MXDN...The right guy ??

ledger
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 8:39am
Sorry for a new topic, but the MXDN has strongly been on my mind now that JA is injured (get well JA). Barcia or Bagget should be solid, but I would like to see W. Peick get the honor, he's a badass that would positively answer with a massive...HELL YES!!!! and a mild thank you. Peick would "PRIDE RIDE" for the USA to a higher level than he's ever pushed, would probably start a new training program that makes his current routine a walk in the park, and would race as a Kamikaze pilot. And, he might just beat the hell out of everybody. (with his fist)
|
kb228
6/1/2018 11:48am
Tomac osborne and plessinger/jmart
ledger
6/1/2018 11:49am
Osborne 450 or Baggett, martin 250 or plessinger/cooper
Is Osborne eligible for 450 ? If so, I say...hell yes.
BroFoSho
6/1/2018 12:23pm
You really want to try and have Peick race against Herlings and Cairoli????

No offense to Pieck but that would be like having a Vital member trying to qualify for a national haha

The Shop

SlasherMcGee
6/1/2018 12:26pm
BroFoSho wrote:
You really want to try and have Peick race against Herlings and Cairoli???? No offense to Pieck but that would be like having a Vital member...

No offense to Pieck but that would be like having a Vital member trying to qualify for a national haha
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but we should keep in mind the fight isn't against Cairoli/Herlings. The fight is against Febvre. If we can beat Febrve, we can win MXDN.
6/1/2018 12:40pm
honestly AP23 on the 450 would be sick too but zacho is a manly man
agn5009
6/1/2018 12:44pm
So you want a guy like Peick to go why? Because he's one of your favorite riders? Let's send the best riders we have available to us, not guys you simply like.
ledger
6/1/2018 12:47pm
BroFoSho wrote:
You really want to try and have Peick race against Herlings and Cairoli???? No offense to Pieck but that would be like having a Vital member...

If he knew Now that he was going and had time to prepare, I do believe he would find an extra gear. Herlings and Cairolli...probably not,to be honest, but it sounds cool,lol.
LungButter
6/1/2018 12:55pm
Tomac, Barcia, Osborne.

We want guys who have battled for and won championships, guys who have been there and done it, guys who know what it takes to deal with the pressure to win and come out on top.

Peick is solid as hell, better than many thought he'd ever be, but there are several better choices for MXDN in my opinion.
TeamGreen
6/1/2018 12:58pm
If Roger decides that Jason isn't ready...remember, we're talking about the last US rider to BEAT "The World"...
My guess is that it's...
MX1: Eli
MX2: ZachO or Plessinger
MX3: Baggett or ZachO

A side-note: I'd LOVE throwing Weston in there...it would be the ultimate Rags to Riches story. In-fact, JGR should build a bike that looks like his Hyper-X Privateer Zook from the 2013 Utah National back when he "BROUGHT IT!" like a bad ass (5-5 for 4th O/A).
ledger
6/1/2018 1:05pm
agn5009 wrote:
So you want a guy like Peick to go why? Because he's one of your favorite riders? Let's send the best riders we have available to...
So you want a guy like Peick to go why? Because he's one of your favorite riders? Let's send the best riders we have available to us, not guys you simply like.
Not a favorite, I'm a fan of all that line up, minus one, lol. I think his determination and physical strength would be on extreme high to compete for his country, probably higher due to his privateer background. Maybe charge up his training and get the absolute perfect bike set-up...maybe. And I agree with you 100% to send our best.
FuzzyLogic
6/1/2018 1:11pm
This should strictly be a question of "who is the 3rd rider?" Tomac is an undisputable lock - and he said that he would go. Zacho is the most consistently fast 250 rider we have. If Baggett doesn't pick it up soon I would have no qualms about AP or Jmart riding a 450.

Peick is a bad dude on a motorcycle but I wouldn't pick him to win a moto this summer (maybe ever). I don't know if you could convince me he could win a 250 moto on his 450 this summer.
ledger
6/1/2018 1:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
If Roger decides that Jason isn't ready...remember, we're talking about the last US rider to BEAT "The World"... My guess is that it's... MX1: Eli MX2...
If Roger decides that Jason isn't ready...remember, we're talking about the last US rider to BEAT "The World"...
My guess is that it's...
MX1: Eli
MX2: ZachO or Plessinger
MX3: Baggett or ZachO

A side-note: I'd LOVE throwing Weston in there...it would be the ultimate Rags to Riches story. In-fact, JGR should build a bike that looks like his Hyper-X Privateer Zook from the 2013 Utah National back when he "BROUGHT IT!" like a bad ass (5-5 for 4th O/A).
Copy, and right on the money TG. Guess I'm just a sucker for the Underdog, cause I a...nevermind,lol. Fingers crossed and positive vibes for Anderson to be good to go.
tprice07
6/1/2018 1:28pm
I vote that we grant Roczen US citizenship and adopt him as our own and send him with Tomac and Osborne.
6/1/2018 1:36pm
I think when Anderson won at Maggiora in 2016 he only returned to the nationals for the last round or two, and still dispatched with Herlings and the rest of the gang. So he could still be a viable option if needed, assuming he is coming back well before the end of the year (have not heard how long he could be out)?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
6/1/2018 1:39pm
I think when Anderson won at Maggiora in 2016 he only returned to the nationals for the last round or two, and still dispatched with Herlings...
I think when Anderson won at Maggiora in 2016 he only returned to the nationals for the last round or two, and still dispatched with Herlings and the rest of the gang. So he could still be a viable option if needed, assuming he is coming back well before the end of the year (have not heard how long he could be out)?
He should be back by Unadilla, according to reports.

I just posted this in the other topic, but I'd pick Tomac, Osborne, and Anderson.
ledger
6/1/2018 1:41pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
This should strictly be a question of "who is the 3rd rider?" Tomac is an undisputable lock - and he said that he would go. Zacho...
This should strictly be a question of "who is the 3rd rider?" Tomac is an undisputable lock - and he said that he would go. Zacho is the most consistently fast 250 rider we have. If Baggett doesn't pick it up soon I would have no qualms about AP or Jmart riding a 450.

Peick is a bad dude on a motorcycle but I wouldn't pick him to win a moto this summer (maybe ever). I don't know if you could convince me he could win a 250 moto on his 450 this summer.
He can do it, he can do it, he can do it, ahh hell...that's my best shot at convincing, and reality is what it is. I have a good vibe about Plessi on a 450, and betcha he'll be a force...in time. Maybe send Peick to Baker for hardcore training ?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
6/1/2018 1:45pm
ledger wrote:
He can do it, he can do it, he can do it, ahh hell...that's my best shot at convincing, and reality is what it is. I...
He can do it, he can do it, he can do it, ahh hell...that's my best shot at convincing, and reality is what it is. I have a good vibe about Plessi on a 450, and betcha he'll be a force...in time. Maybe send Peick to Baker for hardcore training ?
Peick's work ethic is not an issue.
ledger
6/1/2018 1:48pm
tprice07 wrote:
I vote that we grant Roczen US citizenship and adopt him as our own and send him with Tomac and Osborne.
Amen to that..... Serious Question, I'll probably get beat up for asking...Could Roczen or Musquin ride for USA if they desired ?? I'm sure they would be disowned by their own country, but I have wondered if that is possible. Ya'll don't beat me up too much please. Thanks.
SwingHard
6/1/2018 1:48pm
Im guessing we're talking about picking the team as of right now,today?How can anyone justify picking Baggett?
MotoMo165
6/1/2018 1:49pm
tprice07 wrote:
Poll??
GODZILLA
6/1/2018 1:53pm
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but we should keep in mind the fight isn't against Cairoli/Herlings. The fight is against Febvre. If we can beat...
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but we should keep in mind the fight isn't against Cairoli/Herlings. The fight is against Febvre. If we can beat Febrve, we can win MXDN.
Not even sure Febvre will be there. Right now, it looks more like a Ferrandis/ Musquin/ Paulin team.
ledger
6/1/2018 2:02pm
Peick's work ethic is not an issue.
Agree, his work ethics are A+. Would like to know what it would take for the guy to crank it up a few more notches to actually win a moto...is it his age maybe ? Can't help but think about the success of Brayton this past SX season, Peick and Brayton seem on par with each other, if that makes sense.
ledger
6/1/2018 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 2:21pm
SwingHard wrote:
Im guessing we're talking about picking the team as of right now,today?How can anyone justify picking Baggett?
I think it was last year at Colorado when Baggett busted out of the SX mode and into MotoMode, and kicked some butt there, then he was ON for the rest of the season...even though he had a bummed thumb.
tprice07
6/1/2018 2:08pm
tprice07 wrote:
ledger wrote:
Amen to that..... Serious Question, I'll probably get beat up for asking...Could Roczen or Musquin ride for USA if they desired ?? I'm sure they would...
Amen to that..... Serious Question, I'll probably get beat up for asking...Could Roczen or Musquin ride for USA if they desired ?? I'm sure they would be disowned by their own country, but I have wondered if that is possible. Ya'll don't beat me up too much please. Thanks.
Well if the "Team Manager" for Team USA is from Holland I don't see why it would be an issue haha.

Riders in the continental U.S. ride for Puerto Rico but I think that is allowed because it is a U.S. Territory.
Sparkey
6/1/2018 2:19pm
ledger wrote:
If he knew Now that he was going and had time to prepare, I do believe he would find an extra gear. Herlings and Cairolli...probably not,to...
If he knew Now that he was going and had time to prepare, I do believe he would find an extra gear. Herlings and Cairolli...probably not,to be honest, but it sounds cool,lol.
Do you really think that? Why wouldn't he find an extra gear for the AMA nationals??? Does he not give a shit about AMA series and will try harder for the MXdN? What your implying is absolutely ludicrous.
6/1/2018 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 2:51pm
tprice07 wrote:
Well if the "Team Manager" for Team USA is from Holland I don't see why it would be an issue haha. Riders in the continental U.S...
Well if the "Team Manager" for Team USA is from Holland I don't see why it would be an issue haha.

Riders in the continental U.S. ride for Puerto Rico but I think that is allowed because it is a U.S. Territory.
DeCoster is Belgian, but I get your point nonetheless.
ledger
6/1/2018 3:04pm
ledger wrote:
If he knew Now that he was going and had time to prepare, I do believe he would find an extra gear. Herlings and Cairolli...probably not,to...
Sparkey wrote:
Do you really think that? Why wouldn't he find an extra gear for the AMA nationals??? Does he not give a shit about AMA series and...
Do you really think that? Why wouldn't he find an extra gear for the AMA nationals??? Does he not give a shit about AMA series and will try harder for the MXdN? What your implying is absolutely ludicrous.
No it's not ludicrous, and I do believe that Peick Is the type of person that would change his training, diet and anything or everything to participate in this particular event. Your'e saying there is no room for improvement ?? I guess people like Zach O. doesn't exist in your world. It's called hard work, determination, self discipline, and more hard work, wake up and do it again, every day. And it's not about the all mighty dollar, just a pat on the back and a huge dose of Humble Pride for your country.
ledger
6/1/2018 3:29pm
tprice07 wrote:
ledger wrote:
Amen to that..... Serious Question, I'll probably get beat up for asking...Could Roczen or Musquin ride for USA if they desired ?? I'm sure they would...
tprice07 wrote:
Well if the "Team Manager" for Team USA is from Holland I don't see why it would be an issue haha. Riders in the continental U.S...

We'll take it. All we need now is for someone to start a Poll,WhistlingWink hint, cough, hint...Roczen vs Musquin. Hmm.
Mxracer6y
6/1/2018 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 3:48pm
BroFoSho wrote:

ledger wrote:
He would have absolutely no shot, none. not even 1 in a million... ZERO chance.

He would not just "find an extra gear" ... what do you think this is? What do you think he doesn't try or something? Like this whole time hes capable of winning races but just "mehhhh im just gonna hang back and relax"

peick vs herlings or cairoli??

No dude. just no. Unless herlings was on an 85...then MAYBE peick has a chance.

You guys and your peick fantasies.I'm not sure why so many people on vital want to blow the guy.... it seems like waaaaaaaaaay too many people on here have a man crush on him... and for what reason?

Peick isnt even in my top 5 that i would pick to send to MXdN

Post a reply to: MXDN...The right guy ??

The Latest