Lake Elsinore GP

calbr
Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 5:56pm
Hey guys-

I am driving out from AZ to do the Elsinore GP and have a couple questions that I can't find the answer to on the website. I was hoping some insiders might be able to help me out. I was wondering:

1). Can I get into the venue Thursday night and camp and is there ample space and is there a charge.
2). If the above is possible, what are the gate hours.
3). I see signups start at 6:00 AM Friday, but would like to know how late they are open. Although I hope to be camping at the venue Thursday evening I will be leaving Friday morning to go ride Milestione and would like to know what time I need to be back to get registered for Saturdays race. That's always a cluster in the AM.
4) Since the Mushman race is 100 miles or 3 hours could you tell me if it's a technical track or a somewhat open track where you can let your forearms and body get in a few shots of rest.

Thanks,
Jason H

|
cmotodad
11/6/2017 10:22pm
It's been a few years since I have ridden the GP. It runs some single track, fire roads, moto track and at times,bits of pavement. Not a lot of wide open straights but there are few places to sit and breathe a little. I have seen people camping along different sections of the track that don't look to be gates. Not completely sure though. Have fun, good luck.
snackfedbear
11/6/2017 10:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2017 10:25pm
Not sure about to GP, but if I were coming all the way from AZ and riding a track on Friday I'd hit up Pala instead of milestone. Just my $.02
captmoto
11/6/2017 10:37pm
Not sure about to GP, but if I were coming all the way from AZ and riding a track on Friday I'd hit up Pala instead...
Not sure about to GP, but if I were coming all the way from AZ and riding a track on Friday I'd hit up Pala instead of milestone. Just my $.02
Yeah, about a half hour to Pala, right? Traffic sucks on Fridays though. I rode Pala a couple weeks ago and took almost 2.5 hours to get home to Rancho Kookamunga.
calbr
11/6/2017 10:46pm
captmoto wrote:
Yeah, about a half hour to Pala, right? Traffic sucks on Fridays though. I rode Pala a couple weeks ago and took almost 2.5 hours to...
Yeah, about a half hour to Pala, right? Traffic sucks on Fridays though. I rode Pala a couple weeks ago and took almost 2.5 hours to get home to Rancho Kookamunga.
Hmm..I rode Pala on Labor Day and love it, but just wanted to switch it up. I rode Milestone about a year and a half ago and loved the vet track. However, I don't like getting stuck in traffic. It looks like it was a draw on mileage. I don't want to distract from the questions I'm trying to get answered, but what about Perris?

The Shop

calbr
11/6/2017 10:48pm
cmotodad wrote:
It's been a few years since I have ridden the GP. It runs some single track, fire roads, moto track and at times,bits of pavement. Not...
It's been a few years since I have ridden the GP. It runs some single track, fire roads, moto track and at times,bits of pavement. Not a lot of wide open straights but there are few places to sit and breathe a little. I have seen people camping along different sections of the track that don't look to be gates. Not completely sure though. Have fun, good luck.
Thanks for the input. Sounds like a free-for-all type race. I'm used to Worcs and Big 6 with a little regulation.
11/7/2017 11:32am
calbr wrote:
Hey guys- I am driving out from AZ to do the Elsinore GP and have a couple questions that I can't find the answer to on...
Hey guys-

I am driving out from AZ to do the Elsinore GP and have a couple questions that I can't find the answer to on the website. I was hoping some insiders might be able to help me out. I was wondering:

1). Can I get into the venue Thursday night and camp and is there ample space and is there a charge.
3). I see signups start at 6:00 AM Friday, but would like to know how late they are open. Although I hope to be camping at the venue Thursday evening I will be leaving Friday morning to go ride Milestione and would like to know what time I need to be back to get registered for Saturdays race. That's always a cluster in the AM.
4) Since the Mushman race is 100 miles or 3 hours could you tell me if it's a technical track or a somewhat open track where you can let your forearms and body get in a few shots of rest.

Thanks,
Jason H

Jason,
The 909 number listed on the website/dirt series site is a direct line to the promoters, but email will likely get responded to faster with event set up going on.

Looking at our Vendor pack...
1) I believe there is 3 day camping passes available, see this post about scheduling. Still spots open according to Steve : https://www.facebook.com/ElsinoreGrandPrix/photos/a.1813653642236675.10…

2. Tentative Schedule I have for Zone 2, which is the hub:
Day 1 (Friday): Registration 6AM (Booth set up is at 8). Zone 2 officially open from 12PM to 7PM.
Day 2 (Saturday) 7:30AM Practice (They expect Zone 2 booths to be open 8AM) Booths close at 3PM
Day 3: (Sunday) 7:30AM Practice (They expect Zone 2 booths to be open 8AM) Booths close at 2PM, tear down at 3)

3. TRACK SIDE REGISTRATION OPENS: http://dirtseriesracing.com/contact--accommodations.html
FRIDAY, November 10th from 6AM-7PM (They are going to accommodate for everyone, 7Pm is a soft time)
SATURDAY, November 11th from 6AM-7PM (They are going to accommodate for everyone, 7Pm is a soft time)
SUNDAY, November 12th from 6AM-12PM

4. Its hard to say, as the track is different this year. Different promoter, and obviously "Back on the streets" rather than just out at the motocross park. The Lakeside section (and run towards the hill, from the lake) could offer some time to breathe, depending on how "Motocross" they make the section. Check out video/images of the 2014 layout to get a decent idea.

Be sure to stop by our booth!
Jason_Ashton
Fantasy
4022nd
11/7/2017 11:40am
This years should be quite a bit different from recent years. The city is behind the event, It is back in the streets! Doesnt use any of the motocross track.

Looking forward to it, 49th annual. Should be sweet!

snackfedbear
11/7/2017 11:54am
calbr wrote:
Hmm..I rode Pala on Labor Day and love it, but just wanted to switch it up. I rode Milestone about a year and a half ago...
Hmm..I rode Pala on Labor Day and love it, but just wanted to switch it up. I rode Milestone about a year and a half ago and loved the vet track. However, I don't like getting stuck in traffic. It looks like it was a draw on mileage. I don't want to distract from the questions I'm trying to get answered, but what about Perris?

Perris is better than milestone in my opinion. Haven't been there in a year or so though so I can't really be the judge.
MBR
11/7/2017 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 12:57pm
Pretty cool that fellow board members will be racing there! I'm going to try to race 100 mile race with this barn find 1974 Husqvarna 400CR, so wish me luck! Riding the 2018 shootout last week gives me pretty good base to compare the Husqvarnas with close to 50 years age difference Wink

j100
11/7/2017 1:25pm
calbr wrote:
Hey guys- I am driving out from AZ to do the Elsinore GP and have a couple questions that I can't find the answer to on...
Hey guys-

Thanks,
Jason H

we will be out there. it should be a blast.

you can pull in on Thursday after 3pm.
calbr
11/7/2017 5:51pm
MBR wrote:
Pretty cool that fellow board members will be racing there! I'm going to try to race 100 mile race with this barn find 1974 Husqvarna 400CR...
Pretty cool that fellow board members will be racing there! I'm going to try to race 100 mile race with this barn find 1974 Husqvarna 400CR, so wish me luck! Riding the 2018 shootout last week gives me pretty good base to compare the Husqvarnas with close to 50 years age difference Wink

Whew..100 miles on that ol girl is going to be a challenge. Kudos to you!
calbr
11/7/2017 5:53pm
calbr wrote:
Hey guys-

Thanks,
Jason H

Jason, The 909 number listed on the website/dirt series site is a direct line to the promoters, but email will likely get responded to faster with...
Jason,
The 909 number listed on the website/dirt series site is a direct line to the promoters, but email will likely get responded to faster with event set up going on.

Looking at our Vendor pack...
1) I believe there is 3 day camping passes available, see this post about scheduling. Still spots open according to Steve : https://www.facebook.com/ElsinoreGrandPrix/photos/a.1813653642236675.10…

2. Tentative Schedule I have for Zone 2, which is the hub:
Day 1 (Friday): Registration 6AM (Booth set up is at 8). Zone 2 officially open from 12PM to 7PM.
Day 2 (Saturday) 7:30AM Practice (They expect Zone 2 booths to be open 8AM) Booths close at 3PM
Day 3: (Sunday) 7:30AM Practice (They expect Zone 2 booths to be open 8AM) Booths close at 2PM, tear down at 3)

3. TRACK SIDE REGISTRATION OPENS: http://dirtseriesracing.com/contact--accommodations.html
FRIDAY, November 10th from 6AM-7PM (They are going to accommodate for everyone, 7Pm is a soft time)
SATURDAY, November 11th from 6AM-7PM (They are going to accommodate for everyone, 7Pm is a soft time)
SUNDAY, November 12th from 6AM-12PM

4. Its hard to say, as the track is different this year. Different promoter, and obviously "Back on the streets" rather than just out at the motocross park. The Lakeside section (and run towards the hill, from the lake) could offer some time to breathe, depending on how "Motocross" they make the section. Check out video/images of the 2014 layout to get a decent idea.

Be sure to stop by our booth!
Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to stop by.
sdjeff
11/7/2017 5:56pm
I did the race a couple times back in the early 2000’s when it still went across the bridge over the 15. It was by far the most fun race I’ve done so highly recommended for anyone on the fenc, especially because it’s back in the streets this year. I was planning on racing it but broke my tib/fib 5 weeks ago.

Post a reply to: Lake Elsinore GP

The Latest