MXoN, Aust 4th ....... Chad who?

10/7/2018 3:01pm
Awesome ride from Lawrence, Mitch & Kirk, had me on the edge of my seat :-)
|
10/7/2018 3:02pm
I think it's probably Ferris that they might have missed.

Chad doesn't race MX. He has nothing to complain about.
struth
10/7/2018 3:12pm
Um with Chad or metty or def Ferris we would of podium today, kibbs was wrong choice
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
10/7/2018 3:16pm
Lawrence carried that team
How does a 250 rider woop both our 450 guys?

I would of have Metcalf and Reed for this year knowing its on US soil. and for it to turn out to be a bit of a mud race. Both them fellas can swing off a bike in the mud.

Gibbs 33rd was a real sting. but solid effort though. i think the aussie have had a decent year with the juniors and the big boys.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
Would have been interesting to have Reed with these conditions.

I was thinking Evans would be the weak link, but he rode amazing

The Shop

struth wrote:
Um with Chad or metty or def Ferris we would of podium today, kibbs was wrong choice
I don't see Chad doing any better than them considering he hasn't raced MX in years and the other AMA riders got dunked on.
Tim271
Fantasy
4336th
Great result for the aussies but I reckon would of been on the podium with reed or ferris instead of Gibbs, he just hadn’t had much race time after injury

fanger
10/7/2018 3:19pm
Yeah sending Gibbs didn’t make much sense.

Imagine if Ferris and Beaton could have went.
10/7/2018 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 3:23pm
Nah Chad would have been down the field with the US riders ;-) Maybe Ferris would have done better than Gibbs but he hurt his back anyway and couldn't have gone even if he was picked.
jemcee
10/7/2018 3:28pm
Nah Chad would have been down the field with the US riders ;-) Maybe Ferris would have done better than Gibbs but he hurt his back...
Nah Chad would have been down the field with the US riders ;-) Maybe Ferris would have done better than Gibbs but he hurt his back anyway and couldn't have gone even if he was picked.
Nah Gibbs hurt his back, Ferris knocked himself out and injured a lung at the first SX but he was never gonna go cause MA (stupidly) put a SX on the same weekend and Dean was contracted to ride it..

Oh and I agree about Chad not doing any better
agn5009
10/7/2018 3:40pm
If Ferris had been there over Gibbs they most likely would have been at least 3rd.
jemcee
10/7/2018 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 3:51pm
fanger wrote:

Next year could be excellent!
Hunter, Ferris, Beaton.. Maybe even Jett Lawrence
Hopefully some good years comin for Aus
Edit Just remembered Jett won an EMX moto at Assen this year
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
10/7/2018 3:51pm
Good result for the team, hopefully now we will never have to send Gibbs again
MX690
10/7/2018 3:58pm
4th OA was a pretty good result, better than I was expecting, I don't think they would have done any better with Reed or Metty there. Great job guys.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
10/7/2018 4:04pm
Ferris, and the Lawrence brothers. 2019.

depending on the year.. Hunter might want to take the week off after MX national season and prep for supercross.
let the little bro Jett step in for 19 and have a go!

either way! fast riders from aussie coming through! even after the world Juniors effort.
jemcee
10/7/2018 4:54pm
My mate who is over there just told me that Evans blew his spokes out on the leap on the last lap..
What's the bet he just wanted to jump it at least once haha
struth
10/7/2018 4:56pm
struth wrote:
I don't see Chad doing any better than them considering he hasn't raced MX in years and the other AMA riders got dunked on.
Got 5th in moto this year
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
10/7/2018 4:56pm
so we have

- Hunter
- Jett
- Jedd
- Ferris
- Evens

Plenty of young guys coming through who shined at the world mini's.
Next Des Nations is at the Famous sand track. Will be interesting.
JB479
10/7/2018 5:00pm
We always lose it in the last moto. Byrner needs to put hunter on a 450 next year and send jett on a 250 considering his emx Assen performance. Hes no slouch in sand and probably weighs less then prado. Then either beaton or ferris. Evans was a high suprise me today. Look at the names he finished around. Most people wouldnt even have heard of him.
10/7/2018 5:27pm
JB479 wrote:
We always lose it in the last moto. Byrner needs to put hunter on a 450 next year and send jett on a 250 considering his...
We always lose it in the last moto. Byrner needs to put hunter on a 450 next year and send jett on a 250 considering his emx Assen performance. Hes no slouch in sand and probably weighs less then prado. Then either beaton or ferris. Evans was a high suprise me today. Look at the names he finished around. Most people wouldnt even have heard of him.
Evans went down in the last few laps on the 3rd moto it looked like. Was in 10th and then ended up losing 4 or so positions. Was pumped he rode good, team was criticised heaps for not including Reed.
cbuehler767
10/7/2018 5:37pm
Evans rips! Had to look up who the hell he was in the program. As for Lawrence Idk seems like I was watching next yrs National champ today
jeffro503
10/7/2018 5:42pm
fanger wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Next year could be excellent! Hunter, Ferris, Beaton.. Maybe even Jett Lawrence Hopefully some good years comin for Aus Edit Just remembered Jett won an EMX...
Tell ya what Jem.....when I knew the USA was out of it , I was cheering hard for team AUS to get up on that box! You guy's did great today!
mxgoon
10/7/2018 5:50pm
Great result for team Aus. Congrats to all involved.

What a pity we missed a chance to send of an Aussie legend.
mxb2
10/7/2018 5:55pm
struth wrote:
struth wrote:
Got 5th in moto this year
Reed wdnt finish top 20 at glen helen, 100 degrees. Mud races are a crap shoot. Most top dudes still finish well. Then you have some out of the ordinary rides. Reed at ironmanm
jemcee
10/7/2018 5:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Tell ya what Jem.....when I knew the USA was out of it , I was cheering hard for team AUS to get up on that box...
Tell ya what Jem.....when I knew the USA was out of it , I was cheering hard for team AUS to get up on that box! You guy's did great today!
haha I actually think there was a bit of that goin around! Everyone wanted to see the Aussie battlers get themselves up there.. We were close but ah well wasn't to be! I'm sure it won't dampen the after party haha
CPR
10/7/2018 9:48pm
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and Reed is good in the wet and consistent, smoking his clutch would have been the biggest worry. Either way they both would have finished higher than Gibbs. Gibbs did well last year but was a poor choice because of injury time off. Evans did awesome considering his lack of experience and Lawrence is world class all the way! Sadly MXdN always seems to be a 'what could have been' story for Aus.
lestat
10/7/2018 9:58pm
Aus is looking great in the near future at this race .
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
10/7/2018 9:58pm
I think Metty is probably the one who was most hard done by with the team selection. You have to think that he would've been able to out think and experience his way around for a couple of top 10 rides in the slop. But who knows, he may not have gotten a good bike and he may have blown it up. You never know.

Proud of the results the boys put in, and couldnt be more pumped for Hunter Lawrence. He copped a bit of flack for poor results and not living up to last years expectations, but he grows another leg at the MXdN and isnt scared by the big occasion.
PJRAUS
10/8/2018 12:59am
CPR wrote:
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and...
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and Reed is good in the wet and consistent, smoking his clutch would have been the biggest worry. Either way they both would have finished higher than Gibbs. Gibbs did well last year but was a poor choice because of injury time off. Evans did awesome considering his lack of experience and Lawrence is world class all the way! Sadly MXdN always seems to be a 'what could have been' story for Aus.
I just think it's a bit of a lottery in the, mud, with the exception of next level guys like Herlings...Coldenhoff too really.
Ferris was our worst performer with a totally shit day last year and Gibbs did great..who can really say we would have done better if we had Ferris rather than Gibbs?
I think Gibbs had enough training and riding in after injury...bet anything you like Gibbs wouldn't be using his injury as an excuse for a bad weekend, just how it went.
I feel sorry for the Netherlands, they deserved to win and were best on the day...just shitty luck again.
Really sick of the Reed fan boys and their shit...Reed was great...but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time...wasnt perhaps the best team possible due to injured riders, but a lot of teams were in that boat.
Congrats to France, congrats to goiter Paulan ..spelled wrong no doubt, what a great and gutsy team captain!
CPR
10/8/2018 2:24am
CPR wrote:
Put Ferris or Reed in instead of Gibbs and we would have been on the box easy. Ferris would have been top 10 for sure and...
PJRAUS wrote:
I just think it's a bit of a lottery in the, mud, with the exception of next level guys like Herlings...Coldenhoff too really. Ferris was our...
I just think it's a bit of a lottery in the, mud, with the exception of next level guys like Herlings...Coldenhoff too really.
Ferris was our worst performer with a totally shit day last year and Gibbs did great..who can really say we would have done better if we had Ferris rather than Gibbs?
I think Gibbs had enough training and riding in after injury...bet anything you like Gibbs wouldn't be using his injury as an excuse for a bad weekend, just how it went.
I feel sorry for the Netherlands, they deserved to win and were best on the day...just shitty luck again.
Really sick of the Reed fan boys and their shit...Reed was great...but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time...wasnt perhaps the best team possible due to injured riders, but a lot of teams were in that boat.
Congrats to France, congrats to goiter Paulan ..spelled wrong no doubt, what a great and gutsy team captain!
"but they chose the team on who was doing well at the time..." Then why did they choose Gibbs? He hadn't competed in the MX Nats since May.
Jrewing
10/8/2018 2:42am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 2:47am
fanger wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Next year could be excellent! Hunter, Ferris, Beaton.. Maybe even Jett Lawrence Hopefully some good years comin for Aus Edit Just remembered Jett won an EMX...
jeffro503 wrote:
Tell ya what Jem.....when I knew the USA was out of it , I was cheering hard for team AUS to get up on that box...
I’d buy you a beer!

Evans crash at the end didn’t affect our results. If it’s true he did it last lap on the leap, well, what a legend
I was proud as watching

Post a reply to: MXoN, Aust 4th ....... Chad who?

The Latest