Marvin out for 2020 SX

cmotodad
12/7/2019 9:25am
Will surely miss MM for the SX season. On a lighter note, will Mathilde be missing too?
Do_Work
12/7/2019 9:56am
Is it the same knee he injured at the last MX round? I remember thinking it looked like he popped his acl at the time. maybe it was a partial tear
Cheeseball
12/7/2019 10:14am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2019 10:14am
GuyB wrote:
Well, we're way off topic now, so I'll go ahead and address this. There are times when the Vital MX forum gets a bad rap for...
Well, we're way off topic now, so I'll go ahead and address this.

There are times when the Vital MX forum gets a bad rap for people saying really stupid things. Hence the name Vitards. It's not a name I'm crazy about, though some here seem to embrace it. Maybe they're trolling. Maybe they're misinformed. Maybe it's Saturday night and they've been heavily supporting their favorite brewery. I can't always tell.

I also look around at other areas of social media and see so much cringe-worthy stuff. Youtube comments? Instagram comments? Comments on articles on other sites? Some of it's horrible, and it makes me wonder why it runs nearly unchecked.

I was chatting with a PR person from one of the motorcycle manufacturers and was told that no matter how their riders did, there was always one person who would come in and blast them every single week. When I suggested blocking that person, the PR person recoiled and said, "We couldn't do that." Why not? There's social media, and anti-social media. We prefer the latter.

So...

Do I delete stuff that I think is over the line? Yes. We don't need to let blatant anti-social media run rampant. I also tend to delete messages from people who are going back and forth at each other in a way that's unrelated to the topic.

Do I click people who have stepped over the line? Yes again. Are these bans permanent? Not always. But like earlier this week, after a few emails back and forth with the offending party, he's unlocked and back to posting.

I've used the motto, "More of what unites us, and less of what divides us" as sort of a guiding principle lately. If people can work within that? Great! If they can't? That's when more decision-making comes in.

One thing I do know for sure, I don't want this to resemble a lot of what I see on other platforms.
Your comment as a general philosophy is fine, but it's simply untrue. You don't just delete stuff that is "over the line". You delete stuff that is far within the lines, but has a message you don't like. I'd link to the posts but you have deleted them.

The part that I have forever scratched my head about is how you talk down to your very subscriber base. You don't like the term Vitard, yet you perpetuate it CONSTANTLY with making fun of commenters and speaking ill of the people that are here driving your traffic #s. I've never understood that. Then when you get called out on it, bye-bye to those guys.

You should be this mythical person that is rarely seen and even more rarely heard from. You should post PR (like this thread) and then you should vanish. Make a 2nd account if you want to interact and post, but as a MOD, you are doing a great disservice to this site by jumping into discussions by bashing on opinions, then deleting posts you didn't like about your riders that are buddies, then deleting people that offend you...then coming back to say how lightly you moderate.

You should ban those you must, and when you edit something, you should make the edit then explain WHY. Otherwise you should GTF outta the way. I have long said that you seem "tired" with your duties of moderating and its apparent in countless posts you've made where the reader can sense you literally sighing and rolling your eyes from across the internet. Life is short, man. I'm sure you do lots of things at your job, but this moderation job is not your favorite, I can promise you that.

My .02.

I'll now wish you all a fond farewell as I am blasted off into the land of the banned. BTW, I know my post count is silly - it should be about 5 higher but those were clipped. LOL. And I've just been a life-long lurker...only creating an account in the past few days.

LOL - says this is my 1st post. HAHAHAH - this should say about 10, but those are all gone, I guess.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/7/2019 2:38pm
Cheeseball wrote:
Your comment as a general philosophy is fine, but it's simply untrue. You don't just delete stuff that is "over the line". You delete stuff that...
Your comment as a general philosophy is fine, but it's simply untrue. You don't just delete stuff that is "over the line". You delete stuff that is far within the lines, but has a message you don't like. I'd link to the posts but you have deleted them.

The part that I have forever scratched my head about is how you talk down to your very subscriber base. You don't like the term Vitard, yet you perpetuate it CONSTANTLY with making fun of commenters and speaking ill of the people that are here driving your traffic #s. I've never understood that. Then when you get called out on it, bye-bye to those guys.

You should be this mythical person that is rarely seen and even more rarely heard from. You should post PR (like this thread) and then you should vanish. Make a 2nd account if you want to interact and post, but as a MOD, you are doing a great disservice to this site by jumping into discussions by bashing on opinions, then deleting posts you didn't like about your riders that are buddies, then deleting people that offend you...then coming back to say how lightly you moderate.

You should ban those you must, and when you edit something, you should make the edit then explain WHY. Otherwise you should GTF outta the way. I have long said that you seem "tired" with your duties of moderating and its apparent in countless posts you've made where the reader can sense you literally sighing and rolling your eyes from across the internet. Life is short, man. I'm sure you do lots of things at your job, but this moderation job is not your favorite, I can promise you that.

My .02.

I'll now wish you all a fond farewell as I am blasted off into the land of the banned. BTW, I know my post count is silly - it should be about 5 higher but those were clipped. LOL. And I've just been a life-long lurker...only creating an account in the past few days.

LOL - says this is my 1st post. HAHAHAH - this should say about 10, but those are all gone, I guess.
Do you ever check your email on the account you signed up with?

The Shop

aeffertz
12/7/2019 6:18pm
Cheeseball wrote:
Your comment as a general philosophy is fine, but it's simply untrue. You don't just delete stuff that is "over the line". You delete stuff that...

My .02.

I enjoy his posts and commentary so I completely disagree with every point you’ve made. I don’t think mods should be silent ghosts. It’s seems that the ones that can’t keep criticism civil, post lies as “FACT” or can’t keep political crap out of non political discussions get their posts removed as it adds nothing to the conversation or is just disrespectful in general.

They’re always the loudest to complain about downvotes and also the loudest to complain about their posts being removed. They also seem to always be on their 50th account because they can’t make it a month without getting clicked.
Flatliner
12/7/2019 8:29pm
BobbyM wrote:
Bummer for MM. You boys better hope and pray that KTM doesn't plop Herlings ass on down on that seat or we're gonna hear plenty of...
Bummer for MM. You boys better hope and pray that KTM doesn't plop Herlings ass on down on that seat or we're gonna hear plenty of whining from the vital peanut gallery next year.
How do you figure?

He’d end up hurt from supercross
Flatliner
12/7/2019 8:55pm
Bnagazina wrote:
I think it would be great if KTM sent Jorge Prado over for the year. Do they really need three of the top 4 racers in...
I think it would be great if KTM sent Jorge Prado over for the year. Do they really need three of the top 4 racers in the MXGP championship. Take a chance and run with just two.
To do what? Crash in 250sx?
GODZILLA
12/8/2019 2:27am
aeffertz wrote:
I enjoy his posts and commentary so I completely disagree with every point you’ve made. I don’t think mods should be silent ghosts. It’s seems that...
I enjoy his posts and commentary so I completely disagree with every point you’ve made. I don’t think mods should be silent ghosts. It’s seems that the ones that can’t keep criticism civil, post lies as “FACT” or can’t keep political crap out of non political discussions get their posts removed as it adds nothing to the conversation or is just disrespectful in general.

They’re always the loudest to complain about downvotes and also the loudest to complain about their posts being removed. They also seem to always be on their 50th account because they can’t make it a month without getting clicked.
Teacher's pet.
Laughing
12/8/2019 2:32am
I personally think Prado is quite smooth on a MX bike and would be up to speed quickly. No, I don’t think it would be fair to put him in 250sx. He has kicked everyone’s ass in 250 mx and unlike a lot of people on here, I think if you can dominate on an MX track, you will be top level on SX. The great separator in Sx is the whoops. If Prado can grab an extra gear and hammer through those, I think he can hang with the best in the 450sx class.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/8/2019 7:28am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2019 7:29am
Thanks for the chuckle to the guys that are saying Jeffrey or Jorge should come over...
aeffertz
12/8/2019 9:25am
GODZILLA wrote:
Teacher's pet.
Laughing
Grinning Nah, I just moderate a different forum and know what it’s like.
Forty
12/8/2019 9:44am
Henry Miller.

Post a reply to: Marvin out for 2020 SX

The Latest