Loretta's qualifying question

Braaaphole
Just curious. I saw the pictures from Jett Reynolds surgery and it was a pretty nasty break. It's highly unlikely he's able to race the regionals. Being that he's a defending champion, can he get a waiver and still get to race at the ranch, or is he screwed for this year?
|
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
5/8/2018 4:46pm
He's already qualified for Areas, would have to get healthy by regionals. There are no gimme's for LL's, you either get in or you don't.

I'm guessing he won't go this year, shame.. he's the guy.
Helder
5/8/2018 4:48pm
What's the story about mums and stuff Whistling where there is a will there is a way
Braaaphole
5/8/2018 5:06pm
Helder wrote:
What's the story about mums and stuff Whistling where there is a will there is a way
My thoughts exactly. There have been numerous stories over the years of kids making it who didn't race regionals.
On top of that, he's the poster child for Team Green. They have a lot of pull and I'm sure the powers that be are already working on it.
If I'm not mistaken, this year was supposed to be his attempt to tie the record for the most Loretta's championships.
I'll be very surprised if he isn't there racing because of this injury.
Honestly, you'd think a defending champion should be able to plead their case to get a pass on regionals because of a legitimate injury.
mx5471
5/8/2018 5:59pm
If that is true, it sucks, and isn't fair. Injuries are part of the sport. If he's the top dog at Team Green, he's getting what he wants anyway. One more LL championship won't make a difference. If a top pro crashed in qualifiers, and can't make the LCQ, they don't send him to the main. He should run the Regional Qualifier, and if he can't, too bad. If they give him a Loretta ticket, it gives him another 5 weeks to heal. No one else gets that. Not right.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/8/2018 6:30pm
Helder wrote:
that was for support rides, not tickets to the ranch,
Paw Paw 271
5/8/2018 6:33pm
No free pass. Either you qualify or you don't get to go.

Paw Paw
Zoom
5/8/2018 6:41pm
Womans champion in 2009 Shelby Britten had bike problems at the regional in 2010 and did not qualify. She was not allow to race the national that year.
5/8/2018 7:00pm
Braaaphole wrote:
My thoughts exactly. There have been numerous stories over the years of kids making it who didn't race regionals. On top of that, he's the poster...
My thoughts exactly. There have been numerous stories over the years of kids making it who didn't race regionals.
On top of that, he's the poster child for Team Green. They have a lot of pull and I'm sure the powers that be are already working on it.
If I'm not mistaken, this year was supposed to be his attempt to tie the record for the most Loretta's championships.
I'll be very surprised if he isn't there racing because of this injury.
Honestly, you'd think a defending champion should be able to plead their case to get a pass on regionals because of a legitimate injury.
I see this every year and I ask the same question. Who is the kid who raced Lorettas who didn't race the regionals. Every year no one can name anyone. Fake news, urban legend LOL. Jett will either race the regional and be in a qualifying position, or he wont go. Team Green does not have the power to ask for a waiver, nor would they.
racerx317
5/8/2018 7:09pm
You either race and qualify or you don’t...

His injury will only have him out about 6 weeks. Should be back by Regionals. May not be 100% but most likely good enough to qualify. My son had a complete break in same location and was riding in 6 weeks without surgery... with surgery would’ve been sooner. So, unless there are complications... he’ll be back in time to qualify based on my experience with the same injury.

Post a reply to: Loretta's qualifying question

The Latest