Lap King App

dh893
1/23/2019 6:14am
Does anyone know if LapKing is available for Android or know if it will be available soon? The website says the GPS can connect with Android phones but I'm having a hard time finding the actual Lapking app.
|
Spooner
1/23/2019 6:46am
I think Jeff Crutcher is tight with those guys. I’m sure he will be able to find out if he doesn’t know.
Cokeham23
1/23/2019 7:22am
I messaged this to one of the developers of it. he’ll probably be along to answer you.
Hudd_421
1/23/2019 7:41am
Vince, the founder, is good people. I'm sure if it's not available yet, it will be soon. Surprised it hasn't taken off like LitPro or some of the other time keeping products. They've done alot of local promotion, but I'd like to see them do more content on youtube and sharing on forums like here! Crutcher will probably know as well.
1/23/2019 11:19am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2019 12:08pm
dh893 wrote:
Does anyone know if LapKing is available for Android or know if it will be available soon? The website says the GPS can connect with Android...
Does anyone know if LapKing is available for Android or know if it will be available soon? The website says the GPS can connect with Android phones but I'm having a hard time finding the actual Lapking app.
Hey guys this is JC, one of the co-founders of LapKing. The nerd behind the scenes.

We are currently only available on ios devices (iphones, etc).

Vince and I are working diligently to get an Android version built but do not have a set release date yet. It should be this year though.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And huge thanks to those that have supported us as we push to continue to grow. Beyond pumped to get to see riders have a blast proving whose friends are faster. Keep the smack talk going on the leaderboards!

The Shop

kNewc
1/23/2019 11:48am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2019 11:49am
dh893 wrote:
Does anyone know if LapKing is available for Android or know if it will be available soon? The website says the GPS can connect with Android...
Just get the GPS and download another app that supports it. TrackAddict and other GPS enabled apps will work with the same receiver that LapKing/Crossbox uses (the XGPS160). You could also use a cheap GPS sports watch that exports gpx files (most of them do). The XGPS160 and sport watches all use the same 10hz so they are all the same accuracy. So if you've been wanting a watch with heart-rate monitoring just make sure it has GPS and then not only could you use it every day as a "smart watch" but you can use it on the track too. That's what I do.. I use a Xiaomi Amazfit Bip and MXBuddy (but I have an iPhone). This is the cheapest way but you have to manually export/import the GPS files and that may confuse normal users.

Post a reply to: Lap King App

The Latest