Milestone & Perris getting ROASTED

Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 6:58pm
...on social media right now.

New rule they will be enforcing that says trainers/photographers/mom/dad/etc are not allowed on the track anymore.

Insurance is putting their foot down.

What are your thoughts? Here are mine:

1. Flaggers generally suck. Im not sure what the solution is. Because relying solely on them for safety aint too safe. They're minimum wage goons. You (the rider) get what you pay for.

2. Sucks that trainers or photographers cannot sign a waiver that would appease the insurance company.

3. The watch towers at Milestone are their own insurance/safety hazard. In fact, all of the infrastructure there is a mess. The fencing is BAD. Entrance to the tracks is a shitshow.

4. What about the 50 track? No more parents out there? I dont see how this is realistic.

5. One big benefit I could see is that psycho-moto-dad now has to stay by the truck where he belongs. Let your kid just go enjoy himself.

Im not bitching. Insurance is a nightmare and California is a sue-happy state. I'd rather have a place to ride than see it shut down.
|
Bret
1/15/2018 1:50pm
It's about time this happened.
1/15/2018 1:50pm
Just takes one idiot and a sue happy lawyer good bye track.

They shouldn't be out there anyway.
TeamGreen
1/15/2018 2:01pm
1. I see waaaaay too many "trainers" on the track with KIDS on 50/65/85s that need to be ON A DEDICATED track for KIDS...NOT out there with us...LAYING ON THE GROUND as I come over a jump!
2. I see waaaaaay too many parents NOT knowing that thier kids are in danger when they're out on the track WITH THE PROS! (Again: 50/65/85)
3. I'm guessing groups like the USMCA might make some of these issues better AND be able to help with the insurance problem for actual QUALIFIED coaches and trainers.

I've seen sooooo many "so called" coaches that shouldn't be out there...at all.

On the other-hand: guys like Marty Smith and Buddy Antunez are AMAZING with kids.
dimetime
1/15/2018 2:04pm
People all over the track and riders w/trainers cutting the track as been a problem for awhile at Milestone.

I have no problem with this.

Rent a private track for you training sessions instead ruining the experience for others at a public track.

The Shop

1/15/2018 2:13pm
TeamGreen wrote:
1. I see waaaaay too many "trainers" on the track with KIDS on 50/65/85s that need to be ON A DEDICATED track for KIDS...NOT out there...
1. I see waaaaay too many "trainers" on the track with KIDS on 50/65/85s that need to be ON A DEDICATED track for KIDS...NOT out there with us...LAYING ON THE GROUND as I come over a jump!
2. I see waaaaaay too many parents NOT knowing that thier kids are in danger when they're out on the track WITH THE PROS! (Again: 50/65/85)
3. I'm guessing groups like the USMCA might make some of these issues better AND be able to help with the insurance problem for actual QUALIFIED coaches and trainers.

I've seen sooooo many "so called" coaches that shouldn't be out there...at all.

On the other-hand: guys like Marty Smith and Buddy Antunez are AMAZING with kids.
I think if the track can issue "trainer passes" to QUALIFIED guys like you mentioned, that would be great and solve some of the issue.

I agree with a lot of what you said. But as I said, I dont know what the solution is. I cannot fault a parent for wanting to supervise their kid riding. On the other hand, kids on 80's dont belong on the same track as A class riders on 450's.

I see fast guys on the C track that have no business being there.

"A" level riders get out on the B/vet track and create their own hazard.

I dont blame the kids on the 80cc bikes for wanting to get out on the B or A (main) track because those tracks get the most attention. The C track is a pretty half ass effort these days.

Maybe the second half of this solution is to limit who is allowed on the tracks at what time. That would probably piss off a lot of people as well. But something along the lines of every 30 minutes the displacement allowed on a track changes.

- 65/85/150's
- 250/350/450's
- Dont let C's on the Main Track
- Dont let B's on the Beginner Track
- Dont let A's on the Vet Track
peelout
1/15/2018 2:14pm
what's next? California energy drink tax?
Stuntman949
1/15/2018 2:15pm
Fuck all the kids on the side of the track trying to get the instabangers
1/15/2018 2:19pm
You guys don't have separate grouped sessions over there? There are very few tracks left over here that don't separate kids and adults on track.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
1/15/2018 2:20pm
My hometown track instituted a "no spectators on ther track" rule way back in the '90s and it worked. They made a nice viewing area by routing the track like a large horseshoe around a fenced-in area for spectators. It could easily be done that way at Milestone, probably Perris too. No problem with that.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
1/15/2018 2:23pm
They can make a better area for pit boards or mechanics, maybe more towers. But sucks now to try and shoot photo or video there. I guess they will be pulled off the list when bike test time comes around...
PJ205
1/15/2018 2:24pm
Probably for the better! Both of those places can get dangerous with random people in random places pretty quickly.
jtiger12
1/15/2018 2:24pm
So, if a trainer pays to ride for the day he cannot walk the track and watch his riders through sections?
1/15/2018 2:25pm
They can make a better area for pit boards or mechanics, maybe more towers. But sucks now to try and shoot photo or video there. I...
They can make a better area for pit boards or mechanics, maybe more towers. But sucks now to try and shoot photo or video there. I guess they will be pulled off the list when bike test time comes around...
The viewing amenities need some SERIOUS upgrading.

I hate demanding anything of the tracks. I know money is tight as it is. But Milestone could do a lot better.
1/15/2018 2:26pm
You guys don't have separate grouped sessions over there? There are very few tracks left over here that don't separate kids and adults on track.
Ive never been on a track in SoCal that regulated who was on the track or at any time.
1/15/2018 2:27pm
jtiger12 wrote:
So, if a trainer pays to ride for the day he cannot walk the track and watch his riders through sections?
That would be the loophole now wouldn't it?

But to answer your question, if I read Milestone's answers on IG right, NOBODY on the track except flaggers and people on a bike.
Acidreamer
1/15/2018 2:29pm
Why is this a bad thing? If youre not riding you shouldnt be on the track. Its a safety hazard. One person gets nailed by a bike its game over for the entire facility.

HOWEVER, i think if a rider has a pro card he can have a trainer. Thats different than daddy coaching 6 year old JR.
BobbyM
1/15/2018 2:29pm
Trainers for mini riders? What the FUCK is going on???
1/15/2018 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 2:32pm
Ive never been on a track in SoCal that regulated who was on the track or at any time.
Thats quite surprising, its very much the norm over here, kids group and 2/3 adult groups, and you usually have to book in online the night before to guarantee a ride around my area. Its annoying but a lot of parents don't want their kids on track with the 450s
There are a few quieter less known tracks that still operate an open track, they were great for pre-season prep but are few and far between.
No one other than marshals are allowed outside the spectator areas either.
Brent
1/15/2018 2:37pm
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see one laying in the dirt on the landing...
1/15/2018 2:38pm
What's the big deal about it all the tracks up here in the NW only riders and flaggers allowed on the track period. Exception being medical aid and they break up sessions by skill levels and mini's separate from big bikes. Most of the tracks up here there is only THE one track.

Most of the training like moto schools etc are done on weekdays or off weekends privately not on a regular practice day.
Adam43
1/15/2018 2:44pm
People loitering on the infields aren't doing anything useful, despite what they tell themselves. Good move.
mark911
1/15/2018 2:46pm
In the heyday, I remember Perris doing practice sessions by the color of your bike! Various two color combinations of Blue, Yellow, Green and Red (no orange at the time). Worked well to keep too many bikes from being on the track at one time but didn't address the skill level. They had separate mini practices as well. Just saying . . . .
TeamGreen
1/15/2018 2:51pm
Brent wrote:
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see...
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see one laying in the dirt on the landing...
I've told parents: "If he/she gets hurt...it's ON YOU!"
byke
1/15/2018 2:57pm
That's a lot of bullet points for what is really just two complaints, one of which is pretty normal, which really means this is just a thread about flaggers that suck and if you've never been to businesses which employ $10/hr labor, then I can see how it might be disappointing, otherwise welcome to outside the house.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/15/2018 3:00pm
Thats quite surprising, its very much the norm over here, kids group and 2/3 adult groups, and you usually have to book in online the night...
Thats quite surprising, its very much the norm over here, kids group and 2/3 adult groups, and you usually have to book in online the night before to guarantee a ride around my area. Its annoying but a lot of parents don't want their kids on track with the 450s
There are a few quieter less known tracks that still operate an open track, they were great for pre-season prep but are few and far between.
No one other than marshals are allowed outside the spectator areas either.
There was a time when a couple tracks would split minis and big bikes but that was over ten years ago. I don't know of any local tracks that do anything like that anymore.
ns503
1/15/2018 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 3:06pm
'ON the track'.

What exactly does that mean?

P.S.: Social media sucks...

Bruce372
1/15/2018 3:06pm
The best solution is that all the people complaining should open their own track and run it as they see fit.

Alex.434
1/15/2018 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 3:28pm
Good.

For those of us that have road raced and done road racing trackdays, motocross's cavalier attitude towards safety is appalling, on many fronts.

Milestone gets especially overrun with foot traffic belonging to people that are utterly clueless about proper trackside etiquette.

Minibikes (like 50's and 65's) on the main tracks is absurd also.
1/15/2018 3:38pm
Brent wrote:
Now, if they can keep the mini riders off the main track so I don't shit my pants when I come over a jump and see...
I think that is the valid counter argument.

If safety is a concern, then let's actually make things safer.

Fixing the flagger issue just isnt going to happen. $10 and hour gets you what you pay for. It is what it is.

Separating the riders by skill & bike size just makes sense. That is, if safety is a concern. It shouldnt take a insurance agent to demand this happen, but it probably will.

I'll say it again:

- 65/85/150's
- 250/350/450's
- Dont let C's on the Main Track
- Dont let B's on the Beginner Track
- Dont let A's on the Vet Track
1/15/2018 3:41pm
The more I think about it, if the parent's complaint is that they dont trust the flaggers, maybe this will deter mini-dads from letting their kid on a 50/65 out on the big bike tracks.

Or at least, it should. I doubt it does.

Post a reply to: Milestone & Perris getting ROASTED

The Latest