Matthes new Tony Alessi podcast

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2018 4:02pm
Wow, this was a great interview and a must listen for anyone who thinks Tony is still nothing more than the king of all control freak moto dads. Sounds like Tony has had quite the helping of humble pie this holiday season. He basically acknowledge the entire shit-show that was The Alessi Circus over the past two decades, owns up to his own mistakes and doesn't hesitate to hold his boys accountable for their own too. Great content as always, Steve!

Link: http://racerxonline.com/2017/12/29/fly-racing-racer-x-podcast-tony-ales…

|
Motofinne
12/30/2017 11:46am
Yeah that was a really good podcast! I highly recommend that people listen to it.
Xeno
12/30/2017 11:58am
Any PED/EPO chatter during this interview?
fins227
12/30/2017 12:22pm
Great podcast, part two is a must. It would be interesting to get a better time line on when tony "bet the farm" I always thought top amateur riders were compensated with bikes, and the parents were paid in some way.
12/30/2017 12:28pm
Xeno wrote:
Any PED/EPO chatter during this interview?
Not really, they mentioned that Jeff is causing a stir on the internet and talked about him for a bit.

But I have to agree it was an awesome podcast and I was going to make to this same thread urging people to give it a listen.

The Shop

Premixed112
12/30/2017 12:54pm
"Honestly the only thing I share, realistically, with Jeff is our last name." Did that strike anyone else as harsh? Damn
TymeMoto
12/30/2017 12:59pm
Nothing but love for TA !
12/30/2017 1:03pm
"Honestly the only thing I share, realistically, with Jeff is our last name." Did that strike anyone else as harsh? Damn
Yea that one definitely caught my ear!!
12/30/2017 1:31pm
Well that seems like a radical change of heart, considering how he passionately defended Jeff even after stuff like the lazer incident it's strange that he now publicly disowns him. I guess he is forced to if he wants to stay in the industry.

BobbyM
12/30/2017 1:57pm
Wow, this was a great interview and a must listen for anyone who thinks Tony is still nothing more than the king of all control freak...
Wow, this was a great interview and a must listen for anyone who thinks Tony is still nothing more than the king of all control freak moto dads. Sounds like Tony has had quite the helping of humble pie this holiday season. He basically acknowledge the entire shit-show that was The Alessi Circus over the past two decades, owns up to his own mistakes and doesn't hesitate to hold his boys accountable for their own too. Great content as always, Steve!

Tony is a pretty smart guy... We all make mistakes. Tony has learned from them. Unlike most who post here.
12/30/2017 2:02pm
Really. Good. Podcast.

Thank to both Steve and Tony, and excellent listen. It's things like this that keep the sport interesting after all these years, the nuances and lesser told stories.

As said above, PART II.... make it so!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
12/30/2017 2:13pm
Great interview for Tony.

He is very dedicated to the riders he is helping. Steve is not scared to go into tough areas of Tony’s career and Tony is honest about them.
St Ann More
12/30/2017 2:18pm
Wow, this was a great interview and a must listen for anyone who thinks Tony is still nothing more than the king of all control freak...

BobbyM wrote:
Tony is a pretty smart guy... We all make mistakes. Tony has learned from them. Unlike most who post here.
Don't be so harsh on yourself Bob.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/30/2017 2:25pm
“The only thing Jeff and I have in common is our name”
BobbyM
12/30/2017 2:29pm

BobbyM wrote:
Don't be so harsh on yourself Bob.
I've learned a little.
PJ205
12/30/2017 3:03pm
I don't ever bother to listen to podcasts but had to check this one out. Good listen!
12/30/2017 4:01pm
Ramrod wrote:
Great interview for Tony. He is very dedicated to the riders he is helping. Steve is not scared to go into tough areas of Tony’s career...
Great interview for Tony.

He is very dedicated to the riders he is helping. Steve is not scared to go into tough areas of Tony’s career and Tony is honest about them.
Yea, Steve didn't hold back whatsoever and was very direct with all his questions no matter how awkward the exchange may of felt... I almost expected Tony to get a little defensive at times, but he never did.
Rockinar
12/30/2017 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2017 4:11pm
I have not listened to the podcast but have seen enough of his behavior to form an opinion. Dude has issues. Maybe he's just getting old and the phone is not ringing anymore and he's being served humble pie, so there's just not anything left to bitch about anymore. Like Tiger Woods.

Look at RV. Dude was a major D-head in his racing days. It was all business 24/7. Now he's all smiles, relaxed and actually funny.
mikec265
12/30/2017 4:54pm
It was dam good. Even if you are not a fan of Tony it's worth a listen.
Sully
12/30/2017 5:35pm
Rockinar wrote:
I have not listened to the podcast but have seen enough of his behavior to form an opinion. Dude has issues. Maybe he's just getting old...
I have not listened to the podcast but have seen enough of his behavior to form an opinion. Dude has issues. Maybe he's just getting old and the phone is not ringing anymore and he's being served humble pie, so there's just not anything left to bitch about anymore. Like Tiger Woods.

Look at RV. Dude was a major D-head in his racing days. It was all business 24/7. Now he's all smiles, relaxed and actually funny.
Why would he need his phone to ring? He already has a job as the team manager of Motoconcepts...
12/30/2017 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2017 5:42pm
all this TA ball washing is fine, but did anyone else catch this comment from Tony about the MCR team:

I feel solid about our team. I mean yea we aren’t a “factory team” in terms of like THE manufacturers team... but I mean hey Mike Genova owns a factory.. and they produce, ya know.. hot top covers.. and, whatever else... so.. we’re just like a factory of a different sort, ya know. Same idea.

Was this seriously a rational thought that his brain approved as the thoughts turned to words coming out of his mouth?? Because if it was tongue and cheek man he sold it good LaughingLaughingLaughing
Johnny Ringo
12/30/2017 5:51pm
Rockinar wrote:
I have not listened to the podcast but have seen enough of his behavior to form an opinion. Dude has issues. Maybe he's just getting old...

“I have not listened to the podcast but”

Why don’t you just stop right there big guy. Don’t you have a stew thread to go spew your negativity?
12/30/2017 5:51pm
Well that seems like a radical change of heart, considering how he passionately defended Jeff even after stuff like the lazer incident it's strange that he...
Well that seems like a radical change of heart, considering how he passionately defended Jeff even after stuff like the lazer incident it's strange that he now publicly disowns him. I guess he is forced to if he wants to stay in the industry.

My thoughts as well.

Nothing Jeff has said has been that inaccurate regarding PEDs and such. TA used to love slinging out the truth/dirt on the industry.

But we all gotta eat. So I get it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/30/2017 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2017 6:00pm
My thoughts as well. Nothing Jeff has said has been that inaccurate regarding PEDs and such. TA used to love slinging out the truth/dirt on the...
My thoughts as well.

Nothing Jeff has said has been that inaccurate regarding PEDs and such. TA used to love slinging out the truth/dirt on the industry.

But we all gotta eat. So I get it.
How accurate is it that RV used PED’s? What about Aldon and his guilty role in PED’s? How accurate is that?

What Jeff wasn’t that inaccurate about was saying PED’s exist in MX/SX. Still haven’t read a post saying that PED’s don’t exist in our sport. So, his declaration is an agreed upon redundancy.
captmoto
12/30/2017 8:54pm
Would like to have heard what went on at Suzuki and were there any issues with Roger. It seemed like that was Mikes best chance at reaching the top.
toomanykaws
12/30/2017 9:27pm
Would be interesting to hear more about the behind the scenes happenings of the factory teams they were on. Probably fill up a part 2 and 3. Good interview.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
12/30/2017 9:41pm
Having known Tony and the boys since the Waste Management days in Simi, this is an amazing podcast. He owns his mistakes and I appreciate his honesty.

Steve asked some tough questions and Tony didn't brush them off.
Francis377
12/31/2017 1:18am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2017 1:19am
Good Podcast!
mxjon454
12/31/2017 1:58am
Would be interesting to hear more about the behind the scenes happenings of the factory teams they were on. Probably fill up a part 2 and...
Would be interesting to hear more about the behind the scenes happenings of the factory teams they were on. Probably fill up a part 2 and 3. Good interview.
They had their own mechanic tear down a factory ktm 250f engine to see what was in the motor and after ktm found out mikey was given a stock 450 to practice on during the week. And they had the factory suspension on his suzuki tore down to see what was in those. Thats what i had heard anyways.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/31/2017 7:00am
I listened to the podcast yesterday and it is fantastic. I like Tony Alessi and that is something I havent always been able to say.

Post a reply to: Matthes new Tony Alessi podcast

The Latest