MOTOCAL ... cool website. Anyone used them?

Edited Date/Time 5/20/2019 11:55am
Very cool. First graphics company Ive seen offer a online editor. So sick of having to wait weeks for proofs and sort thru templates with flames & lighting bolts.

Anyone tried them? What's the word? Quality? Where are they based out of?

I get suspicious of any company that doesnt list a phone number.

Lastly, the rear number plate panels are not symmetrical on Husky's. So when I flip/copy the design from the right to the left side, it not only looks funky but it doesnt line up the same way (half the number is off the plate). Is this a glitch? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thx.
|
Katoomey
10/22/2017 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/22/2017 12:51pm
yea. used many times. pretty cool.

editor needs work. browsing logos is a total pain. uploading images needs some fine tuning as well. overall though its pretty great. the fit and quality of the graphics are great and you can choose the thickness.

and no, that is not a glich. you have to re-adjust after swapping sides a lot of times. there are no number plates /side panels that are symmetrical.

dont forget to try out different templates for different areas of the bike. there are multiple templates per model, per type of plastic. different fender shapes, different number plates, and most have the tank/shroud combo that puts both pieces together so you can design them at the same time.
MudPup545
10/22/2017 2:39pm
Used them for my sons Honda. Excellent quality and the design possibilities are pretty much endless.
10/22/2017 3:44pm
Katoomey wrote:
yea. used many times. pretty cool. editor needs work. browsing logos is a total pain. uploading images needs some fine tuning as well. overall though its...
yea. used many times. pretty cool.

editor needs work. browsing logos is a total pain. uploading images needs some fine tuning as well. overall though its pretty great. the fit and quality of the graphics are great and you can choose the thickness.

and no, that is not a glich. you have to re-adjust after swapping sides a lot of times. there are no number plates /side panels that are symmetrical.

dont forget to try out different templates for different areas of the bike. there are multiple templates per model, per type of plastic. different fender shapes, different number plates, and most have the tank/shroud combo that puts both pieces together so you can design them at the same time.
Thank you a bunch. That was what I was looking for. I wasnt sure if it was something they fixed or it was a optical illusion in the editor. I'll assume from now on that it will print exactly as I design it, so get it right on my end. (*Ive used some websites for designing tshirts & other promotional items where their online editor didnt reflect actual measurements, thus my hesitancy to trust motocal).

Yeah, I noticed the different templates. The "relief cut" feature is pretty dang cool. Im kinda at a loss of when to use it tho. Im assuming it isnt needed much on the new Husky's.

Im so stoked on the designs Im doing. I doubt I'll ever use another graphics company again.
Lunch_Box
10/22/2017 4:01pm
I used them. Was a great way to kill boredom at work. Customer service was great, I had a hard time getting my lines to align between plastics and they reprinted a modified set after the first ones didn't match up free of cost. Will use them again for sure. Im sure with more use they will make things more user friendly.

Here's how my bike turned out. Already modified a new set for next season.

The Shop

kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
10/22/2017 4:24pm
Lunch_Box wrote:
I used them. Was a great way to kill boredom at work. Customer service was great, I had a hard time getting my lines to align...
I used them. Was a great way to kill boredom at work. Customer service was great, I had a hard time getting my lines to align between plastics and they reprinted a modified set after the first ones didn't match up free of cost. Will use them again for sure. Im sure with more use they will make things more user friendly.

Damn, that looks good!
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/22/2017 5:00pm
Lunch_Box wrote:
I used them. Was a great way to kill boredom at work. Customer service was great, I had a hard time getting my lines to align...

kevin204 wrote:
Damn, that looks good!
That is a great setup you have there, I like that.
Lunch_Box
10/22/2017 7:07pm
Thanks guys. Here is the front for those interested.

Acidreamer
10/22/2017 7:16pm
The logo/decal search needs work. I tried searching for stuff and most of the time i get no results. I love the concept though
10/22/2017 8:17pm
Acidreamer wrote:
The logo/decal search needs work. I tried searching for stuff and most of the time i get no results. I love the concept though
sometimes it works, then sometimes it doesnt.

I give it five minutes and come back to it and then Im able to find the logos Im looking for.

When it does work, it's a damn good database.
10/22/2017 8:28pm
Lunch_Box wrote:
Thanks guys. Here is the front for those interested. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/22/221348/s1200_20170505_135257.jpg[/img]

Looks great. 2x as good as most of the trash out there that most sell.

Be honest, how many times did you edit that before clicking "submit"? hahaha

And how many things did you want to change within 10 minutes after sending in the final proof.

I find myself re-doing my kit over and over. This is definitely a great time killer hahaha. Took my 6 hours to perfect my daughter's pw50 graphics. Now on to my Husky. See y'all in month hahaha.
Lunch_Box
10/23/2017 8:36am
Lunch_Box wrote:
Thanks guys. Here is the front for those interested. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/22/221348/s1200_20170505_135257.jpg[/img]

Looks great. 2x as good as most of the trash out there that most sell. Be honest, how many times did you edit that before clicking...
Looks great. 2x as good as most of the trash out there that most sell.

Be honest, how many times did you edit that before clicking "submit"? hahaha

And how many things did you want to change within 10 minutes after sending in the final proof.

I find myself re-doing my kit over and over. This is definitely a great time killer hahaha. Took my 6 hours to perfect my daughter's pw50 graphics. Now on to my Husky. See y'all in month hahaha.
I played around with for about 3 weeks. Making small changes. But at $200 Canadian shipped ill just make a new set every season. Great price and have no complaints with my first set. I've already got a set ready for next year but have all winter to play with it.
tuggy450
10/23/2017 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2017 5:43pm
Been there designing some decals. Hours of fun
reded
10/23/2017 4:45pm
I've spent way too much time dicking with that thing. Can't ever bring myself to click the "checkout" button tho.
10/23/2017 5:46pm
reded wrote:
I've spent way too much time dicking with that thing. Can't ever bring myself to click the "checkout" button tho.
Aint that the truth. Ive been spending HOURS on it.

I'll post a pic of the bike when done. You're gonna laugh considering it's the most basic design ever. How one can spend so much time on something so simple is a mystery to me.

Reed's RBSR bike is my inspiration.
navalseabee
10/23/2017 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2017 6:04pm
I actually just installed my first set from them today. I ordered the mx medium, the colors are vivid, look exactly like i designed them, fit perfectly and stuck very well. Overall for the $150 i spent and the amount of custom i can get with them i think its a great deal. Now durability will be the tell deciding factor for me. Once my new radiator shrouds come in ill post up a few pictures.
agn5009
10/24/2017 9:22am
I've been messing around with it but can't exactly get things right. It is definitely odd how you can search for a certain logo and find nothing then search again in 30 seconds and get 30 results. Not a big deal though. I'll continue messing with it, hopefully I can figure it out better.

And lunchbox, that bike is sweet. What you have there is very similar to what I have in mind with mine.
Kanewel433
10/25/2017 7:31am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2017 7:32am
I've also done some designing on there (never purchased), but I do recommend their service/product if you have a newer model bike. I have an '07 KTM 250 XC that they didn't have the design templates for, so everything was a guessing game. They did offer to create the templates and print my graphics at a STEEEEEP discount if I A ) sent them the measurements B ) vectored everything myself and sent them the templates or C) sent them my old graphics.

I just ran out of time and ordered some standard ones from eBay, but one day, I will give them another try.
Spud613
10/25/2017 8:44am
I just received the ones I designed in the mail yesterday. Excellent quality and a decent price. Another nice feature is the fact that you can re-order specific parts of your custom kit if anything wears out. Some parts took a little bit of trimming, but overall, on the parts I have been able to add in one night, they have been a great fit.

10/25/2017 12:00pm
I've made several sets for different bikes and I won't use anything else. They're customer support is awesome and they (used to?) have big discount codes when they were starting out. Great company to deal with imo.
FortyHat
5/20/2019 11:47am
Sorry for digging this thread out of the grave, but I'd like to order a kit through Motocal and I'm not sure which thickness to use, medium or thick. Anyone have issues with durability on the medium? I'm worried that if I order the thick option, it'll be hard to fit/work the contours nicely.
TymeMoto
5/20/2019 11:55am
FortyHat wrote:
Sorry for digging this thread out of the grave, but I'd like to order a kit through Motocal and I'm not sure which thickness to use...
Sorry for digging this thread out of the grave, but I'd like to order a kit through Motocal and I'm not sure which thickness to use, medium or thick. Anyone have issues with durability on the medium? I'm worried that if I order the thick option, it'll be hard to fit/work the contours nicely.
I used their medium for graphics on both of my bikes about 4 months ago and it’s held up really great so far.
MudPup545
5/20/2019 12:50pm
FortyHat wrote:
Sorry for digging this thread out of the grave, but I'd like to order a kit through Motocal and I'm not sure which thickness to use...
Had medium on my kids Honda for close to a year and they held up very well. Just ordered a new set on Saturday for his YZ.

Post a reply to: MOTOCAL ... cool website. Anyone used them?

The Latest