Marvin

Spudinki25
1/27/2019 12:50pm
Seems to be doing good considering he has only just been able to ride all week starting last week.
If he can continue to improve and Tomac and Roczen cant start winning, then this could be a great battle the whole season with Webb, Eli, Roczen, and Marv barring injuries.
|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/27/2019 1:02pm
Yeah he rode good. Had he passed Cooper he would have the red plate now!
Kind of crazy also that Barcia is only 11 points out, despite having 3 bad weekends in a row.
joeellis
1/27/2019 1:20pm
Marvin seems to be getting faster each week. I hope all these guys remain very close in points for the remainder. It will definitely make things very exciting.
colvin227
1/27/2019 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 2:52pm
With Webb riding like this I wonder if at a point will there be rift in the team rig on who is the perceived “#1”? Sure marv is getting paid as such but I’m sure Webb is feeling pretty big at the moment and he doesn’t really have a second rider type of attitude. Could get interesting.......and even though they are playing nice with each other for media they have a deep history with each other
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
1/27/2019 2:45pm
colvin227 wrote:
With Webb riding like this I wonder if at a point will there be rift in the team rig on who is the perceived “#1”? Sure...
With Webb riding like this I wonder if at a point will there be rift in the team rig on who is the perceived “#1”? Sure marv is getting paid as such but I’m sure Webb is feeling pretty big at the moment and he doesn’t really have a second rider type of attitude. Could get interesting.......and even though they are playing nice with each other for media they have a deep history with each other
This /\

The Shop

bf884
1/27/2019 3:40pm
Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also looks taller than the other guys, should come more natural. I think his only chance is if the whoops get messed up enough to make everyone jump through them. He was on rails last night all around the track except the whoops. I love his style though. Never forgot that outdoor race where he stood on the pegs around the outside of that turn and made a pass. Can’t remember which race though.
Kid Spam
1/27/2019 4:30pm
Anyone watch the GuyB interview tab on home page? Answers a lot of questions. If his knee gets strong, he will be faster. I would say likely to win it this year...if.
mb60
1/27/2019 4:44pm
Marvin suffers the same problem as AC92. The mental part of there program should be addressed.
BS12
1/27/2019 6:02pm
Surely I'm not the only one that watched him tailing Webb, crash back to about 5th or 6th, recover to 2nd, then literally eat up a 10 second deficit in around 7 minutes? Fastest guy on track in the second half by a mile. I was gob smacked at how quick he was catching Webb but it barely got a mention until the last lap.
mx617
1/27/2019 6:06pm
I have to rewatch the race to confirm this, but I seem to remember him actually skimming the whoops at a time when the others were jumping through last night.
Spudinki25
1/27/2019 6:13pm
bf884 wrote:
Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also looks...
Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also looks taller than the other guys, should come more natural. I think his only chance is if the whoops get messed up enough to make everyone jump through them. He was on rails last night all around the track except the whoops. I love his style though. Never forgot that outdoor race where he stood on the pegs around the outside of that turn and made a pass. Can’t remember which race though.
Redbud 2018 moto 1 coincidentally it was Webb too.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/27/2019 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 6:34pm
bf884 wrote:
Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also looks...
I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. Maybe it plays a role in Marvins mental game
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/27/2019 7:19pm
bf884 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. Maybe it...
I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. Maybe it plays a role in Marvins mental game
Maybe i truthfully think he is capable of hitting them
Just like everyone but holds back a little bit out of timidness
1/28/2019 12:14am
bf884 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. Maybe it...
Marvin s brother crash was not in the whoops, as far as I remember...
ledger
1/28/2019 12:28am
Marvin's tired of playing second fiddle by now, he's gonna crank it up a notch
and grab some wins.
BikeGuy321
1/28/2019 12:52am
bf884 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
Maybe i truthfully think he is capable of hitting them
Just like everyone but holds back a little bit out of timidness
I think it's because of the way he's built. Yes he's tall, which usually helps, but he's built like a distance runner. I think he would have to bulk up his upper body to be better in the whoops.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/28/2019 2:40am
bf884 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was. At a German SX race
Question
1/28/2019 7:25am
crusty_xx wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
It was in France, at the SX de Chaumont I believe, on a dragon back that was already signaled as dangerous by many riders. Really a pity considering the severity of the injury.

Here is his website, to read, make a donation, bid on gear, or simply to send a kind message.

https://www.mikamusquin.com/biographie

docrick
Fantasy
1119th
1/28/2019 7:48am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 7:49am
crusty_xx wrote:
Question wrote:
It was in France, at the SX de Chaumont I believe, on a dragon back that was already signaled as dangerous by many riders. Really a...
It was in France, at the SX de Chaumont I believe, on a dragon back that was already signaled as dangerous by many riders. Really a pity considering the severity of the injury.

Here is his website, to read, make a donation, bid on gear, or simply to send a kind message.

https://www.mikamusquin.com/biographie

Good article from RacerX regarding Marvs bro and how.

https://racerxonline.com/2015/10/14/between-the-motos-mika-musquin?fbcl…
swtwtwtw
1/28/2019 8:00am
Whoop speed, remind me again- how many racers are faster than Marvin in the whoops? 7 maybe? In Oakland- 1 (Baggett)
wreckitrandy
1/28/2019 9:12am
swtwtwtw wrote:
Whoop speed, remind me again- how many racers are faster than Marvin in the whoops? 7 maybe? In Oakland- 1 (Baggett)
Baggett reminded me of LaRocco late in that race. To me, that ride was more impressive than his win.

Post a reply to: Marvin

The Latest