Make Des-Nations relevant again.

Motodave15
8/17/2017 11:15am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 12:49pm
Hypothetically instead of Des-nations being a pissing match between who's the best, for the Chamberlin trophy.
I think to gather more buzz and excitement for it, It should be the biggest payday out of all the series etc.

Say: 10mil

If they were to announce that the top 3 teams between the 3 riders could pocket, 1.5 Million each to the winning riders (not including their sponsors and teams etc).... and then such and such down the line. I bet you would have alot more riders and teams wanting to go.

Where the money would come from? Idk use the bernie sanders approach lol
|
tcallahan707
8/17/2017 11:23am
Let's just make 40th place at a national pay $20mil. And let's make Hogwarts real. While we are at it, might as well make Jennifer Aniston my new nanny. Ok go!
Motofinne
8/17/2017 11:25am
MXdN is very, very relevant.

Biggest race of the year.
Motodave15
8/17/2017 11:32am
Motofinne wrote:

you would think so, I feel people outside of the USA are more inclined to be excited for their countries to compete.
the people i talk to about moto feel like des-nations is meh.... and that the MEC cup is more important based on $$$ alone.
mx617
8/17/2017 11:35am
Motofinne wrote:

Motodave15 wrote:
you would think so, I feel people outside of the USA are more inclined to be excited for their countries to compete. the people i talk...
you would think so, I feel people outside of the USA are more inclined to be excited for their countries to compete.
the people i talk to about moto feel like des-nations is meh.... and that the MEC cup is more important based on $$$ alone.
Cause Americans are greedy bastards who only care about moneyEvil

But really I think it's more that most of the Western world is interested in other countries and people, where Americans tend to be more internally focussed. MXdN is still my favourite race of the year. Looks like so much fun and excitement. And always good racing.

The Shop

Zaugg
8/17/2017 11:35am
The amount of time and effort to race overseas is pretty high for the US team. Its a great event no doubt but not at the expense of racing here in the US and fulfilling obligations to sponsors.

If MXdN was in the US every year and the MXGP riders raced as many races as the US riders, you'd no doubt see some of the top GP guys skip this race.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
8/17/2017 11:38am
It is pretty darn relevant bro

8/17/2017 11:40am
Motodave15 wrote:
Hypothetically instead of Des-nations being a pissing match between who's the best, for the Chamberlin trophy. I think to gather more buzz and excitement for it...
Hypothetically instead of Des-nations being a pissing match between who's the best, for the Chamberlin trophy.
I think to gather more buzz and excitement for it, It should be the biggest payday out of all the series etc.

Say: 10mil

If they were to announce that the top 3 teams between the 3 riders could pocket, 1.5 Million each to the winning riders (not including their sponsors and teams etc).... and then such and such down the line. I bet you would have alot more riders and teams wanting to go.

Where the money would come from? Idk use the bernie sanders approach lol
I'm not sure that changing it from a pissing match between who's the best to who's the richest adds relevance.

It's a race not a wealth creation scheme.
Rowlands
8/17/2017 11:43am
It should be Euro's vs America

Top 5 from each class of both series 3 moto's who wins ?
Titan1
8/17/2017 11:46am
The MXdN won't be relevant in America again until America starts winning it again.

Personally, I'm over the event (if they had it every 4 years...that would make it far more interesting to me, but every year...I think I've just become desensitized to the "greatness" of the event because we see it so often)...but American fan interest only started falling when America started losing.
Titan1
8/17/2017 11:47am
Rowlands wrote:

Oh, so you mean AMA vs GP?

Lots of the top 5 in America aren't American...and I'd say one top five MX2 rider isn't European.

But I think that would be awesome!
Motofinne
8/17/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 11:50am
Rowlands wrote:

Meh...

I think the format is fine. The entertainment that MXdN provides is unmatched in the MX/SX world. No need to change it.

And that would remove the country part of the race, not a good move.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
8/17/2017 11:52am
Rowlands wrote:

Who wins?
MX2: America
MXGP: Europe
RG1
8/17/2017 11:53am
Rowlands wrote:

No it shouldn't, it should be the best from each country, racing for their country like it is now. I go every year to support Team GB and thousands of other fans travel to support their nations also, that's what makes it so great and so unique.

This race is still very relevant, adding a huge amount of is very unlikely to begin with, but I also don't think it would add any interest from a fans point of view. I couldn't give a shit who wins Monster Cup, even with a million on the line
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/17/2017 12:03pm
Its relevent to the core mx fans just like the ama nationals are. Sx bros may not care and some team members may see it as a burden, but plenty of people look forward to it. That said its just disappointing to not send a real A-team for almost 10 years. That, and losing has caused enthusiasm to wain.
Forty
8/17/2017 12:03pm
The Monster Cup lmfao

djc
8/17/2017 12:15pm
I don't understand this supposed loss of interest in the event The fact that other countries are better actually makes me more interested in the event.
Rowlands
8/17/2017 12:35pm
RG1 wrote:
No it shouldn't, it should be the best from each country, racing for their country like it is now. I go every year to support Team...
No it shouldn't, it should be the best from each country, racing for their country like it is now. I go every year to support Team GB and thousands of other fans travel to support their nations also, that's what makes it so great and so unique.

This race is still very relevant, adding a huge amount of is very unlikely to begin with, but I also don't think it would add any interest from a fans point of view. I couldn't give a shit who wins Monster Cup, even with a million on the line
Yeah I agree with you, I think the MXDN is the best meeting of the whole year.

AMA vs GP would be cool as a one off race though. Of course it will never happen as the current schedule is already to demanding on the riders.

Crusty- yes but when you start adding points into the equation I doubt the scores would be a tie Tongue
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
8/17/2017 12:39pm
Rowlands wrote:

what about australia, New Zealand, South Africa, who have all podium ed at the des nations, let alone Japan, and other counties that travel every year to be involved, ,

there is no problem with riders not wanting to compete outside of the US series, which is much longer with more races and more travel than any other series,

the MXdN is fine and very well supported, but the promoters and energy drink companies are expecting too many races a year out of the riders,
FlaNard
8/17/2017 12:39pm
Nah. We just need another guy like RC. I seem to remember that the interest of the MXDN was diminished in the US before RC made people give a shit again. A guy like that, who was the leader, who thrived on the role, and wanted to prove that he was the best in the world is what we need again. He inspired other racers to give a shit because it mattered to him.
philG
8/17/2017 1:01pm
Sing when your winning, you only sing when your winning.. sing when your wiiinnning..

You cant muster a team of fucking 3 , what hope do you have of finding 20 .

Do you only have the Superbowl every 4 years , or the World Series (not really the world) .. no.

Its an annual event, its been held for 70 years , and just cos you cant get riders to MTFU and do it , doesnt make it any less relevant .

Tell the 50,000 fans that will be there it isnt relevant
IceMan446
8/17/2017 1:03pm
philG wrote:
Sing when your winning, you only sing when your winning.. sing when your wiiinnning.. You cant muster a team of fucking 3 , what hope do...
Sing when your winning, you only sing when your winning.. sing when your wiiinnning..

Do you only have the Superbowl every 4 years , or the World Series (not really the world) .. no.

Its an annual event, its been held for 70 years , and just cos you cant get riders to MTFU and do it , doesnt make it any less relevant .

Start having it in the US every other year and see how much the GP riders and teams bitch about going due to travel and the money spent to make the race.

Yep
8/17/2017 1:04pm
When you haven't touched the Chamberlain Trophy in years it becomes irrelevant.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
8/17/2017 1:05pm
All they have to do is make it in early September instead of October. I'm sure Eli would've gone if it wasn't so long after the end of our nationals.
8/17/2017 1:09pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
All they have to do is make it in early September instead of October. I'm sure Eli would've gone if it wasn't so long after the...
All they have to do is make it in early September instead of October. I'm sure Eli would've gone if it wasn't so long after the end of our nationals.
Or maybe having the nationals finishing later?
JRT812
8/17/2017 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2017 1:11pm
philG wrote:
Sing when your winning, you only sing when your winning.. sing when your wiiinnning.. You cant muster a team of fucking 3 , what hope do...

Now phil.... stop with the nonsense. Just because some moan on here about riders such as Tomac not racing doesn't mean we can't get riders to MTFU. We "mustered" 3 and proud of the 3 we are sending. A ton of our guys are hurt and/or like in Tomac's case, dude wants a break. He is initialed to make that American land of the free Red White &and Blue decision.

Edit - the race is relevant over here
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/17/2017 1:16pm
philG wrote:

Because Tomac dosent want to go and guys are getting surgerys that means we can barely muster a team of 3?
Rowlands
8/17/2017 1:17pm
philG wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:
Start having it in the US every other year and see how much the GP riders and teams bitch about going due to travel and the...
Start having it in the US every other year and see how much the GP riders and teams bitch about going due to travel and the money spent to make the race.

Like the USGP and the races in Mexico and Argentina they go to every year without bitching ?
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/17/2017 1:17pm
Yep wrote:
When you haven't touched the Chamberlain Trophy in years it becomes irrelevant.
Must only be relevant to the French then.
IceMan446
8/17/2017 1:18pm
philG wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:
Start having it in the US every other year and see how much the GP riders and teams bitch about going due to travel and the...

Rowlands wrote:
Like the USGP and the races in Mexico and Argentina they go to every year without bitching ?
You mean the races they are being PAID to go to???

Oh yeah those races.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
8/17/2017 1:20pm
philG wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

Rowlands wrote:
So that's the same as a MxDN? Races your contracted to race, they shouldn't bitch it's the series they are paid to race.

Post a reply to: Make Des-Nations relevant again.

The Latest