Mike Alessi -Hit And Run

akmx17
7/10/2020 5:01pm
kage173 wrote:
That's why I don't roadbike. Super dangerous. People get hit all the time.

Get well 800
So is riding dirtbikes
plowboy
7/10/2020 5:14pm
Damn. So glad injuries weren't worse. I dread just driving my car with the idiots on the road. I sold my street bike and gave up bicycles on the street long ago. Heal up Mikey.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
7/10/2020 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 5:56pm
kage173 wrote:
That's why I don't roadbike. Super dangerous. People get hit all the time.

Get well 800
akmx17 wrote:
So is riding dirtbikes
There's less idiots at the track than there is on the road.

Get well soon Mike!
KMC440
7/10/2020 6:01pm
Good to see you're up and about Mike ... wow yhat could've been so much worse by fractions of an inch. Heal up Holeshot $$.

The Shop

Oldmxer95
7/10/2020 6:46pm
Here is to a speedy and uneventful recovery. Glad you are OK MA800.
7/10/2020 6:57pm
iudi2006 wrote:
If its a small town i wonder if law enforcement could pull up DMV Records and see how many Red Chevy trucks (05-09) are registered in...
If its a small town i wonder if law enforcement could pull up DMV Records and see how many Red Chevy trucks (05-09) are registered in the area. If it were a family member i would personally go after every lead until finding the fucker who did this.
They deserve to be prosecuted and catch a felony hit and run charge.
Yeah the police can pull info up on a description of a vehicle. Example 05-09 red Chevy pu, there maybe 14 registered in the county. You then seek the vehicles out. All it takes is time, I can not tell you how great it feels when you Got them. It,s worth the time and effort. Heal up Mike, sorry you had to threw that.
rohleder644
7/10/2020 7:01pm
Sorry for his pain, and I hope he heals up quick.

This is why I road ride at night. Headlights behind me are always an indicator to get hyper aware.
Crush
7/10/2020 7:15pm
Jeeebus. Not good. Glad he's ok. Exactly the reason I don't ride a cycle on the road.
500guy
7/10/2020 7:48pm
Damm I'm glad it wasn't worse, Here's to a full and Speedy recovery and I hope they catch the person that did it.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/10/2020 8:33pm
kapaa10 wrote:
Had a neighbor in Tennessee that was a professional road biker and he would tell me stories of how people would throw apple cores and bags...
Had a neighbor in Tennessee that was a professional road biker and he would tell me stories of how people would throw apple cores and bags of McDonald’s at him and run him off the road. He said this is how I’m gonna for one day and sure enough he was killed 7 years ago hit from behind and the driver took off. They named a law after him in ten that says you must stay 5 feet away from bikes but bunch of red necks in the south so it doesn’t really matter. Some idiots pulled up next to one of the Honda team mechanics who was wearing a backpack and grabbed him by the backpack and drug him down the street in HB not too long ago. With everyone on their phones while driving these days I can’t think of much you could do more dangerous.
Not that it'll help to prevent such hit n runs but it should be law that all cyclists has a helmet with a functional GoPro attached to the helmet facing backwards....recording.

Once drivers pickup that their every move is potentially recorded and can/will be used as evidence they just may start giving the cyclists a wide berth when passing.

Just a thought.

Happy to hear that MA dodged a bullet but still pissed about NH.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/10/2020 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 8:39pm
iudi2006 wrote:
If its a small town i wonder if law enforcement could pull up DMV Records and see how many Red Chevy trucks (05-09) are registered in...
If its a small town i wonder if law enforcement could pull up DMV Records and see how many Red Chevy trucks (05-09) are registered in the area. If it were a family member i would personally go after every lead until finding the fucker who did this.
They deserve to be prosecuted and catch a felony hit and run charge.
Yeah the police can pull info up on a description of a vehicle. Example 05-09 red Chevy pu, there maybe 14 registered in the county. You...
Yeah the police can pull info up on a description of a vehicle. Example 05-09 red Chevy pu, there maybe 14 registered in the county. You then seek the vehicles out. All it takes is time, I can not tell you how great it feels when you Got them. It,s worth the time and effort. Heal up Mike, sorry you had to threw that.
I'd assume Mike has a bit of $$$ so I'd "out of principle" quickly hire a private investigator...

If the driver was under the influence he'll be off the hook for that by the time they get him.

What SENTENCE does a hit n run carry? Coupled with possible outstanding warrants?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/10/2020 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 9:41pm
So glad to hear he survived. I always thought Mike was one of the nicest guys in the pits.
7/10/2020 11:28pm
Regardless what anyone says about MA800 no one can deny he is one tough SOB and can take a crash. Glad he is OK.
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
7/10/2020 11:34pm
Get well Mike. I really hope all is well. That damage to the bike looked brutal, I can only imagine how bad you feel
Looby321
7/11/2020 4:14am
Boomslang wrote:
I'd assume Mike has a bit of $$$ so I'd "out of principle" quickly hire a private investigator... If the driver was under the influence he'll...
I'd assume Mike has a bit of $$$ so I'd "out of principle" quickly hire a private investigator...

If the driver was under the influence he'll be off the hook for that by the time they get him.

What SENTENCE does a hit n run carry? Coupled with possible outstanding warrants?
Hit and runs in Fla can be charged as a first degree felony as well as hold the weight of up to thirty years in prison. Obviously, there is a multitude of questions that would need to be answered during the investigation. Intent, etc.
mikec265
7/11/2020 6:47am
Glad he's alright. I don't ride on the road anymore. Towards the end I always rode against traffic, so I could see what was coming towards me. Too many stupid people in cars, and it's not worth the risk to me now. Any kind of 2 wheeling is off-road only for me, and has been for at least 6 years.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
7/11/2020 7:00am
Boomslang wrote:
I'd assume Mike has a bit of $$$ so I'd "out of principle" quickly hire a private investigator... If the driver was under the influence he'll...

Looby321 wrote:
Hit and runs in Fla can be charged as a first degree felony as well as hold the weight of up to thirty years in prison...
Hit and runs in Fla can be charged as a first degree felony as well as hold the weight of up to thirty years in prison. Obviously, there is a multitude of questions that would need to be answered during the investigation. Intent, etc.
Thanks for the reply.
oceantrav
7/11/2020 8:05am
hamncheeze wrote:
As a guy who routinely rides 15-20K km per year, holy shit Mike. So sorry to read this, literally every cyclist's worst nightmare is getting hit...
As a guy who routinely rides 15-20K km per year, holy shit Mike. So sorry to read this, literally every cyclist's worst nightmare is getting hit by a car, let alone one going 70 mph. Reading the injury list, one has to think could have been much worse (but we can say that about any crash). Heal up well Mike!

On a semi-related note, I am still recovering from hitting an off-leash dog (in a park that is leash on only) that jumped out in front of me when I was riding on a gravel trail in May. Was doing 30 km/h (18 mph) and took a heavy concussion from a dirt nap, scapula fractures, rib fractures and a lot of soft-tissue damage to my left shoulder. Still can't work out how I ended up so badly injured from this one.
Was the dog ok?
oceantrav
7/11/2020 8:09am
Where I live in Florida we have a trail system that has like 50 miles of bike trails, but then all the road bikers still
Ride on the road right next to the trail. Never understood that.
mikec265
7/11/2020 8:18am
oceantrav wrote:
Where I live in Florida we have a trail system that has like 50 miles of bike trails, but then all the road bikers still Ride...
Where I live in Florida we have a trail system that has like 50 miles of bike trails, but then all the road bikers still
Ride on the road right next to the trail. Never understood that.
I think some of the road bikers have the same intelligence level as the idiot that hit Mike. I don't understand the lack of caution some road cyclist have, especially while in groups. I've had groups blow stop signs forcing me to stop twice in my car while I had the right of way. I don't get it.
Bromley686
7/11/2020 8:38am
Very happy Mike is okay and is still around to spend time with his family.

I really hope they catch the suspect. Not to be a know it all but Chevy trucks were different styles over the years 05-09. 2003-2007 was one style and 2007.5-2013 was completely different. Maybe someone who has Instagram could let mike know so he can narrow the search to which style it actually was. We don’t need these kinds of drivers roaming the streets with no consequences of their actions.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/11/2020 8:54am
mikec265 wrote:
I think some of the road bikers have the same intelligence level as the idiot that hit Mike. I don't understand the lack of caution some...
I think some of the road bikers have the same intelligence level as the idiot that hit Mike. I don't understand the lack of caution some road cyclist have, especially while in groups. I've had groups blow stop signs forcing me to stop twice in my car while I had the right of way. I don't get it.
Um...I’d suggest this isn’t the time or place for that comment.
RacerX8
7/11/2020 9:14am
Brutal! I can’t believe that we’re seeing pictures of Mike up and alert! Without knowing the exact specifics of the accident the pictures of the bike suggest that the 800 definitely should not still be with us, wow very thankful for this, heal up soon MA800! Please locate this waste of skin who did this!
yz25
7/11/2020 9:25am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Heal up Mike. I hope the cops find the guy before Danielle does!
Or before Tony A does!!

Glad Mike will be ok.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
7/11/2020 9:26am
SX-Andy wrote:
Speedy recovery Mike. Rear facing camera under the seat maybe would be invaluable in these situations.
Florida does not require front license plates, so the only use would be images of the vehicle, and perhaps driver
7/11/2020 10:25am
Very upsetting to see this - and glad to hear Mike will be OK.

As active cyclists in this family, we worry about this sort of behavior a lot. We came across cycle clothing from this little company and just love it. The arrow and other designs light you up like a Christmas tree and a driver behind you doesn't need to know that you are a cyclist, he just needs to move over. www.arrowhere.com

mx1313
7/11/2020 10:50am
Bikes should stay off the friggin roads that have posted speeds over 25mph. First of all they pay zero road tax so they have no business even being on the road. They carry zero insurance. They can't come even close to doing the speed limit therefore they are a danger to all involved. Plus, with all the people on the phones these days, you'd have to be on a fucking suicide mission to ride the same roads as cars without a designated bike lane. You want to ride on the road with a bike...you should have to pay road tax, have a license plate or sticker, actually obey stop signs, lights and other rules of the road and carry liability insurance...just like a car.

AZRider
7/11/2020 10:58am
mx1313 wrote:
Bikes should stay off the friggin roads that have posted speeds over 25mph. First of all they pay zero road tax so they have no business...
Bikes should stay off the friggin roads that have posted speeds over 25mph. First of all they pay zero road tax so they have no business even being on the road. They carry zero insurance. They can't come even close to doing the speed limit therefore they are a danger to all involved. Plus, with all the people on the phones these days, you'd have to be on a fucking suicide mission to ride the same roads as cars without a designated bike lane. You want to ride on the road with a bike...you should have to pay road tax, have a license plate or sticker, actually obey stop signs, lights and other rules of the road and carry liability insurance...just like a car.

That is an opinion you may have, but the law says otherwise. Most drivers don't follow the laws regarding cyclists and proper spacing. I would point out what a crappy time and thread for you to post your opinion, but I think others will happily do it for me.

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi -Hit And Run

The Latest