Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series Discontinues Operations

Johnny Depp
11/13/2020 10:04am
The trend continues. Lucas has been backing away for a while now. 2020 sucks.
LKHill
11/15/2020 3:58am
Wonder what that means for Pro Motocross?
KMC440
11/15/2020 4:31am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2020 4:32am
There just isn't enough money to go around. Had the virus not hit the economy would've supported it obviously. Off-road racing sports have always had a tenuous moment here and there because of their segment in the overall market being so small. Passionate people in the sport keep it alive more than anything. I'd like to see a national series again, unfortunately I don't see that coming around anytime soon.

The Shop

DJV804
11/15/2020 4:57am
KMC440 wrote:
There just isn't enough money to go around. Had the virus not hit the economy would've supported it obviously. Off-road racing sports have always had a...
There just isn't enough money to go around. Had the virus not hit the economy would've supported it obviously. Off-road racing sports have always had a tenuous moment here and there because of their segment in the overall market being so small. Passionate people in the sport keep it alive more than anything. I'd like to see a national series again, unfortunately I don't see that coming around anytime soon.
I wouldn’t be so sure. The Midwest series had a great year and was already looking at opportunities to expand. i could absolutely see them taking on a round in Arizona, Nevada, and Missouri.

For now their focus is on winter and trying to pull off a Snocross series in this mess BUT they are great to work with on the Snocross side and I heard nothing but good about the Champ Off-road series.
11/15/2020 5:03am
I would honestly be surprised if Supercross actually happens as planned this year.
11/15/2020 5:16am
I just want to make sure that people reading this realize that this is not talking about motocross. This article is saying that Lucas Oil is not going to own and operate the truck racing off-road series any more. As of now, motocross outdoor nationals is still alive.
11/15/2020 5:30am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2020 5:31am
I just want to make sure that people reading this realize that this is not talking about motocross. This article is saying that Lucas Oil is...
I just want to make sure that people reading this realize that this is not talking about motocross. This article is saying that Lucas Oil is not going to own and operate the truck racing off-road series any more. As of now, motocross outdoor nationals is still alive.
They are shutting down series they actually own and operate. Lucas Oil is simply the title sponsor of the AMA Motocross Series that is operated by MX Sports.
kage173
11/15/2020 6:42am
Well they started that series after the 2008 financial crash. Maybe someone will start it back up after we pull through this. And then Lucas Oil can be a title sponsor which makes more sense anyway.
PastranaWho
11/15/2020 6:47am
Sad times man. We can only pray for better days ahead.
crt32
11/15/2020 6:54am
I would honestly be surprised if Supercross actually happens as planned this year.
Tried to point this out last week. Supercross is not happening. 4-6 week lockdown is coming our way, just read any left or right news organization. And then poof all will be well and Uncle Joe can claim victory.

Tough times are on the horizon for many, I think the professional scene is going to look dramatically different.
Indy mxer
11/15/2020 9:18am
crt32 wrote:
Tried to point this out last week. Supercross is not happening. 4-6 week lockdown is coming our way, just read any left or right news organization...
Tried to point this out last week. Supercross is not happening. 4-6 week lockdown is coming our way, just read any left or right news organization. And then poof all will be well and Uncle Joe can claim victory.

Tough times are on the horizon for many, I think the professional scene is going to look dramatically different.
I have to disagree on this. I think cooler heads will prevail. They know we can't take another shutdown. But then again, I may be giving them too much credit for making a good decision. lol
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/15/2020 10:11am
crt32 wrote:
Tried to point this out last week. Supercross is not happening. 4-6 week lockdown is coming our way, just read any left or right news organization...

Indy mxer wrote:
I have to disagree on this. I think cooler heads will prevail. They know we can't take another shutdown. But then again, I may be giving...
I have to disagree on this. I think cooler heads will prevail. They know we can't take another shutdown. But then again, I may be giving them too much credit for making a good decision. lol
Joe already said he supports a nationwide lock down. If he gets in we won’t be doing anything for a bit. New Mexico goes into a 2 weeks shut down tomorrow and I believe Oregon is right behind them. 6 North Eastern states are having an emergency meeting to discuss another shut down.
Warlock
Fantasy
936th
11/15/2020 10:25am
Until the whole country believes this pandemic is real and actually happening it won't be reined in and life will keep being disrupted sadly.
dboivin
11/15/2020 10:30am
buddy is state worker here in michigan. says whitmer is rolling back to stage 2 this week. our hospitals are taking on too many people again. lockdown incoming.
8tensolutions
11/15/2020 11:07am
KMC440 wrote:
There just isn't enough money to go around. Had the virus not hit the economy would've supported it obviously. Off-road racing sports have always had a...
Disagree x 1000. The power sports industry has exploded in 2020 meaning oil and lubricants too. I keep saying it, but when sponsors leave anyone whether it's racing or little Johnny's T ball league, it's that for whatever reason the $ does not meet the return.
Indy mxer
11/15/2020 1:43pm
crt32 wrote:

Indy mxer wrote:
I have to disagree on this. I think cooler heads will prevail. They know we can't take another shutdown. But then again, I may be giving...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Joe already said he supports a nationwide lock down. If he gets in we won’t be doing anything for a bit. New Mexico goes into a...
Joe already said he supports a nationwide lock down. If he gets in we won’t be doing anything for a bit. New Mexico goes into a 2 weeks shut down tomorrow and I believe Oregon is right behind them. 6 North Eastern states are having an emergency meeting to discuss another shut down.
I read an article today saying his advisors are split on a shutdown. Lots of things are said during campaigns.
Remember, Mexico is going to pay for the wall? Hopefully he changes his opinion on this.
When he actually gets into office, he'll get the real picture on the damage a shutdown will do. Our Governor already said no shutdown.
EngIceDave
11/15/2020 1:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Joe already said he supports a nationwide lock down. If he gets in we won’t be doing anything for a bit. New Mexico goes into a...
"if he gets in?"

philG
11/15/2020 2:17pm
I dont see what the series is trying to sell, its not like folk are rushing out to buy trucks to race.

MX has a huge product sales base to justify the investment , but honestly i dont see enough end product sales to justify the effort.
11/15/2020 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/15/2020 2:53pm
crt32 wrote:

Indy mxer wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
The President can't order a nationwide lock down. He can put pressure on the Governor in each state but it is up to the states to decide on whether to lock down or not. Having said that, lock downs are on the way since numbers are surging again, and many hospitals won't be able to keep up with C19 and patients who need other care.

I don't see the 2021 sx season as a sure thing.
LKHill
11/15/2020 3:15pm
philG wrote:
I dont see what the series is trying to sell, its not like folk are rushing out to buy trucks to race. MX has a huge...
I dont see what the series is trying to sell, its not like folk are rushing out to buy trucks to race.

MX has a huge product sales base to justify the investment , but honestly i dont see enough end product sales to justify the effort.
Good point! They seem to be just the promoters.

It sill is some good racing that we are losing a yard at a time.

Post a reply to: Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series Discontinues Operations

The Latest