Mechanic salary

Sully
2/21/2018 9:11pm
Get fucked! Thats insane, university sports coaches get paid that much! tradesmen get fuck all! I would be surprised if any school or university sports coach...
Get fucked!

Thats insane, university sports coaches get paid that much! tradesmen get fuck all! I would be surprised if any school or university sports coach in Australia got paid much over $100,000.
College sports in the states is a multi-billion dollar entity that brings in tons of money to the bigger schools (like Ohio State), and that 's how they can afford to pay their coaches so much. Oddly enough, though, even with that much money coming in, the athletes themselves don't get paid.
drenmaster
Fantasy
1244th
2/21/2018 9:14pm
To me that would be one awesome job. But...do the mechanics ever get to rip on the bikes they maintain? That's gotta suck to work on a bike with all this factory or just fancy top of the line stuff and never get to rideWhistling .. I feel sad everyday working on planes and not getting to fly Laughing .
2/21/2018 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2018 9:17pm
drenmaster wrote:
To me that would be one awesome job. But...do the mechanics ever get to rip on the bikes they maintain? That's gotta suck to work on...
To me that would be one awesome job. But...do the mechanics ever get to rip on the bikes they maintain? That's gotta suck to work on a bike with all this factory or just fancy top of the line stuff and never get to rideWhistling .. I feel sad everyday working on planes and not getting to fly Laughing .
Well drenmaster...after work tomorrow when everyone leaves...you take that plane. Take it far into the sky and never look back
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/21/2018 9:20pm
Get fucked! Thats insane, university sports coaches get paid that much! tradesmen get fuck all! I would be surprised if any school or university sports coach...
Get fucked!

Thats insane, university sports coaches get paid that much! tradesmen get fuck all! I would be surprised if any school or university sports coach in Australia got paid much over $100,000.
college sports in the USA make any professional sport we have down here look pretty small,

would love to go a College Football game one day,

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/21/2018 9:31pm
KennyT wrote:
Our son was a practice mechanic/babysitter/tutor/grocery getter/rig driver.

$100 per day....he lasted about 3 years
By my calculations that's 365 thousand dollars a year
drenmaster
Fantasy
1244th
2/21/2018 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2018 9:35pm
drenmaster wrote:
To me that would be one awesome job. But...do the mechanics ever get to rip on the bikes they maintain? That's gotta suck to work on...
Well drenmaster...after work tomorrow when everyone leaves...you take that plane. Take it far into the sky and never look back
well TheOriginalPancakee I mean if I would still have a job after than and not be in prison maybe I would consider it..
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/21/2018 10:28pm
KennyT wrote:

disbanded wrote:
You need a new calculator ?

You added 1 too many zeros. Since his lodging, food, gas was taken care of he did okay. But you also have to realize he was away from home most of the year.....a extremely low hourly rate when you don’t check out at 5pm and head home.
TannerMxer
2/21/2018 10:45pm
KennyT wrote:

disbanded wrote:

It's 36,500 a year.
KB221
2/22/2018 12:18am
AHRMA361 wrote:
How much do you make? What do you do? And, for whom?

TY
kburgie wrote:
This is the silly follow-up question people always ask when salaries come up on this forum. When you're looking for a job, do you not care...
This is the silly follow-up question people always ask when salaries come up on this forum. When you're looking for a job, do you not care what the paycheck is? If you're like most people, you do, and you do a little research to learn your market value.

It seems like salaries are public in every other professional sport. I think it's a bigger secret in this sport because the numbers are so disappointing. People should know that before pursuing the infamous industry job.

Do you know all public workers have public salaries? I see you're from Ohio:

Ohio State University salaries
Urban Meyer, head football coach, $4.61 million
Thad Matta, head men's basketball coach, $3.39 million
Raul Weiss, clinical professor/ cardiologist, $1.98 million
Eugene Smith, athletics director, $1.98 million
Kevin McGuff, head women's basketball coach, $1.19 million
Christopher Cullen, general counsel, $1.27 million
Michael Drake, president, $1.04 million

Are they doing better than our top 7 pro riders?
1 vote for dumbest post of 2018
DoubleA
2/22/2018 2:45am
drenmaster wrote:
I am pretty sure the mechanics are aloud to ride the practice bikes. I am sure I have seen a video of one of Deano's mechanics riding one of his bike.

Also most people I see doing this job do it for the love of the job rather than money (obviously money is always a factor). Obviously they deserve to be paid more because of all the shit hours and travelling but so do a lot of other people in shit jobs that's just the way it works out.
Jeff alessi
2/22/2018 3:01am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 3:04am
drenmaster wrote:
DoubleA wrote:
I am pretty sure the mechanics are aloud to ride the practice bikes. I am sure I have seen a video of one of Deano's mechanics...
I am pretty sure the mechanics are aloud to ride the practice bikes. I am sure I have seen a video of one of Deano's mechanics riding one of his bike.

Also most people I see doing this job do it for the love of the job rather than money (obviously money is always a factor). Obviously they deserve to be paid more because of all the shit hours and travelling but so do a lot of other people in shit jobs that's just the way it works out.
Not many mechanics of any level get to ride a race bike when they get an itch to moto. My bros mechanic kept his bike inside the house out of the way but that’s about one of the only guys who came to work with a bike.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
2/22/2018 5:43am
KennyT wrote:

disbanded wrote:
Laughing
drenmaster
Fantasy
1244th
2/22/2018 5:47am
drenmaster wrote:
DoubleA wrote:
I am pretty sure the mechanics are aloud to ride the practice bikes. I am sure I have seen a video of one of Deano's mechanics...

Not many mechanics of any level get to ride a race bike when they get an itch to moto. My bros mechanic kept his bike inside...
Not many mechanics of any level get to ride a race bike when they get an itch to moto. My bros mechanic kept his bike inside the house out of the way but that’s about one of the only guys who came to work with a bike.
Thanks for the info!
Premix
2/22/2018 5:48am
disbanded wrote:
MAKE VITAL SMART AGAIN
mac3-d
2/22/2018 6:54am
disbanded wrote:
Premix wrote:
MAKE VITAL SMART AGAIN
& on a leap year its $366,000 a year Laughing a lot more than the 250 pilots that's good Silly
TJMX947
2/22/2018 7:00am
Shawn Ulikowski showed up to a local race on what appeared to be a Travis Preston CRF450R back in the day. I wasn't there to confirm as this was in the age before the smart phone but people who I hold in high regard said the suspension appeared to not be factory...

Again...a factory mechanic can add some cool fasteners and safety wire to a turd and make it look ok.
ab
2/22/2018 7:39am
disbanded wrote:
you sir are one S***d moth*****r
RCF
2/22/2018 8:04am
KennyT wrote:

disbanded wrote:
KennyT wrote:
You need a new calculator ? You added 1 too many zeros. Since his lodging, food, gas was taken care of he did okay. But you...

You added 1 too many zeros. Since his lodging, food, gas was taken care of he did okay. But you also have to realize he was away from home most of the year.....a extremely low hourly rate when you don’t check out at 5pm and head home.
And I would guess he probably had to pay his own taxes to out of that hundred dollars definitely not worth it
mx965
2/22/2018 8:33am
Holy hell.

Vital: Where one guy gets $50000 and $500000 mixed up and the other thinks 100x365=365000.
Question
2/22/2018 8:36am
AHRMA361 wrote:

TY
kburgie wrote:
This is the silly follow-up question people always ask when salaries come up on this forum. When you're looking for a job, do you not care...
This is the silly follow-up question people always ask when salaries come up on this forum. When you're looking for a job, do you not care what the paycheck is? If you're like most people, you do, and you do a little research to learn your market value.

It seems like salaries are public in every other professional sport. I think it's a bigger secret in this sport because the numbers are so disappointing. People should know that before pursuing the infamous industry job.

Do you know all public workers have public salaries? I see you're from Ohio:

Ohio State University salaries
Urban Meyer, head football coach, $4.61 million
Thad Matta, head men's basketball coach, $3.39 million
Raul Weiss, clinical professor/ cardiologist, $1.98 million
Eugene Smith, athletics director, $1.98 million
Kevin McGuff, head women's basketball coach, $1.19 million
Christopher Cullen, general counsel, $1.27 million
Michael Drake, president, $1.04 million

Are they doing better than our top 7 pro riders?
Thanks for the info. I think it is quite scandalous to see these Fortune500 c-level salaries in public organizations, they are supposed to give the best value for students education. It is pretty much milking students.

Otherwise back to the mechanic salaries, it doesn't pay well especially considering the commitment but i think it is probably a good career step to showcase great skills.
TJMX947
2/22/2018 9:30am
Question wrote:
Thanks for the info. I think it is quite scandalous to see these Fortune500 c-level salaries in public organizations, they are supposed to give the best...
Thanks for the info. I think it is quite scandalous to see these Fortune500 c-level salaries in public organizations, they are supposed to give the best value for students education. It is pretty much milking students.

Otherwise back to the mechanic salaries, it doesn't pay well especially considering the commitment but i think it is probably a good career step to showcase great skills.
Whole different subject that deserves its own thread, but I have a step-daughter approaching college age and as I've done research on schools/tuition I realize they give you a breakdown of what the tuition is paying for and it seems like most of it goes toward athletics.

I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, not considered an elite level athletic school like your Carolinas, NC-States, Penn States, Ohio States....but even there most of the money goes toward funding athletics. Its crazy.

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/22/2018 9:43am
KennyT wrote:

disbanded wrote:
Well played, disbanded. Dry sarcasm is apparently a lost art form around here. Maybe next time use a meme, they like to laugh at those.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/22/2018 9:47am
drenmaster wrote:
Paul Steinbrecher and Alley Semar may or may not have taken Grayson Goodman's zooks out to the local track a time or two back in the day. Probably a little easier to get away with being based in Texas.
Question
2/22/2018 9:51am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 9:56am
Question wrote:
Thanks for the info. I think it is quite scandalous to see these Fortune500 c-level salaries in public organizations, they are supposed to give the best...

TJMX947 wrote:
Whole different subject that deserves its own thread, but I have a step-daughter approaching college age and as I've done research on schools/tuition I realize they...
Whole different subject that deserves its own thread, but I have a step-daughter approaching college age and as I've done research on schools/tuition I realize they give you a breakdown of what the tuition is paying for and it seems like most of it goes toward athletics.

I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, not considered an elite level athletic school like your Carolinas, NC-States, Penn States, Ohio States....but even there most of the money goes toward funding athletics. Its crazy.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe something to consider, a good value; British or Dutch unis (since it is "all in english").

It is a bit more complicated but can be worth it. It has to be looked at as early as possible since it requires more linguistic preparation too. It can be nice to have an international profile on the CV, a good way to save a lot of money too, but it is also necessary later to look at good master degrees in the US to make sure the skills are considered at their real value. A leadership/graduate/trainee program in between is a big asset too.

Some French unis do these "all in english" degrees too (maybe even some with the possibility to do it in apprenticeship like SUPINFO), so I am sure other european countries are offering that (Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway). Good luck !
2/22/2018 11:56am
TJMX947 wrote:
For the expectation of working hours, travel, and loss of time with family I couldn't do it for less than 100K.
I’m sure no health insurance. More like a lifestyle career. Which is cool for someone that wants to live like that.
TJMX947
2/22/2018 12:03pm
TJMX947 wrote:
For the expectation of working hours, travel, and loss of time with family I couldn't do it for less than 100K.
I’m sure no health insurance. More like a lifestyle career. Which is cool for someone that wants to live like that.
I wonder if that's the case for guys like the JGR mechanics? I met an engineer for the JGR cup team and from our convo it made me feel like the motocross team was definitely top notch on that front. Also my wife interviewed for an HR manager position at Hendrick Motorsports and she mentioned everyone associated with the company/team was an employee except for the drivers.
danzig138
Fantasy
4080th
2/22/2018 12:07pm
mx965 wrote:
Holy hell.

Vital: Where one guy gets $50000 and $500000 mixed up and the other thinks 100x365=365000.

Hahaha
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/22/2018 1:28pm
disbanded wrote:
KennyT wrote:
You need a new calculator ? You added 1 too many zeros. Since his lodging, food, gas was taken care of he did okay. But you...

RCF wrote:
And I would guess he probably had to pay his own taxes to out of that hundred dollars definitely not worth it
Of course that was taxable income, not take home. He did manage to save money those years as his checks went into direct deposit and with expenses paid and being away from home he did not spend a lot. But if you think of the hours involved it was well below minimum wage. It was a great life experience for him but obviously nothing to make a long term living
rossi46
2/22/2018 11:36pm
AHRMA361 wrote:

TY
250Kplus. Work in underground mine. FMR investments

Post a reply to: Mechanic salary

The Latest