Living with '17 KX250F

Martini637
So i plan on picking up a a 17 kx250f this coming Friday. I bought a 13 kx450f used and its just not my cup of tea, i feel like i bit off more than i could chew, not to mention im not a fan of the air forks. But i was curious how people have had them for a while like them? If there was any issues or red flags i should look into. The reviews for it look awesome i watch Michael Lindsay's first impression video and i was really impressed. All my past bike before the kawi were a 2 KTM 250Fs ('09 and "12) and a 2014 350F. There dealer also said the could do a cheaper deal with a 17 RMZ250F, so theres always that option to go. Im not looking to make LL or win my class just looking for a fun bike basically. Thanks for all the help!
|
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:06am
Martini637 wrote:
So i plan on picking up a a 17 kx250f this coming Friday. I bought a 13 kx450f used and its just not my cup of...
So i plan on picking up a a 17 kx250f this coming Friday. I bought a 13 kx450f used and its just not my cup of tea, i feel like i bit off more than i could chew, not to mention im not a fan of the air forks. But i was curious how people have had them for a while like them? If there was any issues or red flags i should look into. The reviews for it look awesome i watch Michael Lindsay's first impression video and i was really impressed. All my past bike before the kawi were a 2 KTM 250Fs ('09 and "12) and a 2014 350F. There dealer also said the could do a cheaper deal with a 17 RMZ250F, so theres always that option to go. Im not looking to make LL or win my class just looking for a fun bike basically. Thanks for all the help!
Both the rmz and kxf 250f s are great bikes. I'm stock , no comparison kawy all day long. Rmz needs a pipe suspension and remap to be close to the kawy. Unless your getting rmz $1800 cheaper.
yz133rider
7/1/2017 8:09am
I'd get the rmz , get an exhaust and suspension done. Handling and chassis is everything to me. Rmz has it kawis are dump trucks. I had a 15 kx 450f also couldn't adjust to it.
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:13am
yz133rider wrote:
I'd get the rmz , get an exhaust and suspension done. Handling and chassis is everything to me. Rmz has it kawis are dump trucks. I...
I'd get the rmz , get an exhaust and suspension done. Handling and chassis is everything to me. Rmz has it kawis are dump trucks. I had a 15 kx 450f also couldn't adjust to it.
250 s handle pretty similar. ,. Rmz is a great bike with a few mods.
Martini637
7/1/2017 8:20am
The only thing that makes me nervous about the rmz is the airforks. i know they are different than the KX450f air forks, but ive heard with a good tune on them they can be awesome. On the flipside ive also heard the kawis forks are pretty stellar

The Shop

mxb2
7/1/2017 8:22am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 8:25am
Martini637 wrote:
The only thing that makes me nervous about the rmz is the airforks. i know they are different than the KX450f air forks, but ive heard...
The only thing that makes me nervous about the rmz is the airforks. i know they are different than the KX450f air forks, but ive heard with a good tune on them they can be awesome. On the flipside ive also heard the kawis forks are pretty stellar
, my bad, factory connection has great set ups for those bikes.
Martini637
7/1/2017 8:25am
Martini637 wrote:
The only thing that makes me nervous about the rmz is the airforks. i know they are different than the KX450f air forks, but ive heard...
mxb2 wrote:
yeah 2017 rmz 250 has the PSF-2 forks
7/1/2017 8:25am
I've ridden a 17 Kx250f and it handled quite well. Very smooth power which was pretty close to my ported, piped 14 RMZ250. I had the suspension on my RMZ revalved and sprung, and the Kx was stock. It felt very harsh in the braking bumps compared to my revalved stuff. Handling wise they're both pretty similar I felt. The RMZ felt lighter, and obviously could take the inside line with ease compared to the Kx, but don't get me wrong it wasn't far off. Reliability wise the RMZ engines are bulletproof. A few of my riding friend have got hundreds of hours on their Rmz's before opening the engine with no troubles. I've since sold my Suzuki and moved over to a 16 Husky, loving every minute of it.

Pick your favourite colour, get the suspension done for your weight, throw on your favourite bars and a pipe and you'll have a wicked bike.
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:28am
I've ridden a 17 Kx250f and it handled quite well. Very smooth power which was pretty close to my ported, piped 14 RMZ250. I had the...
I've ridden a 17 Kx250f and it handled quite well. Very smooth power which was pretty close to my ported, piped 14 RMZ250. I had the suspension on my RMZ revalved and sprung, and the Kx was stock. It felt very harsh in the braking bumps compared to my revalved stuff. Handling wise they're both pretty similar I felt. The RMZ felt lighter, and obviously could take the inside line with ease compared to the Kx, but don't get me wrong it wasn't far off. Reliability wise the RMZ engines are bulletproof. A few of my riding friend have got hundreds of hours on their Rmz's before opening the engine with no troubles. I've since sold my Suzuki and moved over to a 16 Husky, loving every minute of it.

Pick your favourite colour, get the suspension done for your weight, throw on your favourite bars and a pipe and you'll have a wicked bike.
Boom,. Suspension,bars,. Pipe, good fuel, fresh tires.
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:29am
Martini637 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Martini637 wrote:
yeah 2017 rmz 250 has the PSF-2 forks
Yea, my bad had to edit my post. Bikes need revalve, maybe spring depending on your weight.
Martini637
7/1/2017 8:31am
I've ridden a 17 Kx250f and it handled quite well. Very smooth power which was pretty close to my ported, piped 14 RMZ250. I had the...

Awesome info! Did you end up doing anything with your rmz clutch? i.e. stiffer springs or clutch basket? ive just seen on reviews from mxa that the clutch is pretty weak and that would be on of the first thing to get done on the rmz
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:33am

Martini637 wrote:
Awesome info! Did you end up doing anything with your rmz clutch? i.e. stiffer springs or clutch basket? ive just seen on reviews from mxa that...
Awesome info! Did you end up doing anything with your rmz clutch? i.e. stiffer springs or clutch basket? ive just seen on reviews from mxa that the clutch is pretty weak and that would be on of the first thing to get done on the rmz
Ride it for a bit, then put in some stiffer clutch springs. Wear out the. Stock stuff first.
Martini637
7/1/2017 8:35am

Martini637 wrote:
Awesome info! Did you end up doing anything with your rmz clutch? i.e. stiffer springs or clutch basket? ive just seen on reviews from mxa that...
mxb2 wrote:
Ride it for a bit, then put in some stiffer clutch springs. Wear out the. Stock stuff first.
Good deal. Yeah i saw your edit man no worries ive never been through FC. i would mainly go to a local shop for my ktm stuff but ill have to look into that
mxb2
7/1/2017 8:42am
Martini637 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Martini637 wrote:
Good deal. Yeah i saw your edit man no worries ive never been through FC. i would mainly go to a local shop for my ktm...
Good deal. Yeah i saw your edit man no worries ive never been through FC. i would mainly go to a local shop for my ktm stuff but ill have to look into that
I have a hookup thru fc, if you need one.
Martini637
7/1/2017 11:41am
mxb2 wrote:
Martini637 wrote:
Good deal. Yeah i saw your edit man no worries ive never been through FC. i would mainly go to a local shop for my ktm...
mxb2 wrote:
ill keep you in mind. thanks for the help
mxb2
7/1/2017 12:10pm
Martini637 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Martini637 wrote:
ill keep you in mind. thanks for the help
Np man.

Post a reply to: Living with '17 KX250F

The Latest