Marv Boo’d on the Podium

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/27/2018 4:02am
You can't cure stupid. But occasionally you can hear it.
5/27/2018 4:55am
Don't want to be boo'd, don't do shit that'll get you boo'd. Lying to the entire sport on two different occasions isn't good business. If you think that doesn't affect his likability, you're wrong. Had a buddy over yesterday watching GH that has only seen a couple hand fulls of races. He told me that he doesn't like Marvin for the way he let Dungey by last year in SX. We all know that's just how it goes, but don't lie to the entire sport. Everybody can see you Marvin. We know what's going on.
Kawi15
5/27/2018 5:12am
I do not think anybody should be disrespecting anybody else like that. Even if we do not like them. I figure let the racers do what they do and settle what they need to settle. We get to watch.
Are you not entertained?

The Shop

Fourth_Floor
5/27/2018 5:18am
GuyB wrote:
This ^

level
5/27/2018 9:02am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 9:03am
I could understand if Marvin was a dirty rider or s douchebag but he’s not. He made one very aggressive pass that honestly happened more because tomac cut down on the line rather than riding the outside berm.
To me it seems more like a red neck race thing because he is not American. If he was American there would probably be no boos.
stewie94
5/27/2018 9:46am
if u payed ur ticket , cheer & booed who ever u want , who cares
tprice07
5/27/2018 10:02am
Marvin gets booed anytime he is in front of a crowd or mentioned. I don't agree with a lot of the things he has done because it shows a lack of integrity but he doesn't deserve to be booed for eternity.

He is also someone who, I imagine, takes that very personally. It is unfortunate, but, too many times he cut corners, played the corporate card, or just plain rode dirty. He needs to own those moments and say you know what...I'm out here to win and I am going to do whatever I can to do that. If you don't like it I'm sorry but I'm running out of time to get this done. People respect honesty. That's why Roczen and Reed have the most fans.
Spudinki25
5/27/2018 10:13am
milliebays wrote:
it's because he's not American AND didn't own it. for the second time, first being letting Dungey bye.

don't get it twisted.
The reason he let Dungey is because of team orders. Do you really think he wanted to miss out on 100k bonus and gain a bad rep from the crowd?
After E Rutherford you could see on the podium after the race when he took his helmet off he was mad at his team and questioning Frankie.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
5/27/2018 10:39am
GuyB wrote:
Stupid people tend to be the most vocal.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
5/27/2018 1:24pm
GuyB wrote:
colintrax wrote:
Stupid people tend to be the most vocal.
I blame the bud light
slipdog
5/27/2018 1:59pm
They were yelling "Boo-urns"
A lot of people at Vital don't usually get my sarcastic comments, I don't care because they're funny to me. You come into this otherwise boring thread and post that up and I'm over here like....

neverwas
Fantasy
868th
5/27/2018 2:23pm
The best post of this thread.
Not sure how many here got what you are getting at.
5/27/2018 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 2:26pm
It’s probably been said but I can’t understand the “musquin is a foreigner” thing. Loudest cheers I heard yesterday on my tv was for Kenny when he was leading.
RG1
5/27/2018 3:10pm
LaughingLaughingLaughing
FIREfish148
5/27/2018 3:42pm
How long has it been going on that French riders get booed? Did JMB used to get booed? I remember Pichone and Pourcel getting booed but not really any other riders. Too bad, Marv is one of my favorite riders. I always joke w/ people about him being from France and the rivalry but I would never ever boo him or any other rider for that matter. I mean, maybe Vince Friese but that's it.
jlchapman117
5/27/2018 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 4:30pm
bvm111 wrote:
Anyone that voted cool is douche nosel.
I think by “cool” people mean acceptable. The point of sports is for people to have an opinion about it. Just because you disagree with a...
I think by “cool” people mean acceptable. The point of sports is for people to have an opinion about it. Just because you disagree with a dislike for someone doesn’t make them wrong
bvm111 wrote:
Yeah I had that figured out... and if I disagree with them that absolutely means they are wrong, and a douche nozel. Booing is childish, disrespectful...
Yeah I had that figured out... and if I disagree with them that absolutely means they are wrong, and a douche nozel.

Booing is childish, disrespectful, borish behavior, period.
So in an event that it solely for entertainment, it’s not acceptable to let a rider (or team, how many of you have booed an opposing football/basketball team) know that you dislike things that they have done. It can even be as simple as someone beating your favorite rider. I would say that most of the people booing probably do not have a legitimate issue with the rider. I apparently missed the meeting where it was determined that booing actually meant you hated the person you were booing.
Don’t get me wrong, some people are definetly douchebags about it. But there’s nothing wrong with a little booing.
Listen to any mainstream sport when an opposing team walks into an arena. It’s exactly the same thing. It’s. It’s not that they actually hate the other team, they just want their team to do better.
5/27/2018 4:54pm
This is why if you want to race the best in the world it should be done on neutral ground, for instance a world championship in different countries. Not saying that the MXGP is not the fastest series in the world, but a lot of international riders run in to trouble in the USA when they start beating the locals. Just as the Americans would in Germany or France.
jeffro503
5/27/2018 5:10pm
I think by “cool” people mean acceptable. The point of sports is for people to have an opinion about it. Just because you disagree with a...
I think by “cool” people mean acceptable. The point of sports is for people to have an opinion about it. Just because you disagree with a dislike for someone doesn’t make them wrong
bvm111 wrote:
Yeah I had that figured out... and if I disagree with them that absolutely means they are wrong, and a douche nozel. Booing is childish, disrespectful...
Yeah I had that figured out... and if I disagree with them that absolutely means they are wrong, and a douche nozel.

Booing is childish, disrespectful, borish behavior, period.
So in an event that it solely for entertainment, it’s not acceptable to let a rider (or team, how many of you have booed an opposing...
So in an event that it solely for entertainment, it’s not acceptable to let a rider (or team, how many of you have booed an opposing football/basketball team) know that you dislike things that they have done. It can even be as simple as someone beating your favorite rider. I would say that most of the people booing probably do not have a legitimate issue with the rider. I apparently missed the meeting where it was determined that booing actually meant you hated the person you were booing.
Don’t get me wrong, some people are definetly douchebags about it. But there’s nothing wrong with a little booing.
Listen to any mainstream sport when an opposing team walks into an arena. It’s exactly the same thing. It’s. It’s not that they actually hate the other team, they just want their team to do better.
I see too many people that bring this argument to the table.......and it's incorrect.

Boo'ing a team in stick and ball sport's is usually because there is almost always a " home team " and "visitor team ".

In this sport......it is an individual ( the rider himself ) that is getting boo'ed. And what Bvm said above is correct. It's classless to do that in my eye's. Every single one of them dudes ride their asses off out there , weather they are going for a win , 10th , 20th....down to last. And not one single dude out there deserve's to get boo'ed , even if that rider is beating your favorite guy.

You don't have to cheer for the dude , but when you boo them , they hear it.....and it sucks! Marvin and his wife , moved their entire life to the states , to compete in our American series. There is something that can be said about that right there , wouldn't you think?
jeffro503
5/27/2018 5:13pm
This is why if you want to race the best in the world it should be done on neutral ground, for instance a world championship in...
This is why if you want to race the best in the world it should be done on neutral ground, for instance a world championship in different countries. Not saying that the MXGP is not the fastest series in the world, but a lot of international riders run in to trouble in the USA when they start beating the locals. Just as the Americans would in Germany or France.
France boo's the shit out of us. But why sink to that level here? And fwiw......when were in France , it's usually for something like the MXoN's.......which in all right's , is a team sport. Now that event.....yeah I could see boo'ing happening.
5/27/2018 5:14pm
This is why if you want to race the best in the world it should be done on neutral ground, for instance a world championship in...
I disagree, plenty of foreign riders have gone to the US and have been welcomed with open arms, including Marvin. I mean Marvin and Kenny both have been beating US riders since the day they stepped foot in America and it takes 8 years for people to start booing Marvin because of it? No he took a guy out after being passed clean, then lied about it and some people weren't happy about it and evidently still aren't. Plain and simple.

Also look at Ferrandis, he's beat American's plenty of times in the past two years and I don't think he gets boo'd. In fact I think most are pumped to have him in the US.
slipdog
5/27/2018 5:16pm
neverwas wrote:
Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one.

"Are you guys saying boo or boo-urns?"
BobKerr
5/27/2018 5:18pm
You can't fix stupid
McG194
5/27/2018 5:26pm
I've always kind of thought that you make your bed and have to lay in it. I'm sure Marvin was more than happy to reap the...
I've always kind of thought that you make your bed and have to lay in it. I'm sure Marvin was more than happy to reap the rewards of the win, but I don't see how you can do what he did and expect everyone to be fine with it. Maybe booing nearly a month and a half later is a bit overboard and definitely childish but it's not like it was incidental contact, Marv chose to take him out.
Most times I would agree but Marv has been used as a berm by just about everyone that has ever passed him. He has always rode in control and avoided contact. One take out shouldn't define his career when the guy he took out has done as bad many times.
cbuehler767
5/27/2018 5:26pm
slipdog wrote:
A lot of people at Vital don't usually get my sarcastic comments, I don't care because they're funny to me. You come into this otherwise boring...
A lot of people at Vital don't usually get my sarcastic comments, I don't care because they're funny to me. You come into this otherwise boring thread and post that up and I'm over here like....

I've been periodically checking the thread to see if anyone got the joke haha! I've made jokes only I got and have literally made myself cry laughing
cbuehler767
5/27/2018 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2018 5:28pm
neverwas wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one.

"Are you guys saying boo or boo-urns?"
You're both my kind of people.
Question
5/28/2018 5:45am
MX Guy wrote:
A few boos on the podium can happen so I was not going to post anything, but after answering the pool just to see the results, I have no words for this massive vitard invasion, 28.1% with 274 votes, who think "it is cool".

I am French, so English is not my first language, I am busy so it takes my time too to listen a podium interview or a post race press conference, but I just can't understand what people don't understand with this:

https://youtu.be/7q0towdAPnY

Basically he said he went for it and didn't expect Tomac in that line. That is why it looks much worse than it was. Is he doing that each week end? No, first time in like 8 or 9 seasons. It is a last lap pass for a win that went wrong, so it is a racing incident, no big deal and I am just glad both didn't hurt themselves so we can watch them this summer.

People who think "it is cool", please people come back to me and explain your logic.
MR. X
5/28/2018 5:53am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 5:53am
MX Guy wrote:
Question wrote:
A few boos on the podium can happen so I was not going to post anything, but after answering the pool just to see the results...
A few boos on the podium can happen so I was not going to post anything, but after answering the pool just to see the results, I have no words for this massive vitard invasion, 28.1% with 274 votes, who think "it is cool".

I am French, so English is not my first language, I am busy so it takes my time too to listen a podium interview or a post race press conference, but I just can't understand what people don't understand with this:

https://youtu.be/7q0towdAPnY

Basically he said he went for it and didn't expect Tomac in that line. That is why it looks much worse than it was. Is he doing that each week end? No, first time in like 8 or 9 seasons. It is a last lap pass for a win that went wrong, so it is a racing incident, no big deal and I am just glad both didn't hurt themselves so we can watch them this summer.

People who think "it is cool", please people come back to me and explain your logic.
99 percent of the people who voted its cool to boo him are doing it to throw race fuel on the fire just to get things stirred up. I know i did .
markit
5/28/2018 6:20am
I like bagging on muskrat but never would boo any racer, far to much respect for all these guys. We'll maybe Toenail?
WFO
5/28/2018 8:29am
I would never have Boo'd but it's a free country. We already have enough people telling others how to think and vote...

Post a reply to: Marv Boo’d on the Podium

The Latest