
SrfNdirt
10/3/2017 6:39am
Sounds like a great trip. Ride safe and have a blast!

Post a reply to: Kind of a dream coming true. Knocking one off the bucket list! Glen Helen...YeeHaww!

The Latest