4/16/2010 9:47pm
1. Looks fast but not smooth

2. I hate that type of music, sounds like screaming girls

3. BobbyM is rad
BAD10
4/16/2010 9:48pm
staycasted wrote:
bike sounds real good
Can barely hear it with their usual shitty music.
staycasted
4/16/2010 9:50pm
staycasted wrote:
bike sounds real good
BAD10 wrote:
yea i wish they had zero background music

The Shop

BAD10
4/16/2010 9:54pm
staycasted wrote:
bike sounds real good
BAD10 wrote:
staycasted wrote:
yea i wish they had zero background music
Their target market is obviously pimply faced teenagers.........
mxtryon231
4/16/2010 10:10pm
Looks good to me! Can't wait to see him and the rest of the guys at Hangtown.
mxbile131
4/16/2010 10:27pm
Regardless of what people say of him and the family, the dude can flat out ride. I can't wait for the nationals!
Old Mate
4/16/2010 10:46pm
He looked a little quicker last year.
jaeckle
4/16/2010 10:55pm
Mike has gotten a raw deal around here. With the exception of RC, who else has tried to hang with James outdoors? Only Mike. Everyone likes to bag on them but it looks like they are trying harder than the likes of Team Factory Honda to actually WIN motos and not settle for 2nd - 40th. Win at all costs comes with a price. The sacrifice must be huge and deserves some respect. Many on here did not see the inspired rides at the nats 2 and 3 years ago in the premier class. Last year was simply a accident that cost him the title. Reed (my favorite) had nothing for Mike. The guy flat out trys his ass off. When did that become not enough? Is every thread around here have to be about drama? When was the last time we had a great thread about the actual racing? Never? Sorry, I forgot what board I was on. not
Old Mate
4/16/2010 11:34pm
He was definatly the fastest last year befor the crash,real fast, just dont think he is going as quick in that training vid!
track guy
4/17/2010 4:50am
jaeckle wrote:
Mike has gotten a raw deal around here. With the exception of RC, who else has tried to hang with James outdoors? Only Mike. Everyone likes...
Mike has gotten a raw deal around here. With the exception of RC, who else has tried to hang with James outdoors? Only Mike. Everyone likes to bag on them but it looks like they are trying harder than the likes of Team Factory Honda to actually WIN motos and not settle for 2nd - 40th. Win at all costs comes with a price. The sacrifice must be huge and deserves some respect. Many on here did not see the inspired rides at the nats 2 and 3 years ago in the premier class. Last year was simply a accident that cost him the title. Reed (my favorite) had nothing for Mike. The guy flat out trys his ass off. When did that become not enough? Is every thread around here have to be about drama? When was the last time we had a great thread about the actual racing? Never? Sorry, I forgot what board I was on. not
agree! this says it all.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/17/2010 4:58am
He's really fast outdoors and pretty good indoors - he just needs to have less drama in his life or racing program and some consistent injury free seasons.

Villipoto and Grant probably can't wait to line up against him outdoors. Should be good!
jasonward73
4/17/2010 5:08am
Old Mate wrote:
He was definatly the fastest last year befor the crash,real fast, just dont think he is going as quick in that training vid!
Didn't Poto run him down from way back at Glen Helen last year then hang up his boots with the knee injury? I think Poto had him covered. I'm not really a fan of either of them but thought it was worth mentioning.
RACERX69
4/17/2010 5:49am
Old Mate wrote:
Didn't Poto run him down from way back at Glen Helen last year then hang up his boots with the knee injury? I think Poto had...
Didn't Poto run him down from way back at Glen Helen last year then hang up his boots with the knee injury? I think Poto had him covered. I'm not really a fan of either of them but thought it was worth mentioning.
Yes, RV was fastest last year.
RACERX69
4/17/2010 5:54am
jaeckle wrote:
Mike has gotten a raw deal around here. With the exception of RC, who else has tried to hang with James outdoors? Only Mike. Everyone likes...
One thing I disagree with.....RC never tried to hang with Bubba outdoors, it was quite the opposite. It was Bubba trying to hang with RC.

RC didn't have to try and hang with anybody as he was the GOAT outdoors.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/17/2010 6:50am
Old Mate wrote:
Didn't Poto run him down from way back at Glen Helen last year then hang up his boots with the knee injury? I think Poto had...
RACERX69 wrote:
Yes, RV was fastest last year.
Villopoto definitely had the speed at the beginning of the season until he got hurt before Hangtown.

Mike had it after that, but couldn't finish the season.

Fastest doesn't matter if injuries prevent you from making it to the track.
Racer111
4/17/2010 7:37am
jaeckle wrote:
Are you kidding? 5 minuets out of a 35 min + 2laps does not meen Mike was "hanging" with JS! Hillarious!!
mccread
4/17/2010 9:48am
jaeckle wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Are you kidding? 5 minuets out of a 35 min + 2laps does not meen Mike was "hanging" with JS! Hillarious!!
US nationals are not 35 minutes plus 2 laps... that would be the GPs. Mike is a great rider and gets a raw deal here he has been at the front of the NAtionals his whole life. He has ran with JS more than the rest. even if it was for only 5 or 10minutes.

He is one of the best American outdoor riders there is.
BobbyM
4/17/2010 9:53am
Grendel wrote:
Who else was even that close? [img]http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu268/GrendelGrendelGrendel/AlessiRCStewart.jpg[/img]
Who else was even that close?

what was cool about mike last year before the dumb accident at HP was he proved he could start well, fall down (hangtown 2nd moto i think) AND battle back blowing by tedesco and others to retake the lead or 2nd. that is what put him on top. rv did run him down at gh the 2nd moto but that was the 1st race of the season so mike would have stepped it up even more after that. i hope he kicks ass on that yamaha....Smile
ridge
4/17/2010 10:16am
I love the determination of MA800. Last year made me a fan, especially when he lined up to race after the surgery. If he wouldn't have re-injured his knee and been able to pull off the championship, Mike would have immediately been a legend! It took some heart to do that and unfortunately, didn't work out.

With that being said, I think RV was faster, but more importantly, stronger. I also don't think MA battled a strong Reed last year. It's hard to compare because Reed wasn't pushed towards the end when he was healthy, so who knows how much more he had in him.

Post a reply to: Mike at Comp Edge

The Latest