MXGP TV

Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
Could learn alot from NBC gold,
I bought NBC this year as it was £40 for the whole season. Loved being able to wake up on a sunday with perfect live streams ready to roll, excellent value for money.
MXGP is £105 for the season and isn't as enjoyable a series as the outdoors.
Too expensive,

I hope long may the NBC gold continue
|
line-up
7/10/2017 6:25am
On MXGP-TV you have 20 rounds live versus 12 of the nationals. You watch live and commercial free with no interruptions not only mx2 and mxgp races, but also all the european championship classes and womens races. If that's not enough you have available the complete archive of all the last seven years of racing. You do the math....
7/10/2017 6:25am
50 bucks for one day of racing, 2 classes and 12 races, or, 100 bucks for 2 days of racing, 2 main classes and multiple support classes and 19 races + MXdN

I'd say it's just as excellent, if not even better value for money.
7/10/2017 6:56am
Like the rest has said, MXGP-TV Offers more content in total so it's only fair it's a bit mor expensive i guess.

Overal though i really like both packages, getting to see everything live now through official streams is awesome Cool
tek14
7/10/2017 7:09am
NBC can learn a lot from MXGP-TV that is for everyone not just for handful of countries. You have to move other country to see it or pay extra for VPN companies to be able to see 2 class racing. MXGP-TV offers 2 day events and 10 different categories racing.
Seems also AMA level isn't this year even close to what MXGP offers. Anyway its great that NBC is starting to learn.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/10/2017 7:21am
So far I still prefer MXGPTV by far.
As for the price, it's like other said, you get more for what you pay. Also they have a lot higher effort to make to provide a live stream from any country they go to (not only throughout America)
philG
7/10/2017 7:22am
Its great that we have both.. NBC Gold is great after spending years searching for hooky feeds.
BobPA
7/10/2017 7:25am
philG wrote:
Its great that we have both.. NBC Gold is great after spending years searching for hooky feeds.
I've just been searching YouTube the day after...
philG
7/10/2017 8:52am
BobPA wrote:
I've just been searching YouTube the day after...
Im prepared to pay to support the sport.
Paul333
7/10/2017 8:59am
I've had MXGP TV for the past 3-4 years. I've never had a single issue. I seriously doubt I could complain about anything. It's been perfect.

Same goes for NBC Gold.
Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
7/11/2017 2:25pm
Maybe it's just me,
I've been a fan of the sport for over 10 years & the
Ama series has me on the edge of my seat both indoors and out.
Mxgp I genuinely struggle to stay awake through the Motos I pretty much always doze off I can't put my finger on why.
that's why it's not good value to me, I want quality not quantity.
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/11/2017 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 6:01pm
It would be nice if mxgp and motogp had a tv app like nbc gold. Its a small complaint but connecting another device to the tv to watch is a bit inconvenient. Ideally there would be a tv app for all FIM series with highlights shown for free an a pay wall for the full races just like they do now on their websites. Motogp coverage should be the goal for both nbc and mxgp.

Edit: yes there is an motogp android app but not one for smart tvs.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
7/11/2017 3:46pm
early wrote:
It would be nice if mxgp and motogp had a tv app like nbc gold. Its a small complaint but connecting another device to the tv...
It would be nice if mxgp and motogp had a tv app like nbc gold. Its a small complaint but connecting another device to the tv to watch is a bit inconvenient. Ideally there would be a tv app for all FIM series with highlights shown for free an a pay wall for the full races just like they do now on their websites. Motogp coverage should be the goal for both nbc and mxgp.

Edit: yes there is an motogp android app but not one for smart tvs.
Agree. The NBC Gold app is great, along with the chromecast extension. I take the chromecast with me when I travel and can watch it on any TV by casting from Phone app.
I can do the same with MXGP-TV but only through a PC browser.
MXGP definitely has better continual coverage and not NBC Gold's awkward pause/camera snafu's when TV ads come around but coverage is still live online.

Minor criticisms of MXGP:
Recently they have ads when video starts
annoying popup on website makes it hard to logon
An app would be nice - I thought for awhile they had an app through a third party.
PastranaWho
7/11/2017 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 6:14pm
Cliffy615 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, I've been a fan of the sport for over 10 years & the Ama series has me on the edge of my...
Maybe it's just me,
Mxgp I genuinely struggle to stay awake through the Motos I pretty much always doze off I can't put my finger on why.
So you are complaining about the stream package or the series?DizzyHuh

MXGP 450 class is much more exciting to watch than ama 450. Its pretty much the eli tomac show here.
7/12/2017 3:21am
Cliffy615 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, I've been a fan of the sport for over 10 years & the Ama series has me on the edge of my...
Maybe it's just me,
So you are complaining about the stream package or the series?:S :huh: MXGP 450 class is much more exciting to watch than ama 450. Its pretty...
So you are complaining about the stream package or the series?DizzyHuh

MXGP 450 class is much more exciting to watch than ama 450. Its pretty much the eli tomac show here.
Basically what the OP is saying is that because he thinks the quality of the racing in MXGP isn't very good,it should be cheaper.
Slosh 112
7/12/2017 5:35am
NBC would be good if you could get it in Australia properly without using a VPN router, MotoGP is the best package by far, all of the sessions live if you want plus the commentators actually know what they are talking about. Supercross this year was killing me when they would cross to ricky charmicheal... can ride a bike but jeez "yeah were gonna see some ruts forming in these corners tonight" wow! such insight... MXGP TV is next best package, as many races as you can watch in a weekend and now Jeff Emig is helping old mate british what his face out with the commentating its so much better, that guy was a pain to listen to when he gets on a roll with one of his favourite british riders doing well in the race *cough* Ben Watson *cough*... NBC gold is good but could be better, Langston can stay he's on the ball with a lot of what he says.
7/12/2017 6:28am
Slosh 112 wrote:
NBC would be good if you could get it in Australia properly without using a VPN router, MotoGP is the best package by far, all of...
NBC would be good if you could get it in Australia properly without using a VPN router, MotoGP is the best package by far, all of the sessions live if you want plus the commentators actually know what they are talking about. Supercross this year was killing me when they would cross to ricky charmicheal... can ride a bike but jeez "yeah were gonna see some ruts forming in these corners tonight" wow! such insight... MXGP TV is next best package, as many races as you can watch in a weekend and now Jeff Emig is helping old mate british what his face out with the commentating its so much better, that guy was a pain to listen to when he gets on a roll with one of his favourite british riders doing well in the race *cough* Ben Watson *cough*... NBC gold is good but could be better, Langston can stay he's on the ball with a lot of what he says.
Jeff Emig was a 2 GP deal, he won't be there for the rest of the season, only the MXON's. I don't really think Malin is bias towards the British riders, if any rider that wouldn't normally be near the front, he shows a keen interest.

Not sure about Langston tbh. I feel he's forgotten he had to come through Europe to get where he is today. He doesn't seem that clued up on the riders. I remember when it was announced that Jeffrey Herlings was gonna ride Southwick then he ended up breaking his leg. Langston didn't even know his name, called him Jeremy Herrins or something like that. Weedge had to correct him.

Post a reply to: MXGP TV

The Latest