Make moto great again!

parks387
Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 6:27am
Change.org petition to remove the fim and WADA from the AMA.https://chn.ge/2KthAs2

|
parks387
5/15/2018 1:59pm
That’s not the attitude we’re after here Mav...also better than doing nothing at all.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/15/2018 2:03pm
Look I'm all for removing them from the AMA but signing that won't change a thing just like it didn't change anything in regards to 2 strokes.

Just being realistic.
parks387
5/15/2018 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 2:10pm
What was* the petition for 2 smokes and how many signatures did it get?

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/15/2018 2:12pm
I can't remember but there's a poster on here that has a link in his signature for a petition in regards to 2 strokes and equal displacement.
Fraser
5/15/2018 2:15pm
Make Moto great again by allowing drug cheats to take whatever they like. How’s that going to work then?
parks387
5/15/2018 2:30pm
That’s a pretty ignorant and blatant statement. Yes there should be drug testing. No, a guy shouldn’t have his career ruined for something that can’t be proved to be anything but a one time occurrence. My main gripe is the process/protocol that has to be followed. It’s basically a career ending action just to be accused.
Fraser
5/15/2018 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 2:54pm
Ignorant? I don’t think so. I’ve spent a lot more time trawling through mx drug test information than most over the last few years. Your position is what gets said every time a US athlete fails a test. Thing is what you get with WADA is fair testing across all sports. They don’t give a damn what country or sport is involved. They don’t set the bans, but will appeal if the FIM are too lenient. If you want US mx/sx to have any credibility as far as drug testing / clean athletes then surely you need to work to the same rules as other sports worldwide? If you say that’s not fair and US riders need more lenient penalties, then that’s a slippery slope towards more drug use in the US mx scene than other parts of the world. You can’t expect to race the MXDN with a different set of rules to the rest of the world..
Fraser
5/15/2018 3:15pm
parks387 wrote:
That’s a pretty ignorant and blatant statement. Yes there should be drug testing. No, a guy shouldn’t have his career ruined for something that can’t be...
That’s a pretty ignorant and blatant statement. Yes there should be drug testing. No, a guy shouldn’t have his career ruined for something that can’t be proved to be anything but a one time occurrence. My main gripe is the process/protocol that has to be followed. It’s basically a career ending action just to be accused.
Career ending just to be accused? It’s not just being accused though is it? Failing an A and B test is scientific evidence. You may or may not be able to explain how that happened, but it’s not innocent until proven guilty. With failed drug tests it’s always guilty unless you can come up with a plausible excuse for failing..
Johnny Depp
5/15/2018 6:40pm
Fraser wrote:
Ignorant? I don’t think so. I’ve spent a lot more time trawling through mx drug test information than most over the last few years. Your position...
Ignorant? I don’t think so. I’ve spent a lot more time trawling through mx drug test information than most over the last few years. Your position is what gets said every time a US athlete fails a test. Thing is what you get with WADA is fair testing across all sports. They don’t give a damn what country or sport is involved. They don’t set the bans, but will appeal if the FIM are too lenient. If you want US mx/sx to have any credibility as far as drug testing / clean athletes then surely you need to work to the same rules as other sports worldwide? If you say that’s not fair and US riders need more lenient penalties, then that’s a slippery slope towards more drug use in the US mx scene than other parts of the world. You can’t expect to race the MXDN with a different set of rules to the rest of the world..
Like France?
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
5/15/2018 10:07pm
Signed the petition, and left a comment. Let's fix this.
gnarwhip
5/15/2018 10:11pm
I took adderall one time in college and wrote three papers in one night. If you think drugs are "cool" in moto, you're high. Tickle got caught, get over it.
Fraser
5/15/2018 11:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 11:05pm
So you know exactly what he took then? You might want to tell him as he doesn’t seem to.. in MXGP you’re confusing the FIM with Youthstream. The FIM are just the sanctioning body like the AMA. Youthstream run the events and make the money. MXGP could definitely use more riders, but that’s got nothing to do with drugs in MX
So if the FIM had not signed with WADA and motocross riders around the world could freely take whatever PEDs they liked, how would that be a good thing?
make1go
5/15/2018 11:28pm
gnarwhip wrote:
I took adderall one time in college and wrote three papers in one night. If you think drugs are "cool" in moto, you're high. Tickle got...
I took adderall one time in college and wrote three papers in one night. If you think drugs are "cool" in moto, you're high. Tickle got caught, get over it.
hope they failed your papers cause in your book you cheated or you just like hypocracy? dont comeback with blah rules blah you are a hypocrite.
make1go
5/15/2018 11:30pm
Fraser wrote:
So you know exactly what he took then? You might want to tell him as he doesn’t seem to.. in MXGP you’re confusing the FIM with...
So you know exactly what he took then? You might want to tell him as he doesn’t seem to.. in MXGP you’re confusing the FIM with Youthstream. The FIM are just the sanctioning body like the AMA. Youthstream run the events and make the money. MXGP could definitely use more riders, but that’s got nothing to do with drugs in MX
So if the FIM had not signed with WADA and motocross riders around the world could freely take whatever PEDs they liked, how would that be a good thing?
you mean like 10 or 15 yrs ago?
Fraser
5/16/2018 12:59am
Yeah, some interesting points there. The FIM do seem to sit back and let Youthstream run it however they see fit.

As for signing with WADA, what other options as a world governing body would they have? WADA and CAS try to make suspensions and drug bans uniform across all sports for similar offences.That's probably the only way they could do it. Can you imagine the constant uproar and litigation if they imposed different penalties for different sports, based on career length, fan pressure etc? It would be impossible.

Just because something is on sale at GNC does not mean its legal to use in Pro sports. Just because its on sale at GNC also doesn't mean it couldn't enhance performance. Its always the athlete's responsibility to check what they've taken.
Johnny Depp
5/16/2018 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 4:13pm
If they can't catch Lance Armstrong without someone ratting him out, it's a waste of time. No one needs to make a show of trying to be a clean sport, because there is no such thing.
FroDiddy
5/16/2018 4:26pm
If they can't catch Lance Armstrong without someone ratting him out, it's a waste of time. No one needs to make a show of trying to...
If they can't catch Lance Armstrong without someone ratting him out, it's a waste of time. No one needs to make a show of trying to be a clean sport, because there is no such thing.
Very few people in the world have the resources and backing that Lance had with his blood doping program.
5/16/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 5:55pm
Who still drinks the 40-rider Kool-Aid? American motocross gets a "full gate" by allowing 15 or so rank amateurs to join the professionals. It adds nothing -- zero -- and it amazes me that people still fall for it.

What other sport works like this? It'd be like the New York Yankees carrying 15 players (rather than 25), then every time they visit a city they'd hold tryouts to fill out the roster. Seriously. Just like that.

Youth Stream made a decision that they want to build a series around factory teams and well-financed private teams. A professional series. Like MotoGP. Like F1. Like the rest of the fucking sports world. American motocross can't seem to let go of the county fair.

Johnny Depp
5/16/2018 6:00pm
Nice comment Average Joe:
"Even look at the track prep here...rutcross in the outdoors, and SX tracks that take out 20 riders a season. I can't think of anything that is better in the sport since they took the reigns. "

Point nicely made Brownstone322:
:What other sport works like this? It'd be like the New York Yankees carrying 15 players (rather than 25), then every time they visit a city they'd hold tryouts to fill out the roster. Seriously. Just like that.

Youth Stream made a decision that they want to build a series around factory teams and well-financed private teams. A professional series. Like MotoGP. Like F1. Like the rest of the fucking sports world. American motocross can't seem to let go of the county fair."
jeffro503
5/16/2018 8:37pm
Who still drinks the 40-rider Kool-Aid? American motocross gets a "full gate" by allowing 15 or so rank amateurs to join the professionals. It adds nothing...
Who still drinks the 40-rider Kool-Aid? American motocross gets a "full gate" by allowing 15 or so rank amateurs to join the professionals. It adds nothing -- zero -- and it amazes me that people still fall for it.

What other sport works like this? It'd be like the New York Yankees carrying 15 players (rather than 25), then every time they visit a city they'd hold tryouts to fill out the roster. Seriously. Just like that.

Youth Stream made a decision that they want to build a series around factory teams and well-financed private teams. A professional series. Like MotoGP. Like F1. Like the rest of the fucking sports world. American motocross can't seem to let go of the county fair.

Soooo......much stupid in this post. Haha!
BernieMadof
5/17/2018 6:27am
Fail a drug test at work and see how well that works out for you.

Post a reply to: Make moto great again!

The Latest