Las Vegas SX recommendations

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
Hi there!! I am planning to go to Las Vegas SX finale on May 5.

I'm looking at the seats and I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendantion on good seatings, looking at the UNLVtickets map Does anyone know where the monster alley is, if I´m not mistaken it would be around the 124-132 sections? If anyone has more info or whatever it would be truly apreciated!

Thanks in advance
|
hamncheeze
2/8/2018 9:28am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 5:28pm
I've been down 3x for the finals in the past 6 years. I think we've been in sections 108-109 every time. Track layout is a a bit different this year, they are not coming all the way down Monster Alley like they have in the past. When they come into the stadium they are going left back across the starting line. If I was going this year I'd definitely try to be on the 108-110 side, you can get the first turn and the whoops. And try to get seats in higher up in the lower section or low in the upper section.

And, if there are any clouds in the sky bring some form of rain cape. I was there for the 2016 washout, my buddy and I actually bailed to a shopping mall nearby after practice was rained out and we bought some clear rain capes at a Bass store. We should have bought every one they had, as we could have sold them for a tidy profit when it started raining again right after opening ceremonies. And last year, as we were waiting to leave the parking lot in the rent a car, it started dumping rain. Desert rain storms are fast moving and dump a lot of rain!

Finally, I recommend getting a rent a car for at least the day of the race. First time we went we took a cab over from the strip and then took the shuttles back, but we waited forever for those shuttles and then had to walk back from Hard Rock to the strip. Last 2 times we have had a rental for just the single day, much better.j

I sincerely hope you get the drama of 2017. I cannot explain how crazy it was being there last year with the Zacho pass on Joey and the Tomac bunch-up. I still remember with 5 min to go saying to everyone in our section that Zach had a chance as Joey was puckering up. The roar in the stadium when he made that pass, it still makes my hair stand up!

bball35
2/8/2018 9:30am
I recommend 130-128. That is the side that the suite tower is on and during the afternoon provides plenty of shade if you are planning on spending the day watching practices.
hamncheeze
2/8/2018 9:37am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2018 9:37am
bball35 wrote:
I recommend 130-128. That is the side that the suite tower is on and during the afternoon provides plenty of shade if you are planning on...
I recommend 130-128. That is the side that the suite tower is on and during the afternoon provides plenty of shade if you are planning on spending the day watching practices.
But you can move around to pretty much anywhere during the day show. No seating assignments are enforced.
bball35
2/8/2018 9:58am
bball35 wrote:
I recommend 130-128. That is the side that the suite tower is on and during the afternoon provides plenty of shade if you are planning on...
hamncheeze wrote:
But you can move around to pretty much anywhere during the day show. No seating assignments are enforced.
True

The Shop

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
2/8/2018 4:41pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I've been down 3x for the finals in the past 6 years. I think we've been in sections 108-109 every time. Track layout is a a...
I've been down 3x for the finals in the past 6 years. I think we've been in sections 108-109 every time. Track layout is a a bit different this year, they are not coming all the way down Monster Alley like they have in the past. When they come into the stadium they are going left back across the starting line. If I was going this year I'd definitely try to be on the 108-110 side, you can get the first turn and the whoops. And try to get seats in higher up in the lower section or low in the upper section.

And, if there are any clouds in the sky bring some form of rain cape. I was there for the 2016 washout, my buddy and I actually bailed to a shopping mall nearby after practice was rained out and we bought some clear rain capes at a Bass store. We should have bought every one they had, as we could have sold them for a tidy profit when it started raining again right after opening ceremonies. And last year, as we were waiting to leave the parking lot in the rent a car, it started dumping rain. Desert rain storms are fast moving and dump a lot of rain!

Finally, I recommend getting a rent a car for at least the day of the race. First time we went we took a cab over from the strip and then took the shuttles back, but we waited forever for those shuttles and then had to walk back from Hard Rock to the strip. Last 2 times we have had a rental for just the single day, much better.j

I sincerely hope you get the drama of 2017. I cannot explain how crazy it was being there last year with the Zacho pass on Joey and the Tomac bunch-up. I still remember with 5 min to go saying to everyone in our section that Zach had a chance as Joey was puckering up. The roar in the stadium when he made that pass, it still makes my hair stand up!

Hi Hamncheeze! Great advice right there! truly apreciated it! defintely renting a car on race day, and yeah hopefuly it gets as good as it was 2017, I was watching it on my phone and was screaming like crazy and just had a baby, my wife was pissed!!! haha

Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
2/8/2018 4:43pm
bball35 wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
bball35 wrote:
True
Thanks to both of you! I'm getting my tickets tomorrow or some day next week and your advice really helped
tobz
2/8/2018 4:43pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I've been down 3x for the finals in the past 6 years. I think we've been in sections 108-109 every time. Track layout is a a...

Pakoyz250f wrote:
Hi Hamncheeze! Great advice right there! truly apreciated it! defintely renting a car on race day, and yeah hopefuly it gets as good as it was...
Hi Hamncheeze! Great advice right there! truly apreciated it! defintely renting a car on race day, and yeah hopefuly it gets as good as it was 2017, I was watching it on my phone and was screaming like crazy and just had a baby, my wife was pissed!!! haha

Just get a uber or lyft dude.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
4/7/2018 10:03am
Hi there, just a question.. I'm buying my tickets but to buy the pit party pass it asks for a USA or Canada Adress and I don't have one. I remember that u can get in for just a Monster Can? or can I buy them where I'm there?

Post a reply to: Las Vegas SX recommendations

The Latest