Ktm demo day

Racer142
There is a demo day at Thunder Valley tomorrow and I was thinking of going. Anybody been to one? I can't imagine it being too busy being a Friday but I'm curious how much riding I get to do on each bike. No open riding though which sucks. I'd like to bring my 15 300 and ride back to back against the 2020(they are going to have an offroad loop for the xc models) and my 18 yzf450 against the sxf. Basically if I can only do a lap or two per bike I'd rather just go ride my bikes somewhere else.
|
yz133rider
8/22/2019 5:42pm
2 laps isnt enough time for me to even get comfortable let alone push a bike at all.
Wouldn't be worth it to me if there's no open riding also going on.
donman
8/22/2019 6:15pm
Racer142 wrote:
There is a demo day at Thunder Valley tomorrow and I was thinking of going. Anybody been to one? I can't imagine it being too busy...
There is a demo day at Thunder Valley tomorrow and I was thinking of going. Anybody been to one? I can't imagine it being too busy being a Friday but I'm curious how much riding I get to do on each bike. No open riding though which sucks. I'd like to bring my 15 300 and ride back to back against the 2020(they are going to have an offroad loop for the xc models) and my 18 yzf450 against the sxf. Basically if I can only do a lap or two per bike I'd rather just go ride my bikes somewhere else.
I went to the one at Thunder Valley a few years back. I thought it was pretty good. Yes, you only get 2 laps per model (they punch your KTM lanyard for tally) but we really didn't stand around too long to ride the next model. I liked it enough that I will indeed be there tomorrow as well... so, Racer142, come introduce yourself to the shortest dude you see there!
8/22/2019 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 6:19pm
I’ve done them. They’re awesome. Squeeze another lap out there. There’s no lap police....hint hint. Besides those extra squeezes on laps steered me in the direction to invest in 2 Austrian units. And my brother a husky Rockstar edition. So.....I got plenty of seat time at the demo day to know ktm is where it’s at !
Vonripper450
8/22/2019 6:23pm
Can you just show up or do you need a pass from a dealer?

The Shop

Racer142
8/22/2019 7:31pm
The ad says ticket from a dealer. I need a to see of they have the needle I need for my 300 anyways so that shouldn't be a problem. 14 laps doesn't sound worth it to me though. If they allowed open riding with it then I would be fine and just bring my 450. Honestly I wanna ride the 125/150 the most but two laps isn't enough to get comfortable to really test anything. I guess we will see.
8/23/2019 4:27am
Racer142 wrote:
The ad says ticket from a dealer. I need a to see of they have the needle I need for my 300 anyways so that shouldn't...
The ad says ticket from a dealer. I need a to see of they have the needle I need for my 300 anyways so that shouldn't be a problem. 14 laps doesn't sound worth it to me though. If they allowed open riding with it then I would be fine and just bring my 450. Honestly I wanna ride the 125/150 the most but two laps isn't enough to get comfortable to really test anything. I guess we will see.
2 laps better than none. Take your bike. Ride a few practices to learn the track. Then start the demos. Ride the bikes you aren’t interested in first. Or watch to see what bikes aren’t in demand so you can stretch a few more laps out on them.

This program is really awesome and I don’t see why people complain you only gettin 2 laps. It’s better than none. And If you yard sale the 150 (ask me how I know) and bend the bars.....they fix everything and still let
You ride until all your punches are gone.

And you get to ride 1 bike twice. There’s that. Ride whatever your interested in back to back....
Johnny Depp
8/23/2019 6:33am
You will learn a lot about the differences even if you never get up to your comfortable race pace. Riding the bikes you don't think you'll be interested helps you get familiar with the track conditions, and I was surprised how easy a 250f was to ride even though I'd likely never buy one. A must attend event if they come near you. Yamaha and Beta also have a demo tour, and Yamaha does the SXS's although typically at different venues.
pancake
8/23/2019 7:17am
Yep, Thunder Valley's post on fartbook explicitly states no open riding..
8/23/2019 8:26am
Ive been to 2 ktm demo days. Glen Helen and Elsinore. The Elsinore ride day had one track closed for the demo and 3 others to practice on.
The Glen Helen ride day was only open to the demo day, no open practice.
I got to demo the 16’ and 17’. I ended up buying a 17’ crf450. But that ktm 150 2 stroke was my favorite bike.
I know Yamaha will demo bikes, i wish Honda and Kawasaki did the same. It really does justify spending $10k on a dirtbike when you can ride a few different brands before you buy. Every person in line genuinely seemed interested in buying a new motorcycle.
I will say, sadly a rider passed away at the Lake Elsinore ride day. It was said he had a heart attack right before one of the jumps.
Yet KTM is still doing the demo days.
So what is preventing the rest of the gang from doing the same ?
donman
8/23/2019 8:35am
I just spoke with the gate attendant, there will be open riding available on your own bike after the KTM demo is complete!

Post a reply to: Ktm demo day

The Latest