MESX Official Video Game question - need help

shall0613
Ok guys, I literally had to create an account with vital just so I could ask this question.... Just purchased the new MESX game for XBox1 for my kids. They got it up and running but can't figure out how to race one another. They are 7 and 6 so online play is not an option. Is online play the only way to utilize the "multi-player option" OR can my kids play against one another in a head to head format?

In the MOTO GP game they can race one another. Is this an option for the MESX game? Please tell me there is a way for them to race one another without accessing online play?!?!

Thanks in advance for any replies.....I'm not into video games and am useless when it comes to this sort of thing.
|
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
2/18/2018 4:58am
There’s no local multiplayer. Only online. So you’d have to get a second Xbox.
shall0613
2/18/2018 5:05am
mxrider225 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that was the response I was going to get. Just doesn't make sense...... How/Why would they come out with a new game that wouldn't allow this option? What am I missing?
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
2/18/2018 5:25am
mxrider225 wrote:
shall0613 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that was the response I was going to get. Just doesn't make sense...... How/Why would they come out...
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that was the response I was going to get. Just doesn't make sense...... How/Why would they come out with a new game that wouldn't allow this option? What am I missing?
It's status quo for Milestone and honestly a lot of games have gone that route. I'm it sure why, but it does take away from that kind of experience.

The back of every game sleeve has a picture or description stating the game is either split and/or online multiplayer only.
RangerLee
2/18/2018 5:33am
mxrider225 wrote:
shall0613 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid that was the response I was going to get. Just doesn't make sense...... How/Why would they come out...
While it sucks you cannot do local multiplayer with the official SX game (weird right?) Next month MX vs ATV comes out and you CAN do local MP, both indoor and out. Just do not expect official AMA/FIM supercross tracks.

The Shop

MudPup545
2/18/2018 5:48am
Just bought the game for my kid on PS4 yesterday. We can't race each other head to head? Geez..... :-(
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
2/18/2018 6:00am
Why is everyone so shocked by this? Do you guys not read the back of the game sleeve?
shall0613
2/19/2018 6:51pm
Why is everyone so shocked by this? Do you guys not read the back of the game sleeve?
As I mentioned in my original post, video games aren’t my thing AND my boys are 6 & 7. We literally walked into Best Buy, found the game and bought it. Truth be told, even if I had read the sleeve, there was no way we were leaving the store without the game. Kids were disappointed at first and I was surprised head to head wasn’t an option but we are good now.

Since you seem to be an authority on the subject Swedishfish, I’ll be sure to consult with you next time around (or I’ll just read the sleeve). #jabjab
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/19/2018 7:49pm
shall0613 wrote:
Ok guys, I literally had to create an account with vital just so I could ask this question.... Just purchased the new MESX game for XBox1...
Ok guys, I literally had to create an account with vital just so I could ask this question.... Just purchased the new MESX game for XBox1 for my kids. They got it up and running but can't figure out how to race one another. They are 7 and 6 so online play is not an option. Is online play the only way to utilize the "multi-player option" OR can my kids play against one another in a head to head format?

In the MOTO GP game they can race one another. Is this an option for the MESX game? Please tell me there is a way for them to race one another without accessing online play?!?!

Thanks in advance for any replies.....I'm not into video games and am useless when it comes to this sort of thing.
A lot of game developers have shifted away from split screen and onto online multiplayer. In fact online is such a big business that some game are strictly online play.

As for Monster Energy Supercross your boys will not be able to play on the same console/TV via split screen or local online play. The only option would be to have a second Xbox, game and TV and play against one another online in a private lobby.

The good news is that MX vs ATV All Out comes out at the end of March and your boys will be able to sit together and race against one another in the same room using the same console with two controllers because that game will have the option of playing multiplayer via split screen.

A lot of guys on here hate on that game and the MX vs ATV franchise in general because it doesn't offer them the realism they seek like the MXGP/MES games. Seeing as your boys are young I highly doubt that it will be an issue with them and they'll enjoy playing it just as much if not more than Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game.

But as mentioned next time you purchase a game make sure to look on the back of the game box and it will tell you if multiplayer is available and if it's online only.

I guess for now they'll just have to each take their turn playing the game but that's not always as easy as it seems. Good luck with that.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
2/19/2018 7:54pm
shall0613 wrote:
As I mentioned in my original post, video games aren’t my thing AND my boys are 6 & 7. We literally walked into Best Buy, found...
As I mentioned in my original post, video games aren’t my thing AND my boys are 6 & 7. We literally walked into Best Buy, found the game and bought it. Truth be told, even if I had read the sleeve, there was no way we were leaving the store without the game. Kids were disappointed at first and I was surprised head to head wasn’t an option but we are good now.

Since you seem to be an authority on the subject Swedishfish, I’ll be sure to consult with you next time around (or I’ll just read the sleeve). #jabjab
I'm glad your boys are having fun with the game. It is a bummer no local multiplayer, I'll give you that.

Sorry if I came across like a dick.
2/19/2018 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 7:57pm
Ghost racing ?time attack....

Mx vs atv has big shoes to fill after this sx game. milestone is goin for the market share jugular !!!
JB 19
2/19/2018 8:03pm
We have an old Xbox 360 setup with its own tv next to the Xbox 1.(in the basement) My boys have learned to take turns and one plays an old game on the 360 while the other plays the Xbox 1. The original plan was that they got the 360 to themselves and I would get the new console. Pretty short sighted thinking on my part. Dry
shall0613
2/20/2018 3:27am
shall0613 wrote:
As I mentioned in my original post, video games aren’t my thing AND my boys are 6 & 7. We literally walked into Best Buy, found...

I'm glad your boys are having fun with the game. It is a bummer no local multiplayer, I'll give you that. Sorry if I came across...
I'm glad your boys are having fun with the game. It is a bummer no local multiplayer, I'll give you that.

Sorry if I came across like a dick.
All good brother! It's frustrating having no interest at all in video games but having to figure it out because they enjoy them. I doubt online play will ever be an option. We are getting ready to move and will rely on satellite internet (which is terrible) and to my understanding, it isn't capable of supporting online gaming.

I appreciate everyone's insight. For now, they are just taking turns and enjoying crashing everything in sight!!
2/20/2018 3:50am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2018 3:52am
Split screen went away because of the heavier game engines. MES already struggles on consoles. Imagine the game with split screen, it'll probably give you a frame rate of 10 which means totally unplayable.

Bottom line is; game consoles just can't handle the (newer) games anymore in split screen mode.
mx617
2/20/2018 7:23am
I noticed this to after picking up a ps4. So dumb. My friend was in town and we had a whopping one option for two player games out of the five I own.
SEE ARE125
2/20/2018 7:53am
It's been a while since I've done this, but on PS3 me and a buddy were able to link our PS3s together and play that way. Two PS3s, two TVs, a router, and some ethernet cable I think was all we used. I know we didn't have any internet. It worked really well, basically just like split screen except each person had their own TV. Like I said it was a long time ago, is this still possible with newer systems?

Post a reply to: MESX Official Video Game question - need help

The Latest