Matthes?

BIGHEAD1
9/14/2009 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 3:36am
I was in Wal-Mart today watching my son run around in the toy section. Of course, he stops on the bikes. I pick up the "Team hot wheels" Yamaha. I look on the back of the jersey....MATTHES? The body was definitely proportionate to Steve...

I was tempted to open it up and see if there's a button you can press imagining the possibilities. "I used to be a mechanic" "Tony is fawking crazy eh" "Anyone wanna go for a Ferry ride".....

Kidding Matthes...did you have anything to do with that? I was going to e-mail this to you but I thought it would help with your haters seeing that you have a hot wheels toy named after you..

|
flapper
9/14/2009 1:45pm
A former pro mechanic,from Canada having a toy with his name on it has to be a first??!WoohooWoohoo did it include a lunch box?
Bet ya never thought you'd be a toy eh Matthes?
JW381
9/14/2009 1:51pm
Did it have a magnet in it, that attracted the crotch region to the Ferry action figure?
knobby101
9/14/2009 1:54pm
JW381 wrote:
Did it have a magnet in it, that attracted the crotch region to the Ferry action figure?
Thats the funniest fucking thing I have heard for a while!
rc4187
9/14/2009 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:10am
found one on ebay for you all

Matthes Yamaha

The Shop

rc4187
9/14/2009 4:51pm
Speaking of moto toys

felpro
9/14/2009 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:10am
What, you get an action figure for doing podcasts ?

Ever thought you would see the titles "Matthes" and "Action figure" together ?
adamdf
9/14/2009 4:56pm
^^That is awesome! Wish they had R/C motocross bikes for tracks like that, why is it that us motocrossers always have to try so much harder to bring the sport in to our daily lives? Arggghh. I mean i can do donuts on my back lawn but then my neighbour has bits of grass on their front porch, ah well.
Matthes
9/14/2009 5:34pm
Yeah, I knew about this. I actually bought one and have it in the package still. I'm sure it's value will sky rocket soon and I'll sell it for a million bucks.

The spelling is the same and that's pretty rare. I don't know, I was at Yamaha at the time--maybe there's something there.

swizcore
9/14/2009 6:18pm
Your not working this right Matthes. Build the legend.
Matthes
9/14/2009 6:28pm
swizcore wrote:
Ah yes,
the Hot Wheels company, after exhaustive talks with my management, decided to model a moto-x racer toy after myself. The company told me that they really felt I represented (along with RC, CR and Pastrana) greatness and excellence in the dirt bike riding department.

My six Manitoba provincial titles, the Canadian 500 C class title along with beating Blair Morgan on 80's was listed as the primary reasons.

And being really cool as well.
adamdf
9/14/2009 6:29pm
Matthes wrote:
Yeah, I knew about this. I actually bought one and have it in the package still. I'm sure it's value will sky rocket soon and I'll...
Yeah, I knew about this. I actually bought one and have it in the package still. I'm sure it's value will sky rocket soon and I'll sell it for a million bucks.

The spelling is the same and that's pretty rare. I don't know, I was at Yamaha at the time--maybe there's something there.

Way to go Mathes, oh that podcast with Lusk was great by the way, ever thought of doing one with Dowd? I like how your bringing back the older guys and helping some of us who have no idea what they have been up to lately, at least get a clue. It seems like some of them just vanish into nowhere so your podcasts are greatly appreciated here.
AMA714
9/14/2009 6:32pm
Cant believe you got one in the US before Rollerball... you should be ashamed of yourself...
ogdeno
9/14/2009 6:49pm
Congrats matthes. Have you checked to see if it's foil on the outside of the toy? If so, there could be chocolate inside. Great work on the podcats. How about one with Jeff Leisk, Craig Dack or "Fast" Eddie Warren? Man, I'll even track them down for you and chip in for the phone call to Australia.
JOHN CHOATE
9/14/2009 7:02pm
swizcore wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Ah yes, the Hot Wheels company, after exhaustive talks with my management, decided to model a moto-x racer toy after myself. The company told me that...
Ah yes,
the Hot Wheels company, after exhaustive talks with my management, decided to model a moto-x racer toy after myself. The company told me that they really felt I represented (along with RC, CR and Pastrana) greatness and excellence in the dirt bike riding department.

My six Manitoba provincial titles, the Canadian 500 C class title along with beating Blair Morgan on 80's was listed as the primary reasons.

And being really cool as well.
Better hire an agent and keep the ball rolling.
Matthes
9/14/2009 7:04pm
ogdeno wrote:
Congrats matthes. Have you checked to see if it's foil on the outside of the toy? If so, there could be chocolate inside. Great work on...
Congrats matthes. Have you checked to see if it's foil on the outside of the toy? If so, there could be chocolate inside. Great work on the podcats. How about one with Jeff Leisk, Craig Dack or "Fast" Eddie Warren? Man, I'll even track them down for you and chip in for the phone call to Australia.
Funny you should say that...

just hung the phone up with Leisk about two hours ago. This week.
felpro
9/14/2009 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2009 7:16pm
Ok Steve, can you drop a hint, give us a teaser, or just lie about any mention by Leisk regarding what's up wid MA800 ?
adamdf
9/14/2009 7:15pm
ogdeno wrote:
Congrats matthes. Have you checked to see if it's foil on the outside of the toy? If so, there could be chocolate inside. Great work on...
Matthes wrote:
Funny you should say that...

just hung the phone up with Leisk about two hours ago. This week.
Mathes, have you done one with EMIG as yet? I think that would be pretty interesting actually. I know you have done one with MC which was great too, would be cool to hear what Emig has to say about those days as well. Also, let's not forget #7 Mike Kiedrowski, one of my favorites back in the day as well. Sorry, the list could go on and on, Mathes your onto something here!
ogdeno
9/14/2009 7:17pm

Nice on Matthes.
teggers
9/14/2009 8:34pm
There's STARS on this site.... I tell you. A toy is rock star stuff! No lie.
9/15/2009 6:00am
adamdf wrote:
Way to go Mathes, oh that podcast with Lusk was great by the way, ever thought of doing one with Dowd? I like how your bringing...
Way to go Mathes, oh that podcast with Lusk was great by the way, ever thought of doing one with Dowd? I like how your bringing back the older guys and helping some of us who have no idea what they have been up to lately, at least get a clue. It seems like some of them just vanish into nowhere so your podcasts are greatly appreciated here.
The Lusk podcast was definitely one of the best ever. I liked that Matthes asked some tough questions. I never knew about all the drama Ezra had going on with his family.

Great Podcast!

Post a reply to: Matthes?

The Latest