Matthes 2019 Supercross Schedule Tweet

2whlfun
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2018 12:11pm
“I don't know where the 2019 SX schedule is but doing some digging w people at OEM's & it seems that Denver, Nashville, NYC and Detroit are in. St Louis, SLC, Boston, Tampa are out. I'm, like, 90% confident in this.”

I live in Denver and IF they bring SX back I hope they let them use the entire stadium layout this time. They HAVE to, right?
|
Stuntman949
7/16/2018 1:04pm
Copy and paste riders script from Lakewood and apply to Denver. Would really be cool to see them race there
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
7/16/2018 1:07pm
by 'NYC', i'm assuming he means the Meadowlands in NJ?
7/16/2018 1:12pm
No Toronto again? Does anyone know why? It did have a good crowd every year.

The Shop

peelout
7/16/2018 1:13pm
well that sucks almost as bad as a Ridgeline trying to do truck things
7/16/2018 1:17pm
Man I hope Denver is true. How fortunate would we be to have a SX and MX race less than 20 minutes from home?

Spoiled.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/16/2018 1:23pm
Has to do with crossing the border. Teams having to rent smaller trucks to get the trailers to the race because of length restrictions.

That might not be all of it but that's part of the reason.

Nothing to do with the crowd.
7/16/2018 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 1:26pm
That sucks I have booked a holiday to Florida (Tampa) booked for 2019 at the same time as the race was last year!!
canciaro
7/16/2018 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 1:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Has to do with crossing the border. Teams having to rent smaller trucks to get the trailers to the race because of length restrictions. That might...
Has to do with crossing the border. Teams having to rent smaller trucks to get the trailers to the race because of length restrictions.

Maverick is mainly correct, but the other reason was that ROGERS Telecommunications who owns the building is not done with renovations. Aafter baseball is done they are taking the old football press media area on the 3rd baseline and making that the new media center and basically re-configuring suites and stuff behind home plate because the ROGERS Center has like the lowest number of corporate suites or luxury boxes in MLB i heard on PrimeTime Sports last month. They are not using the place for CFL anymore and the Buffalo Bills arent doing 1-off games there so time to get rid of all those amenities.

Detroit just re-did the press boxes and last year were gutting all the seats and put new ones in. Not sure if that was 100% of the reason they didnt go this year but I know the Ford Family were putting money in to freshen the place up.

This week they will make a decision to either leave Ford Field alone or rip the roof off so they can bid for an MLS team but everyone is pretty much convinced theres no way that is happening.
Racer111
7/16/2018 1:50pm
No way in hell Denver is in for SX. It doesn’t even get warm there until May. We are supposed to believe they are going to race outdoors in March at night in Denver?

Yeah, and JS7 will win that night, too. Cool
ledger
7/16/2018 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 5:06pm
SX at Nissan stadium in Music City... I'm in. It's an open stadium and great town that is on the BOOM with southern hospitality. Will be interesting to see how SX is accepted here...If it actually happens.
gnarwhip
7/16/2018 1:55pm
Is this kinda like the time Matthes said Reed was filling in for Seely at Honda?
mxjon454
7/16/2018 2:04pm
Maybe too much of a hassle for the teams to bring everything to Canada and back.
datkin128
7/16/2018 2:15pm
Racer111 wrote:
No way in hell Denver is in for SX. It doesn’t even get warm there until May. We are supposed to believe they are going to...
No way in hell Denver is in for SX. It doesn’t even get warm there until May. We are supposed to believe they are going to race outdoors in March at night in Denver?

Salt lake gets races and is no warmer to my knowledge. I'm sure it would have to be an April or May race just like SLC.
datkin128
7/16/2018 2:16pm
mxrose3 wrote:
I"m sure it would be Metlife stadium like always
Log Hopper
Fantasy
1517th
7/16/2018 2:23pm
peelout wrote:
Just think of the Ridgeline like its an El Camino, maybe that will help you lessen your anger. It's a hippie mobile used for hauling flower power.
Racer111
7/16/2018 3:18pm
Racer111 wrote:
No way in hell Denver is in for SX. It doesn’t even get warm there until May. We are supposed to believe they are going to...

datkin128 wrote:
Salt lake gets races and is no warmer to my knowledge. I'm sure it would have to be an April or May race just like SLC.
There is a huge difference in mile high in April vs. Salt Lake in April or May. You still have 3-4 feet of snow in Denver. I can’t see them changing the dates either. Atlanta and Daytona aren’t getting changed, SLC date isn’t getting changed..... Where are they going to put it?
olds cool
7/16/2018 3:26pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Has to do with crossing the border. Teams having to rent smaller trucks to get the trailers to the race because of length restrictions. That might...

Great, no races in Canada means we don't need the FIM and WADA! Wink
2whlfun
7/16/2018 3:37pm
Racer111 wrote:

datkin128 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
There is a huge difference in mile high in April vs. Salt Lake in April or May. You still have 3-4 feet of snow in Denver...
There is a huge difference in mile high in April vs. Salt Lake in April or May. You still have 3-4 feet of snow in Denver. I can’t see them changing the dates either. Atlanta and Daytona aren’t getting changed, SLC date isn’t getting changed..... Where are they going to put it?
Ha ha, we had a daytime supercross in mile high stadium in 96. It was warm & dry if a bit windy. The mountains don’t even get that much snow and it certainly doesn’t sit on the ground long.
BR8ES
7/16/2018 3:44pm
There is hardly any so in metro Denver, ever. When there is, it is gone in short order,
kkawboy14
7/16/2018 3:52pm
That new schedule definitely makes it an International event that should be sanctioned by the FIM. If it was only in America the AMA should do it.....
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
7/16/2018 3:54pm
Denver date will be a bummer for Anderson.

Minneapolis was in February and is usually -20 degrees with a couple feet of snow on the ground around then.
Racer111
7/16/2018 3:56pm
datkin128 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
There is a huge difference in mile high in April vs. Salt Lake in April or May. You still have 3-4 feet of snow in Denver...
2whlfun wrote:
Ha ha, we had a daytime supercross in mile high stadium in 96. It was warm & dry if a bit windy. The mountains don’t even...
Ha ha, we had a daytime supercross in mile high stadium in 96. It was warm & dry if a bit windy. The mountains don’t even get that much snow and it certainly doesn’t sit on the ground long.
These are mid April high and low temps from 2018. No way in hell they are running a SX in Denver unless they extend the season to July. Smile
nytsmaC
7/16/2018 3:57pm
peelout wrote:
Log Hopper wrote:
Just think of the Ridgeline like its an El Camino, maybe that will help you lessen your anger. It's a hippie mobile used for hauling flower...
Just think of the Ridgeline like its an El Camino, maybe that will help you lessen your anger. It's a hippie mobile used for hauling flower power.
But El Camino's were cool. They were born from musclecars, not minivans.
HusqFan3
7/16/2018 4:01pm
Racer111 wrote:

datkin128 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
According to the same post claiming Denver is in SLC is out so there ya go... Could plug it into the SLC date.
BR8ES
7/16/2018 4:02pm
Man I hope Denver is true. How fortunate would we be to have a SX and MX race less than 20 minutes from home?

Spoiled.
would be awesome!
BR8ES
7/16/2018 4:05pm
mx starts in mid March around here, Denver would be just fine. When is the sched supposed to released?? Thought by now.
datkin128
7/16/2018 4:11pm
Racer111 wrote:
2whlfun wrote:
Ha ha, we had a daytime supercross in mile high stadium in 96. It was warm & dry if a bit windy. The mountains don’t even...
Racer111 wrote:
These are mid April high and low temps from 2018. No way in hell they are running a SX in Denver unless they extend the season...
These are mid April high and low temps from 2018. No way in hell they are running a SX in Denver unless they extend the season to July. Smile
Salt lake weather during that same time. SLC last year was April 28th...

scooter5002
7/16/2018 4:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

To clarify, it’s a two fold issue. First, no trailer over 48 feet long is allowed to have the spread axle set up, then their tractors are overlength as well. New legislation will allow the tractors, but not the trailers. Sadly, the communist bastards that run this province can’t just allow them to run in and out once a year, and let the SX take place. Oh no, the rules must be upheld, or anarchy will result. Assholes.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
7/16/2018 4:35pm
mxrose3 wrote:
I heard Times Square.

Post a reply to: Matthes 2019 Supercross Schedule Tweet

The Latest