Max Vohland 125 EMX

Graybeard
Fantasy
2478th
2/20/2020 3:07pm
How do we follow these races (from a non-GP follower, sorry)?
Spergen
2/20/2020 3:13pm
Graybeard wrote:
Mxgp-tv, you are missing some amazing racing. Well worth the cost for all the Moto available on a race weekend plus all the previous years races.
therealhammer
2/20/2020 4:43pm
Graybeard wrote:
Someone should film this ... wes Williams , ya busy ?
sparker245
2/20/2020 7:57pm
philG wrote:
Better than wanking about at 'Training Facilities' and riding 5 races a year.. Thankfully Max has someone in his corner who gets it , and sticks...
Better than wanking about at 'Training Facilities' and riding 5 races a year.. Thankfully Max has someone in his corner who gets it , and sticks him behind a gate at every opportunity.

Matterley will Suit him, very fast and open, hope it doesn't rain too much lol
Speaking of rain, last winter was pretty wet in NorCal......not England wet, but we got our fair share of rain. Almost all of the local tracks were closed for long stretches. So with no moto available I rode my trials bike (fun even in the rain) at Prairie City Off Highway Vehicle Park, home of the AMA Hangtown National, at least three or four times per week. The Hangtown track wasn't open of course, but there's a small practice track at Prairie City that's a total muddy mess when it rains. Max Vohland was there grinding out laps in the pouring rain almost every time I was there. Lap after lap in that muck all alone on the track. Eventually railing deep ruts that most people probably couldn't even get through. Never once did I see him complain....he knows what it's gonna take to be a champion.

The Shop

keinz
2/21/2020 1:51am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2020 1:56am
As a 16, he must already try MX2, or at least EMX2. KRoc and Herlings won GPs at age 15. But what do I know
philG
2/21/2020 1:53am
sparker245 wrote:
Speaking of rain, last winter was pretty wet in NorCal......not England wet, but we got our fair share of rain. Almost all of the local tracks...
Speaking of rain, last winter was pretty wet in NorCal......not England wet, but we got our fair share of rain. Almost all of the local tracks were closed for long stretches. So with no moto available I rode my trials bike (fun even in the rain) at Prairie City Off Highway Vehicle Park, home of the AMA Hangtown National, at least three or four times per week. The Hangtown track wasn't open of course, but there's a small practice track at Prairie City that's a total muddy mess when it rains. Max Vohland was there grinding out laps in the pouring rain almost every time I was there. Lap after lap in that muck all alone on the track. Eventually railing deep ruts that most people probably couldn't even get through. Never once did I see him complain....he knows what it's gonna take to be a champion.
This is what it takes.. i may be wrong but i dont see Tallon wanting to dick about Lorrettas and then racing half the guys in an SX series. Maybe in 2 years its not out of the realms of possibility for jim to be in a top MX2 team.. there isnt another Prado or Herlings waiting in the wings right now.
TerryTV
2/21/2020 10:02am
keinz wrote:
As a 16, he must already try MX2, or at least EMX2. KRoc and Herlings won GPs at age 15. But what do I know
Yeah everyone on here seems to be praising this kid for being wicked on a supermini, but he should have been on a big bike for the last two years. He sandbagged HARD the last couple years IMO. Jett Lawrence is younger than him leading main events In SX and top 20’s in MX as soon as he turned 16.
MXMattii
2/21/2020 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2020 2:12pm
TerryTV wrote:
Yeah everyone on here seems to be praising this kid for being wicked on a supermini, but he should have been on a big bike for...
Yeah everyone on here seems to be praising this kid for being wicked on a supermini, but he should have been on a big bike for the last two years. He sandbagged HARD the last couple years IMO. Jett Lawrence is younger than him leading main events In SX and top 20’s in MX as soon as he turned 16.
Not everyone is name is Jett Lawrence, Ken Roczen or Jeffrey Herlings those are a rare species. They are ready to rumble with a 250cc bike at the age of 14. As long if the people around him have a plan with him and are working towards a end goal everything will be OK! Same with Liam Everts, people wanna rush things so easily nowadays because we've had a few exceptions who could handle a 250f at a very young age.

PS: Is he already signed by TLD, because I see him tagging TLD and not Orange Brigade anymore.
philG
2/21/2020 3:55pm
TerryTV wrote:
Yeah everyone on here seems to be praising this kid for being wicked on a supermini, but he should have been on a big bike for...
I didn't realise he was that old.. maybe he was held back to stop burnout? Too much too young?

Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
2/21/2020 4:49pm
sparker245 wrote:
Speaking of rain, last winter was pretty wet in NorCal......not England wet, but we got our fair share of rain. Almost all of the local tracks...
philG wrote:
This is what it takes.. i may be wrong but i dont see Tallon wanting to dick about Lorrettas and then racing half the guys in...
This is what it takes.. i may be wrong but i dont see Tallon wanting to dick about Lorrettas and then racing half the guys in an SX series. Maybe in 2 years its not out of the realms of possibility for jim to be in a top MX2 team.. there isnt another Prado or Herlings waiting in the wings right now.
The kid wants to race SX... so dicking around racing “half the guys in a SX series” is essential I would say. You want to only race the GPs sure avoid it. You want to be an SX champ you can’t afford to skip SX for more than a year.
jeffro503
2/21/2020 4:59pm
TerryTV wrote:
philG wrote:
I didn't realise he was that old.. maybe he was held back to stop burnout? Too much too young?

Some guy's bloom later in life. We have seen it multiple times in this sport over the years.

It's not when " you start your career "...........it's how you finish it. Ask someone like MC , he would know.
aeffertz
2/21/2020 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2020 5:37pm
Leave it to Vital... A 16 year old (currently) should've been racing the MX2 class two years ago and since he didn't, he has been sandbagging. Some of you are properly off your old rockers. I would hate to see how you would push your own kid if this is how you tell other people to raise their's.
Ted722
2/21/2020 5:41pm
The Vohland's are doing it their way and Son/Grandson/Nephew Max is benefiting from so much Local/National and International experience within his family. Wherever he enjoys his best success, I'll be happy for him. But I'd be remiss, if I didn't hope his career ultimately brings home a 450 MXGP Championship some day. Enjoy your Pro career Max, NorCal's very proud!
500guy
2/21/2020 6:17pm
TerryTV wrote:
philG wrote:

Just Pointing out Jett isn't doing anything but watching because He obviously wasn't mature enough to lead a SX race.
Coenmx
2/21/2020 8:50pm
TerryTV wrote:
philG wrote:

500guy wrote:
Just Pointing out Jett isn't doing anything but watching because He obviously wasn't mature enough to lead a SX race.
And max broke himself at redbull straight rhythm and also sat on a couch so what’s your point ? Most USA guys take there time lately only turning pro later like J cooper was nearly 20 drake was turning 20 ect I think they were meaning not going pro but being on a bigger bike like 125 last year then maybe 250 at when he’s turning 17 not actually going pro this early, you can stay at Loretta’s until your 25 so no rush to go pro but when your racing a 85 size bike at 16ish when most 14/15 yr olds are on a 125 or bigger bike at Loretta’s that’s raises a few oh he is sandbagging hell everyone in Europe steps up so early he is prob racing younger kids there too as most his age are in emx250 , but if Talln has a plan who cares what everyone thinks I say stick to what they want to do after all Max is the one riding not us .
Bidirella
2/21/2020 9:18pm
Coenmx wrote:
And max broke himself at redbull straight rhythm and also sat on a couch so what’s your point ? Most USA guys take there time lately...
And max broke himself at redbull straight rhythm and also sat on a couch so what’s your point ? Most USA guys take there time lately only turning pro later like J cooper was nearly 20 drake was turning 20 ect I think they were meaning not going pro but being on a bigger bike like 125 last year then maybe 250 at when he’s turning 17 not actually going pro this early, you can stay at Loretta’s until your 25 so no rush to go pro but when your racing a 85 size bike at 16ish when most 14/15 yr olds are on a 125 or bigger bike at Loretta’s that’s raises a few oh he is sandbagging hell everyone in Europe steps up so early he is prob racing younger kids there too as most his age are in emx250 , but if Talln has a plan who cares what everyone thinks I say stick to what they want to do after all Max is the one riding not us .
Well said. In Europe everybody looks at Herlings and Prado and that they need to turn pro between 16 and 18. How early how better, but a kid needs to be ready for it to! In Europe it also got to something with the stupid aged rule in the 250 class of 23. It all needs to happen much faster then in the US.

Back to mid zeros in Holland 85 class. Coldenhoff won the Dutch title with 16 years. Look where he is now.. Back then al the fast dutchies where still 15/16 riding a 85, until 2006 when a kid called Jeffrey made a change in the scene with 11 years at that time!

JB479
2/22/2020 12:45am
TerryTV wrote:
philG wrote:

500guy wrote:
Jett would of gained more experience in those 3 races then he would in another full year of amateurs. Ferrandis didnt even finish his first two sx seasons, he got injured aswell. Sexton didnt he even make it to the night show on his debut. Broke his leg in practice.
2/22/2020 1:13am
Forget all the bickering about who did this & at what age & when Max should’ve gone pro, is he 100% confirmed to race Matterley next weekend?
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
2/22/2020 1:24am
Joel Smets started riding a dirtbike at 17 years old.
2/22/2020 1:45am
sparker245 wrote:
philG wrote:
This is what it takes.. i may be wrong but i dont see Tallon wanting to dick about Lorrettas and then racing half the guys in...
Kay de Wolf may be one of those new prospects. He’s in emx250 already.
philG
2/22/2020 2:32am
aeffertz wrote:
Leave it to Vital... A 16 year old (currently) should've been racing the MX2 class two years ago and since he didn't, he has been sandbagging...
Leave it to Vital... A 16 year old (currently) should've been racing the MX2 class two years ago and since he didn't, he has been sandbagging. Some of you are properly off your old rockers. I would hate to see how you would push your own kid if this is how you tell other people to raise their's.
Not riding the MX2 class doesn't make him a sandbagger.

Still being on an 85 did

He will be 17 in a few weeks.

In contrast, Jorge Prado is 2 years and 2 months older . And has 2 MX2 world Championships.

EMX 125 is ages 13 to 17 , so he has to do it this year as he will be aged out.

He could have done it in 2016.

None of those facts is a criticism, just a fact. I thought he was young. He isn't.

Still excited to see him race.
slipdog
2/22/2020 3:45am
Funny I saw this photo from the 80 exp class at the World Mini on Facebook yesterday. That 16yr old in 2nd will never get anywhere as a pro sandbagging the 80 class...

ATKpilot99
2/22/2020 3:48am
slipdog wrote:
Funny I saw this photo from the 80 exp class at the World Mini on Facebook yesterday. That 16yr old in 2nd will never get anywhere...
Funny I saw this photo from the 80 exp class at the World Mini on Facebook yesterday. That 16yr old in 2nd will never get anywhere as a pro sandbagging the 80 class...

Fro ?
philG
2/22/2020 3:58am
The other thing to remember , is that here in Europe, 85cc bikes are for kids. I was on a 125 at 14 , as was everyone else, US guys rode 85cc for way too long. Or maybe we had to go up to soon.

Either way , the point is well made. He is due to step up.
DonM
2/22/2020 5:48am
philG wrote:
The other thing to remember , is that here in Europe, 85cc bikes are for kids. I was on a 125 at 14 , as was...
The other thing to remember , is that here in Europe, 85cc bikes are for kids. I was on a 125 at 14 , as was everyone else, US guys rode 85cc for way too long. Or maybe we had to go up to soon.

Difference between the US and Europe is that the US doesn’t have a 125 “A” class that would be the natural structure for riders to move to from 85’s. If more emphasis was put on a proper 125 class more riders would naturally flow from 85’s at 14 to 125’s, but our system is set up for riders to transition from 85’s to 250f’s which is why you have 16yr olds on 85’s....I blame the manufactures as they have way too much influence over what classes are important. When only two of the big five produce 125’s and the influence they have...well this is what happens....We need proper emphasis put on 125’s not just a stupid 1 moto time filler race at the nationals...
ATKpilot99
2/22/2020 5:53am
philG wrote:
The other thing to remember , is that here in Europe, 85cc bikes are for kids. I was on a 125 at 14 , as was...

DonM wrote:
Difference between the US and Europe is that the US doesn’t have a 125 “A” class that would be the natural structure for riders to move...
Difference between the US and Europe is that the US doesn’t have a 125 “A” class that would be the natural structure for riders to move to from 85’s. If more emphasis was put on a proper 125 class more riders would naturally flow from 85’s at 14 to 125’s, but our system is set up for riders to transition from 85’s to 250f’s which is why you have 16yr olds on 85’s....I blame the manufactures as they have way too much influence over what classes are important. When only two of the big five produce 125’s and the influence they have...well this is what happens....We need proper emphasis put on 125’s not just a stupid 1 moto time filler race at the nationals...
Also a prime reason we're falling behind in motocross in my opinion.
DonM
2/22/2020 5:56am
philG wrote:

DonM wrote:
Difference between the US and Europe is that the US doesn’t have a 125 “A” class that would be the natural structure for riders to move...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Exactly!
philG
2/22/2020 6:18am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Undoubtedly.. We have a proper ladder, EMX65 EMX85 EMX125 EMX250 that lets the best kids ride under the noses of all the big teams, and while 65 and 85 are only one offs , the 125 series is a place where most start their journey, in a relevant place.

Only the best make the race, we saw Larry Reyes JR over here last year , and he didn't make the cut, and in the brief chat I got with him , he said he was blown away by the speed and depth of field, compared to the US . He wasn't slow , buy any stretch, but its a 5 lap dash to stick a time in and he didn't manage it.

IMO guys in the US are left in Amateur too long, ( the top guys) and by the time they are pulled up , they have to leap from a 'facility' life , straight into SX , unless they are lucky enough to get to do the nationals .

Thus you get guys who aren't ready , and have no SX experience, having to be 'the guy' . And if they don't hit the ground running, they are already too old .

While the MX2 age limit sucks , what it does for the classes below is create a ladder you need to get on , and be at the right place at the right age, its no good hitting MX2 at 21 because you are already too much of a risk if you have a bad season .
TY838
2/22/2020 7:17am
ProKawi24 wrote:
I can't wait for this kid to be in the 250 pros. Even if it takes a couple more years for him to come in on...
I can't wait for this kid to be in the 250 pros. Even if it takes a couple more years for him to come in on fire, it will be worth it.
Agree with you on that. I have watched in person all these top amateurs ride, the upcoming 14-18s, who will be in the pro ranks soon. Max Vohland is the only one who gave me any "holy shit" moments at the track. He is definitely on the right path, program, etc etc.
2/22/2020 8:21am
I wouldn’t say they are in any bigger hurry to move up in Europe than the US as some are claiming. Pulling up the names of Roczen, Herlings and Prado is pointless since those guys have been on another level compared to their age class coming through the ranks. Most of the kids will ride 125’s until their 17 and then spend 2-3 years in EMX250 before jumping to MX2. Some exceptions of course for the bigger talents, but for the most part.

Post a reply to: Max Vohland 125 EMX

The Latest