Mitch Evans....

Brent
...can ride MXGP

3-7 for a top 5 at the opener.

For the Aussies, can this kid race supercross?

If he can, is he the next Chad Reed, or is he potentially better?
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
3/1/2020 11:08am
Brent wrote:
...can ride MXGP 3-7 for a top 5 at the opener. For the Aussies, can this kid race supercross? If he can, is he the next...
...can ride MXGP

I stand to be corrected but I don't think he has much SX experience.

They guy a legit on a MX track. Solid start to the season.
MZ193
3/1/2020 11:09am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 11:09am
I do not really know the guy.
I can tell you he is not going to race supercross for a full season, i see him as a title contender in the next years in MXGP.
With some proper technique e some luck i see him winning.
Barrzy256
3/1/2020 11:09am
Brent wrote:
...can ride MXGP 3-7 for a top 5 at the opener. For the Aussies, can this kid race supercross? If he can, is he the next...
...can ride MXGP

Not everyone wants to come race Supercross🙄
I’d say he’s had a cracking opener, considering he was ill all week. Be exciting to watch and see it will continue
Motofinne
3/1/2020 11:14am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 1:10am
I see next to no reason for him to even think about SX at the moment. He is showing race winning potential in MXGP right now, that will grant him a very good financial situation in a familiar series without taking the risk of going the SX route.

I can't wait to see what he can do this season and in the future!

Edit: Oh and btw. Only horrendous bad luck will prevent Team Australia from winning MXdN in the upcoming years with the insane talent they have now.

The Shop

Momus
3/1/2020 11:31am
Australia doesn't have a MXGP or predecessor category World Champion.

.Jeff Leisk came close over 30 years ago.

We've champs in every other form of wheel motorsport

I hope Mitchell Evans does the business with the Europeans and wins a championship.

Jett Lawrence has been anointed the next Aussie SX champ by many knowledgeable observers.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/1/2020 11:47am
Impressive ride definitely. Ran out of steam in the second moto but that was a damn good debut.

I don't want to be the guy that has to pick team Australia for the nations. So much talent right now coming up. And I don't even know many of the top guys that race in Australia (like Regan Duffy that I had never heard from before Assen)
philG
3/1/2020 12:49pm
He was buried when he came past us in Moto 2 and was properly on a charge in a very very deep field.

As I said at the time, its hard to fathom how he got the nod over Vlaaanderen for that ride, on results alone, but so far i'd say he was working out pretty good. He looked totally in control too.
3/1/2020 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 2:17pm
There was a reason Honda took him. As I said before, he's the same build as Gasjer as well which could have helped sway the decision too
Can ride sand well too
DPR250R
3/1/2020 3:33pm
1st moto was really cool! Looking forward to see the progress he makes.

The more guys with a chance to win only helps the excitement of the series.
3/1/2020 4:17pm
DPR250R wrote:
1st moto was really cool! Looking forward to see the progress he makes. The more guys with a chance to win only helps the excitement of...
1st moto was really cool! Looking forward to see the progress he makes.

The more guys with a chance to win only helps the excitement of the series.
Second race was probably more impressive from last at the start. He came through quick on that sun blinded track. Can't wait for valkensward
DPR250R
3/1/2020 7:02pm
Second race was probably more impressive from last at the start. He came through quick on that sun blinded track. Can't wait for valkensward
Yeah... I didn’t get to check it out as my kids were being... well... kids that were stuck inside for too long.

I was just impressed with how he kept Herlings honest for a while. That was cool... bring on next week!
fanger
3/1/2020 11:21pm
DPR250R wrote:
Yeah... I didn’t get to check it out as my kids were being... well... kids that were stuck inside for too long. I was just impressed...
Yeah... I didn’t get to check it out as my kids were being... well... kids that were stuck inside for too long.

I was just impressed with how he kept Herlings honest for a while. That was cool... bring on next week!
Looked like he was going to pass him for a bit there.
keinz
3/2/2020 12:38am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 12:48am
Momus wrote:
Australia doesn't have a MXGP or predecessor category World Champion. .Jeff Leisk came close over 30 years ago. We've champs in every other form of wheel...
Australia doesn't have a MXGP or predecessor category World Champion.

.Jeff Leisk came close over 30 years ago.

We've champs in every other form of wheel motorsport

I hope Mitchell Evans does the business with the Europeans and wins a championship.

Jett Lawrence has been anointed the next Aussie SX champ by many knowledgeable observers.
Chad was also very close to win word championchip. In 2001 he finished the year second to multi-time World Champion Mickaël Pichon
3/2/2020 1:19am
Motofinne wrote:
I see next to no reason for him to even think about SX at the moment. He is showing race winning potential in MXGP right now...
I see next to no reason for him to even think about SX at the moment. He is showing race winning potential in MXGP right now, that will grant him a very good financial situation in a familiar series without taking the risk of going the SX route.

Edit: Oh and btw. Only horrendous bad luck will prevent Team Australia from winning MXdN in the upcoming years with the insane talent they have now.
Horrendous bad luck have (almost) always robbed Australia from a podium in the over 30 years they have attended the MXON. Australia will win a MXON one day. With all due respect to all other great countries, Australia is bloody fair, honest and hardworking. And we stand by our mates. Up the ANZACS (New Zealanders are ok too I suppose) 🤣
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
3/2/2020 1:22am
Mitch killed it on the weekend, look forward to seeing what he can do the rest of the year!
I think he might do quite well in Argentina that’s a track he did good at last year
rangot
3/2/2020 2:50am
keinz wrote:
Chad was also very close to win word championchip. In 2001 he finished the year second to multi-time World Champion Mickaël Pichon
Actually not very close. Pichon won all the races but one, that Chad won.
Aaron_Hart
Fantasy
2432nd
3/2/2020 3:08am
Motofinne wrote:
I see next to no reason for him to even think about SX at the moment. He is showing race winning potential in MXGP right now...

Evans & the lawrence bros will be our first MXON win. Jed beaton will be keeping them honest and could also feature
mxmaniac
3/2/2020 3:09am
Exciting times for us Aussies right now world wide! along with mx/sx in moto gp we have miller and Sanders, Milner, snodgrass all top enduro guns too.
3/2/2020 3:25am
keinz wrote:
rangot wrote:
True, but given Pichon had years of experience in the USA and Europe Chad did ok in his first year overseas. BTW, you frogs are real fast! Always were, still are. Up the kangaroos!
keinz
3/2/2020 11:19am
keinz wrote:
rangot wrote:
True. But he was secondSmile

Post a reply to: Mitch Evans....

The Latest