Loretta's cell phone service

With plans to go to Loretta's this year, I hear Cell service is bad. I was thinking of getting a booster and putting it's receiver on a tall poll. Does anyone know if that would help get service to my pit area?
|
mxmat813
2/24/2018 1:45pm
Not sure who your provider is but AT&T works in many spots at the ranch.
plowboy
2/24/2018 2:17pm
With plans to go to Loretta's this year, I hear Cell service is bad. I was thinking of getting a booster and putting it's receiver on...
With plans to go to Loretta's this year, I hear Cell service is bad. I was thinking of getting a booster and putting it's receiver on a tall poll. Does anyone know if that would help get service to my pit area?
Man am I old. I just don't see cell service as a concern on my list of things to consider at anytime much less at a race.
2/24/2018 3:15pm
With plans to go to Loretta's this year, I hear Cell service is bad. I was thinking of getting a booster and putting it's receiver on...
plowboy wrote:
Man am I old. I just don't see cell service as a concern on my list of things to consider at anytime much less at a...
Man am I old. I just don't see cell service as a concern on my list of things to consider at anytime much less at a race.
Lol, I use cell service for work and internet.
plowboy
2/24/2018 3:21pm
Lol....I said I was old. I use my phone all day every day for work. If I took off work for Lorettas.....it would be OFF. If it can't be off....then stay at work.

The Shop

Shannon ward
2/24/2018 3:56pm
Dude not being a dick but plain and simple if you are at Loretta’s the last thing you should be worried about it cell service lol the ones who mean the most will more thank likely be there with ya anyways.?
Johnny Depp
2/24/2018 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2018 4:06pm
Isn't being able to see live timing and race order important? Do they have Wi-Fi? With 99 classes it might be good to know when you are supposed to be racing?
2/24/2018 4:05pm
I've never been but they actually mentioned something about this on DMXS podcast this week.... said there's one hill in particular somewhere on the property that everyone goes to for cell service.
teggers
2/24/2018 4:13pm
In the old days, you go to the split in the road and sit on the fence with your left arm straight out and your right leg bent at 45° angle. Seriously. Even then, you would drop the call and have to redial.

I would hope it’s gotten better in 10 years.
krocbike
2/24/2018 4:16pm
I was down there last fall for the trail ride. I have AT&T service we camped on the hill when you first come in and had good service. I streamed the Red Bull Straight rhythm while camping. Down around the track I never checked my phone.
Johnny Depp
2/24/2018 4:22pm
Pretty sure with most Unlimited plans you could roam for free off of ATT at no charge.
90smoto
2/24/2018 7:06pm
I've never been but they actually mentioned something about this on DMXS podcast this week.... said there's one hill in particular somewhere on the property that...
I've never been but they actually mentioned something about this on DMXS podcast this week.... said there's one hill in particular somewhere on the property that everyone goes to for cell service.
Theres a hill above the swimming pool. That’s the one spot you can always get solid service.
aeffertz
2/24/2018 7:09pm
If you get a booster you plug your phone into, you'll be fine at your site.
Braaaphole
2/24/2018 7:50pm
I have AT&T and there is pretty much no service there unless you go up the hill. Haven't tried the booster route.
71Fish
2/24/2018 8:18pm
plowboy wrote:
Man am I old. I just don't see cell service as a concern on my list of things to consider at anytime much less at a...
That's what I was thinking. Could be an age thing (I'm 46) but who gives a shyt about cell service when there is racing going on?
Big Daddy
2/24/2018 8:19pm
The promoters should contact the carriers and have them bring out a "cellular on wheels" or COW.
They did that a few years back, having Verizon place a mobile cell tower on the property. It was awesome, because yes, cell service is very limited on the property with very few areas allowing for strong signals. They may have done that for a couple of years, but there hasn't been good cell service there since the portable tower maybe 5-6 years ago. However, I have an industry buddy who purchased a signal booster for this past year, and he was able to keep a strong signal and every day had a line of other industry people needing to make calls, etc. So yes, boosters work there. Also, he was located at the bottom area, OEM pit and vendor area.
Big Daddy
2/24/2018 8:20pm
aeffertz wrote:
If you get a booster you plug your phone into, you'll be fine at your site.
Yep. See above.

Post a reply to: Loretta's cell phone service

The Latest