MCR Announces 2018 Rider Lineup and Race Schedule

Sodipop
8/19/2017 8:05am
I really feel they would have had the pick of the litter with how much of a team's market this is. A lot of great riders struggling to find rides
RM Mike
8/19/2017 8:08am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I thought they would have gone after some bigger fish
Justin Brayton can ride.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/19/2017 8:24am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Not everyone wants an SX only ride.
RandyS
8/19/2017 8:37am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I haven't paid attention, is Brayton just taking the summer off or is he in Canada too?

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/19/2017 8:45am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
RandyS wrote:
I haven't paid attention, is Brayton just taking the summer off or is he in Canada too?
He wasn't in Canada. Seeing as MCR has been an SX only team the last couple seasons I'm pretty sure Brayton is SX only now. He's got a young family so maybe that's what he's after seeing that he's in his 30's now. Having the summer off to enjoy your family is awesome if you ask me.

Hopefully he'll have a good season. I enjoy watching him ride.
tcallahan707
8/19/2017 8:46am
davistld01 wrote:
Totally agree. Genova must love motocross because he spends millions on it every year, with little or no return on his investment I'm sure! And, yeah...great...
Totally agree. Genova must love motocross because he spends millions on it every year, with little or no return on his investment I'm sure!

And, yeah...great news for Jake to get a solid ride right out of the gate this year. He seems like a good dude, and I believe his results will get better with the support of a team where he's not just the "fill-in" rider.

Wonder if Brayton will again be the only guy on the team riding a Honda factory bike or not?
Forty wrote:
Jake had a factory ride for many years. Don't know when He would be considered a fill in rider.
My guess would be when he filled in for RCH in 2016 and JGR for 2017.
tcallahan707
8/19/2017 8:47am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Who's to say they didn't?
tcallahan707
8/19/2017 8:50am
system wrote:
With the riders available, I'm a bit surprised they kept Friese. Regardless, I'm glad Brayton and Weimer have a solid ride.
I'd put Friese on the same level as Brayton and Weimer. Plus he has a solid history there. As far as other riders, who knows if these 3 were MCR's first choice.
ob
8/19/2017 8:52am
That's awesome. Maybe Jake, as cool as he is, will be able to help Freise be more shall we say "normal"?
davistld01
8/19/2017 11:16am
davistld01 wrote:
Totally agree. Genova must love motocross because he spends millions on it every year, with little or no return on his investment I'm sure! And, yeah...great...
Totally agree. Genova must love motocross because he spends millions on it every year, with little or no return on his investment I'm sure!

And, yeah...great news for Jake to get a solid ride right out of the gate this year. He seems like a good dude, and I believe his results will get better with the support of a team where he's not just the "fill-in" rider.

Wonder if Brayton will again be the only guy on the team riding a Honda factory bike or not?
Forty wrote:
Jake had a factory ride for many years. Don't know when He would be considered a fill in rider.
I guess because he was a "fill in" rider for RCH last year for an injured Broc Tickle. And, he was stuck without a ride at all for the Outdoors this year even though he was a factory Kawasaki rider with Ryan Villopoto for several years.
Forty
8/19/2017 11:22am
davistld01 wrote:

Forty wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
I guess because he was a "fill in" rider for RCH last year for an injured Broc Tickle. And, he was stuck without a ride at...
I guess because he was a "fill in" rider for RCH last year for an injured Broc Tickle. And, he was stuck without a ride at all for the Outdoors this year even though he was a factory Kawasaki rider with Ryan Villopoto for several years.
Oh. I forgot that. I was gonna pick a fight with you but I got nuthin. You're right.
jrrundle
8/19/2017 1:30pm
Maybe Mike races the new Canadian series?
8/20/2017 3:22am
system wrote:
With the riders available, I'm a bit surprised they kept Friese. Regardless, I'm glad Brayton and Weimer have a solid ride.
Freise gets the team a TON of exposure...holeshots have him in the frame all the time...and he is going to be a top ten threat this year...when the feild "whitles" down...
VicDaMoan03
8/20/2017 4:47am
I'm not really sure how I feel about Tony moving on without Mike when Tony would never let Mike move on without him. Seems like Mike could have had a better career if it wasn't for his father
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/20/2017 6:30am
RandyS wrote:
He's planning on racing Austrailian SX again this year.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/20/2017 6:33am
davistld01 wrote:

I think where you're confused is that Justin was on a '17 last year, while the rest of the team were on '16s.
8/20/2017 6:40am
I'm not really sure how I feel about Tony moving on without Mike when Tony would never let Mike move on without him. Seems like Mike...
I'm not really sure how I feel about Tony moving on without Mike when Tony would never let Mike move on without him. Seems like Mike could have had a better career if it wasn't for his father
Depends on how you look at it. Without Tony's sacrifice and dedication for over 20 years, Mike would have never even had a career in MX.
mark_swart
8/21/2017 12:30pm
Props to Tony for literally quoting Supercross The Movie with that "plenty left in the tank" quote! Maybe they will consider KC Carlyle as a fill in rider!Tongue
jbomx363
8/21/2017 12:58pm
system wrote:
I'd put Friese on the same level as Brayton and Weimer. Plus he has a solid history there. As far as other riders, who knows if...
I'd put Friese on the same level as Brayton and Weimer. Plus he has a solid history there. As far as other riders, who knows if these 3 were MCR's first choice.
Geez.. what an insult to Brayton...and a bit on Weimer too.

I don't think anyone dropped as many positions as bad as Friese did.
TommyLee93
8/21/2017 1:28pm
jbomx363 wrote:
Geez.. what an insult to Brayton...and a bit on Weimer too.

I don't think anyone dropped as many positions as bad as Friese did.
2017 SX standings...

12. Justin Brayton
14. Jake Weimer
16. Vince Friese

Post a reply to: MCR Announces 2018 Rider Lineup and Race Schedule

The Latest