Mike Brown getting heat over LL?

NorCal 50+
He just said on the podium of 25+: "I'm not here to take anybody's title. If they want it they can have it. It's right there for everybody." He said it in what sounded like a pretty humble way.
I think he's posted nothing but 1's so far on the board?

|
kkawboy14
8/5/2017 1:22pm
He's saying it isn't anyone's title....until they win it!
NorCal 50+
8/5/2017 1:28pm
Ha- I forgot he said something else about being older and "I gotta race somewhere."
wreckitrandy
8/5/2017 3:23pm
Anyone 25 years old crying about about a 45 year old working them probably needs a safe space.
ATKpilot99
8/5/2017 3:28pm
Anyone 25 years old crying about about a 45 year old working them probably needs a safe space.
You can say that but then again this is supposed to be an amateur event and you have former pros including national champions competing . They should have their own class.

The Shop

JRT812
8/5/2017 3:32pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You can say that but then again this is supposed to be an amateur event and you have former pros including national champions competing . They...
You can say that but then again this is supposed to be an amateur event and you have former pros including national champions competing . They should have their own class.
Love me some Brownie, but I agree with your point.
ga_pike
8/5/2017 3:44pm
Brown won the 3rd 40+ moto by almost 60 seconds. I don't know what the answer is but if he is in the rules, then what more can you want? Where do you draw the line? They already have sportsman classes for those who never scored a professional point. But is it fair for a former pro-am guy that might have scored a point at his local outdoor to compete against a former full fledged factory pro who still gets full support and bikes?

Like I said, I don't know the answer.
500 Mike
8/5/2017 4:04pm
There should be a separate class for ex national champs, world champs, single digit pro, etc. I don't have all the answers but this issue needs addressed.
djc
8/5/2017 4:10pm
I think it's awsome that the old pros can race this event. And btw everyone complaint should be more worried about the sand bagging going on. On top of that from what I see at these races there are only a handful of people if even that that has the extra speed to win the race, so pretty much the other 30 something guys don't have a chance anyways.

On top of that there are many levels of pro riders so how can you say who can race or who can't. Dident Rc lose at his qualifier in the moe r stacked class? . Guys that have been retired for a while may not even ride that much any more. Obviously Mike brown is a exertion because he still rides really
500guy
8/5/2017 4:10pm
it depends on what you want.

Do you want to be the best 40 yr old or do you want first place except XYZ wasn't allowed to race?

There are 10 yr old kids there with full Factory support so that's a non issue.

Want a trophy get faster.
rmoto003
8/5/2017 4:38pm
Seriously tho why do people care so much about a amatuer race trophy.. It literally means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Id just be pumped getting to race with a bunch of former pros
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/5/2017 4:40pm
500guy wrote:
it depends on what you want. Do you want to be the best 40 yr old or do you want first place except XYZ wasn't allowed...

Do you want to be the best 40 yr old or do you want first place except XYZ wasn't allowed to race?

I agree with Jay.

The support some of these kids get far outweighs the advantage of being a 40 year old national champ in the +25 class. Suck it up, buttercups.
cali11
8/5/2017 4:59pm
if I was 25 getting smoked by a guy that's 45, id keep my mouth shut!
USA
Fantasy
428th
8/5/2017 5:05pm
500guy wrote:
it depends on what you want. Do you want to be the best 40 yr old or do you want first place except XYZ wasn't allowed...

This, 100%.

Do you mind if I quote you on your last sentence?
wpark89
8/5/2017 5:06pm
This has been beat to death and guys still gotta complain.
It's an age class...if you fit the age then race if you want.
They've already adjusted a few classes to keep the x factory
guys out of them.
Do you really think there should be a class for 6 former pros?
Where do you draw the line....World champion? Top 10 in Nationals?
Top 50 National Number?? I think where they drew the line is fair enough.

Get over it.
8/5/2017 5:07pm
within reason, you never "lose" your speed assuming you're a relatively healthy person etc.

Seems to me that giving the glory to people who never had a shot at any level of professional racing is a really cool opportunity for someone. You don't simply "get faster" than mike brown.

Having an ex pro class would create a class with tons of hype, probably bring out more ex pros and in turn allow some 28 year old kid you've never heard of to win a title for the first time in his life as opposed to mike brown winning his 40th title.

Mike Brown hasn't done a single thing wrong in my eyes, however. He's simply racing the class he ought to be as per the sanctioning body and I'm sure he's having a great time doing it. Happy to see him out there.
wreckitrandy
8/5/2017 5:10pm
Mike is old enough to have sired most of the 25+ class. He was 125 national champ some 15 years ago. I think if he had finished 10th, not a word would have been said.
cali11
8/5/2017 5:11pm
within reason, you never "lose" your speed assuming you're a relatively healthy person etc. Seems to me that giving the glory to people who never had...
within reason, you never "lose" your speed assuming you're a relatively healthy person etc.

Seems to me that giving the glory to people who never had a shot at any level of professional racing is a really cool opportunity for someone. You don't simply "get faster" than mike brown.

Having an ex pro class would create a class with tons of hype, probably bring out more ex pros and in turn allow some 28 year old kid you've never heard of to win a title for the first time in his life as opposed to mike brown winning his 40th title.

Mike Brown hasn't done a single thing wrong in my eyes, however. He's simply racing the class he ought to be as per the sanctioning body and I'm sure he's having a great time doing it. Happy to see him out there.
But if a 28yr old guy beats a bunch of former factory pros, how's that fair to the former factory pros? Laughing
ATKpilot99
8/5/2017 5:11pm
Can't they race pro am ? I seem to remember some former pros racing that and not winning.
8/5/2017 5:12pm
Those guys ought to shut up.
In many local races, you can drop a class with a drop in age. i.e. a 40A racer could race in 30B....
Following that logic, Brownie could be racing 450C...
WoohooTongueSillyGrinning
mb60
8/5/2017 5:13pm
500 Mike wrote:
There should be a separate class for ex national champs, world champs, single digit pro, etc. I don't have all the answers but this issue needs...
There should be a separate class for ex national champs, world champs, single digit pro, etc. I don't have all the answers but this issue needs addressed.
Take away 50cc stroke shaft driven 4-6 and give a plus 30 pro class. The crowd would love it for sure.
500guy
8/5/2017 5:16pm
USA wrote:
This, 100%.

Do you mind if I quote you on your last sentence?
Sure but it's not something I made up, I heard it a millions times different variations.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
8/5/2017 5:45pm
I'm sure Mike Brown will consider his 40+ title a career highlight.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
8/5/2017 5:49pm
Mike is old enough to have sired most of the 25+ class. He was 125 national champ some 15 years ago. I think if he had...
Mike is old enough to have sired most of the 25+ class. He was 125 national champ some 15 years ago. I think if he had finished 10th, not a word would have been said.
If he'd finished 10th, having been beating by a bunch of no name amateurs, then you are correct. There would be no need to have this discussion.

But he didn't finish 10th. Be blitzed the field proving that something is still wrong here.

Explain to me again why some of you are so adamant that former professional riders should be able to compete in the vet classes at an AMATEUR national?

Mike Brown had his day in the sun. Why not let a true amateur have his as well?

ajk423
8/5/2017 5:57pm
There's only what, 2 classes former pros can ride in? If you don't want to race old pros don't try to qualify for those classes.
JMR1976
8/5/2017 5:57pm
500 Mike wrote:
There should be a separate class for ex national champs, world champs, single digit pro, etc. I don't have all the answers but this issue needs...
So you think there's 40 ex national pros to fill the gate?
ga_pike
8/5/2017 6:06pm
500 Mike wrote:
JMR1976 wrote:
Define "ex-national pro"... is it anyone who has scored a professional point (Like it is now)?? Or is it someone who actually earned a 2 digit number? Or is it someone who earned a top 10 in points in a national class?

djc
8/5/2017 6:14pm
I am fine with having a pro class but they should be allowed to stil run other classes. Like I said and what is said above. Obviously Mike brown is considered more of a elite rider then you have other guys who are pro riders that are no where near the level of brown. There is no way to decide who belongs and who doesn't. It seems more pro guys are showing a interest in the race which I think is sweet. I do see the other side of other people don't get a chance but like brown said they have to earn it just like he did. Also what about the guys racing this week that will be at the nationals pulling holeshots next weekend as a pro? With factory rides? Same difference really
8/5/2017 6:21pm
within reason, you never "lose" your speed assuming you're a relatively healthy person etc. Seems to me that giving the glory to people who never had...

cali11 wrote:
But if a 28yr old guy beats a bunch of former factory pros, how's that fair to the former factory pros? Laughing
Not sure I understand what you're implying
8/5/2017 6:36pm
Do these vets think they're going to get a factory ride if they win? I'd be honoured to line up with Browny
JMR1976
8/5/2017 6:44pm
500 Mike wrote:
JMR1976 wrote:
ga_pike wrote:
Define "ex-national pro"... is it anyone who has scored a professional point (Like it is now)?? Or is it someone who actually earned a 2 digit...
Define "ex-national pro"... is it anyone who has scored a professional point (Like it is now)?? Or is it someone who actually earned a 2 digit number? Or is it someone who earned a top 10 in points in a national class?

There is not going to be 40 either way you answer it.

Post a reply to: Mike Brown getting heat over LL?

The Latest