Malcolm Stewart Privateer effort?

Brandon_Lake
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2020 12:31pm
If you check out @malcolmstewart Instagram account it looks like Malcolm is no longer with MotoConcepts and he might be on a Kawi for 2021 SX season.

I thought MotoConcepts and Malcolm was such a good fit since he does not have any plans to do outdoors anymore even though he said he wanted to if a team give him a fill in ride.

I understand his loyalty to James gear brand but it’s hurting his chance being on a team. I’m sure his big brother will understand if he wore other gear in order to get a ride with a team I’m sure he does not want to see Malcolm struggle.
|
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
9/8/2020 9:00am
Yeah i saw that too. If you look closely, that bike is actually just a black and mint green Honda.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
9/8/2020 9:03am
I think Malcolm is a great rider, but why do they continue to have issues either getting or keeping a ride?

Something tells me the Stewart's bring this on themselves somehow.
9/8/2020 9:06am
mxrose3 wrote:
Yeah i saw that too. If you look closely, that bike is actually just a black and mint green Honda.
no, it's 100% a Kawi
rdrurypi
9/8/2020 9:07am
mxrose3 wrote:
It’s the 2017 Kawasaki 450 that he was going to race coming into the 450 class.

The Shop

debun
Fantasy
21st
9/8/2020 9:40am
Is he planning to do some nationals or is he just using for training?
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/8/2020 9:53am
I was going to say he might be training for some overseas SX, but doubtful that they take place or have American riders.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
9/8/2020 10:03am
I think their “management” and business Bro’s have hampered a lot of deals for him over the years.....
rdrurypi
9/8/2020 10:08am
I was wondering if he had the chance at the Gas Gas ride, would he race outdoors and run TLD gear? He may be running out of options and he isn’t getting any younger.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
9/8/2020 10:15am
mxrose3 wrote:
no, it's 100% a Kawi
sorry, was looking at the wrong pic
davistld01
9/8/2020 10:51am
mx 219 wrote:
I think Malcolm is a great rider, but why do they continue to have issues either getting or keeping a ride? Something tells me the Stewart's...
I think Malcolm is a great rider, but why do they continue to have issues either getting or keeping a ride?

Something tells me the Stewart's bring this on themselves somehow.
I've heard that a lot of that is because if you get Mookie, you also get Big James. I was a huge James Stewart fanboy, but that came up more than a few times as a reason some teams didn't want to sign James. Big James is a doting father to his boys...and he loves them, but it sounds like he kinda tries to run the show.
Handy_andy_85
Fantasy
1437th
9/8/2020 10:58am
Maybe he is just warming up for some team try outs? Probably going for the Honda ride against Keefer and Mathes.
bh
9/8/2020 11:14am
Looks like it’s a leftover from whenever he was putting his own deal together. Maybe what he would have rode if he didn’t fill in at jgr.
OLDMOTO
9/8/2020 11:23am
More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer deal on Kawasaki. Suddenly he won't take a deal because of gear, he won't ride outdoors and nobody will hire him because of his daddy. How do you know anything about the Stewart family's personal management? Have you ever had in depth conversation with any member of the Stewart families? Do you know that no one has offered him a deal? Do you know specifically what deal he has with Seven gear? Money is tight in moto racing. The season isn't over yet and next season may have problems.
tek14
9/8/2020 11:54am
Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal?
Or this is just Seven PR and he is riding blue bike without anyone filming it yet.
Rickyisms
9/8/2020 11:58am
rdrurypi wrote:
I was wondering if he had the chance at the Gas Gas ride, would he race outdoors and run TLD gear? He may be running out...
I was wondering if he had the chance at the Gas Gas ride, would he race outdoors and run TLD gear? He may be running out of options and he isn’t getting any younger.
I don't see him leaving seven.
Brandon_Lake
9/8/2020 12:11pm
tek14 wrote:
Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal? Or this is just...
Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal?
Or this is just Seven PR and he is riding blue bike without anyone filming it yet.
We’re is this done deal with star coming from? I only heard it on vital forum no we’re else. Also if you go to Steve Mathews Twitter and the way he talks it sounds like that deal feel through.
mb60
9/8/2020 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 12:24pm
Well if Yamaha resigned Barcia then Mookie will not be doing Yamahas
JWACK
9/8/2020 6:05pm
Looks like the newest gen Dunlop front tire to me.
dkurtd
9/8/2020 7:39pm
tek14 wrote:
Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal? Or this is just...
We’re is this done deal with star coming from? I only heard it on vital forum no we’re else. Also if you go to Steve Mathews...
We’re is this done deal with star coming from? I only heard it on vital forum no we’re else. Also if you go to Steve Mathews Twitter and the way he talks it sounds like that deal feel through.
I don't like being the English police but your response is painful to read. It's WHERE not WE'RE and FELL not FEEL. And who is this Steve Mathews guy you speak of?
xrmark
9/8/2020 7:53pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer...
More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer deal on Kawasaki. Suddenly he won't take a deal because of gear, he won't ride outdoors and nobody will hire him because of his daddy. How do you know anything about the Stewart family's personal management? Have you ever had in depth conversation with any member of the Stewart families? Do you know that no one has offered him a deal? Do you know specifically what deal he has with Seven gear? Money is tight in moto racing. The season isn't over yet and next season may have problems.
It’s not and old picture though lol look at the gear and helmet. Unless shoei and 7 made that set up 3 years ago and only let mookie wear it to post an Instagram pic years later. I agree with some of your post. But a lot of what your questioning is pretty well known knowledge. But thanks for pointing out that moto is expensive and the season isn’t over yet haha
OLDMOTO
9/8/2020 8:50pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer...
xrmark wrote:
It’s not and old picture though lol look at the gear and helmet. Unless shoei and 7 made that set up 3 years ago and only...
It’s not and old picture though lol look at the gear and helmet. Unless shoei and 7 made that set up 3 years ago and only let mookie wear it to post an Instagram pic years later. I agree with some of your post. But a lot of what your questioning is pretty well known knowledge. But thanks for pointing out that moto is expensive and the season isn’t over yet haha
In the image he is sitting on a 2017 KX450F. The gear may be new and the photo more recent but nothing in my statement is inaccurate. There have been no announcements of a privateer team that I have seen.
When did Malcolm state what he is doing next season?
How is it known that he is going privateer on a Kawasaki? Where did this information originate?
He turned down offers because of the gear, what offer and from who?
He turned down a ride outdoors? Who offered it to him and when?
How is it known that his father is preventing him from obtaining a contract? Again where and when did this information originate?
What is the source of the inside information on the Stewart family?
What does his contract with Seven state?
Money and rides are tight in this sport. There are going to be good riders out of a job at the end of this season.
The outcome of this season will have an effect on signings.
Next year may be abbreviated, rescheduled or God forbid be canceled. It still remains to be seen.
Rumors, wishes and opinions are not facts.
Roczen hasn't announced he's retiring or taking next season off. He said he's skipping this outdoors for his health and the birth of his baby.
Nobody knows yet where Barcia is going maybe not even Barcia, its speculation.
McElrath has stated he does not have a deal for the 450s and said nothing else.
No one knows whats going on in Tomacs brain other than Eli and perhaps his inner circle.
Dungey hasn't told anyone publicly he's going to race again.
KTM, GasGas, Troy Lee, RMATV, Yamaha and Star haven't announced anything. Here again its people being wishful, hopeful, expressing opinion or repeating rumors.
Flatliner
9/8/2020 9:05pm
Man , I get why people are quite vocal and loyal fans of his but geeez. At what point do results matter?
mb60
9/8/2020 9:24pm
I.m trying to figure out where all the vital insiders are from last week. Barcia on Gas Gas and Mookie on Yamaha done deal they said. LOL
Brandon_Lake
9/8/2020 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2020 10:12pm
The only thing that looks like a done deal as far as Yamaha is concern is AP and Dylan Ferrandis on the team. Barcia is still questionable wether he is going stay with the team or not and that puts Malcolm out of a ride. Silly season has been awful quite so far. By now we would know who sign with who, but I guess that is 2020 for you. One thing I don’t get is if Malcolm does get a ride with Yamaha why is it sx only. Do they have a 250 guy they want to put on his bike for outdoors.

Post a reply to: Malcolm Stewart Privateer effort?

The Latest