Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

Motofinne
10/18/2019 1:36pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
Of course we all remember the insane fun we had with MCM2 and Reflex but those are just memories & emotions. MCM2 is not even close...
Of course we all remember the insane fun we had with MCM2 and Reflex but those are just memories & emotions. MCM2 is not even close to MES2, and Reflex although is still very fun, was so limited that we were all left hanging as
a refined Reflex 2 never happened.

MES2 is not easy to learn, takes serious time and effort and you often learn after many hours of game play the correct way to do this or that. And along with the great visuals makes it in my opinion THE best, SX game ever made.

Things I like.

1). You can drastically effect the way the bike maneuvers by using your body positioning and weighting. This effects all areas of the experience from whoops, to rhythms, to cornering etc. You really have to RIDE the bike and not just gas and steer.

2). Unlike all other games this has the most realistic ride-ability dynamics. Launching 200 feet to flat does not usually work, over jumping and under jumping costs you time in rhythms etc. forcing you to time stuff right which is what SX is all about.

3). The bar banging action is very very good.

Things I wish they'd change.

1). In order to really initiate a turn (specially tight ones) you have to steer the opposite direction first. This needs to go. Can we just get a bike that steers normally?

2). The scrub maneuver is a joke. They need to give us real control like turn downs on the face of a jump, whips etc.

3). Give us real throttle and clutch control. If we gas it from a stand still that bike should be RIPPING the rear tire instead of it hesitating slowly up to speed.

Looking forward to MES3.
I agree with everything except your third change point. Maybe if the dirt is tacky as hell but in real life you will spin the rear wheel in most cases when you actuate the throttle to 100%. I think they have figured out that pretty good in their games.
10/18/2019 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2019 1:42pm
They announced the game in the press conference:

Details they mentioned:
- Ability to join official supercross teams
- can now create female character
- New Race Director mode, allows you to chose rider's start gate, dish out penalties, choose cameras, and probably more
- Dedicated online servers for lag free experience
- Compound is now the sx test tracks in SoCal (Corona). 9 different replica oem layouts
- Track editor
- New Physics
- New Animations
- New models
- Release date Feb 4th, 2020

Donovan759
10/18/2019 1:45pm
Just stopping in to say I've already ordered and #cancelledmypreorder 4 times. I'm not fukin around this year.

The Shop

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
10/18/2019 1:52pm
sxer1 wrote:
Trailer [embed][/embed]
Trailer
some POS who just got off his Fortnite marathon stole ACs number... That's not gonna go over easy here.
steezenation
10/18/2019 3:01pm
Added features seem like a step in the right direction! Here's hoping for some new graphic kits tho.
Wangben
10/19/2019 12:34am
you can see some gameplay in supercross insta stories
greenmx5
10/22/2019 9:33am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2019 9:36am
gt757 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
This guy does reviews on games, gets invited to do early gameplay, sends someone else in his place, and then does a review without even touching it. Wtf... Also says track width is too wide, but says All Out track scaling is spot on... lol
gt757
10/22/2019 9:39am
greenmx5 wrote:
This guy does reviews on games, gets invited to do early gameplay, sends someone else in his place, and then does a review without even touching...
This guy does reviews on games, gets invited to do early gameplay, sends someone else in his place, and then does a review without even touching it. Wtf... Also says track width is too wide, but says All Out track scaling is spot on... lol
i thought the exact same thing, i believe that's like the second time he does that
gt757
10/22/2019 9:47am
Here's some better gameplay
greenmx5
10/22/2019 10:08am
I think it looks like a major improvement from MES 2. The jumping doesn't look as wonky and springy . Much better flow.
Lloydcarter
10/22/2019 10:26am
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/22/380788/s1200_consumer_carts.jpg[/img]

TallonT911
10/22/2019 10:31am
The series might not be perfect but I enjoy the shit out of racing the tracks.. I’ll be buying just to have new tracks to play and rhythms to learn! The physics are good enough for me to have fun with the game and that’s all I care about, it doesn’t have to be a perfect replica imo
Lastander
10/22/2019 10:42am
For someone who hasnt owned a MESX game but has seen some gameplay, whats different?
All i can see is better graphics, but its still the same stiff-slidy gamplay with hilarious bike sounds (what bikes backfire coming in to every corner?)
CR92
10/22/2019 2:23pm
Have they said if you'll be able to change the style of your number on the bike? It might sound dumb, but it annoys the hell out of me. My personal number is 9, and the number looks weird, and like it doesnt "fit" on the bikes, how the game is now.
Hopefully you can, and it looks like maybe you will by the teaser trailer.
Sweetd31
10/22/2019 2:46pm
I see nose bonks and tire taps, horizontal momentum, ability to dictate the pitch of your nose (front tire), and the ability to dictate your location on the track. Looks like the THQ influence and asset sharing has payed off. Step in the right direction.
hbdesigns913
10/22/2019 3:16pm
Scale looks off to me. Tuff blocks are longer than the motorcycle. Turns are wide enough for a 18 wheeler.
10/22/2019 3:49pm
like a jockey trying to drive a stubborn horse through pig shit. Dude barely even stood up

Flat cornering looks better, everything looks almost worse imo
jasonv43
10/22/2019 3:52pm
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/22/380788/s1200_consumer_carts.jpg[/img]

Sick house bro. Who does your landscaping?
peelout
10/22/2019 5:26pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Sick house bro. Who does your landscaping?
MidwestMafia, he got out of the car-cleaning biz and into the landscaping biz
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
10/22/2019 9:03pm
Cannot believe they are doing it again, this game has no great changes to the physics and if you read certain articles it is very misleading as they specifically mentioned changes ONLY to the in-air physics.

They do not look changed really at all and have given the impression that they have overhauled the entire physics which they have not. Every release these guys produce makes me more skeptical of their motives. Its just money extraction at this point & laughable that all these YouTubers say how positive the changes are as they are completely unable to be honest about the actual title because they get gifted previews and trips to play it.

Pathetic
Sweetd31
10/22/2019 10:07pm
22Ryann wrote:
Cannot believe they are doing it again, this game has no great changes to the physics and if you read certain articles it is very misleading...
Cannot believe they are doing it again, this game has no great changes to the physics and if you read certain articles it is very misleading as they specifically mentioned changes ONLY to the in-air physics.

They do not look changed really at all and have given the impression that they have overhauled the entire physics which they have not. Every release these guys produce makes me more skeptical of their motives. Its just money extraction at this point & laughable that all these YouTubers say how positive the changes are as they are completely unable to be honest about the actual title because they get gifted previews and trips to play it.

Pathetic
Believe me I usually advocate against that kind of practice, but I see many things I could previously only do in All Out, on Yellows2k. Seems this game is no longer 1 lined. Still has some milestone wonkiness, but it also has some Milestone charm. Innovative features such as dedicated servers, custom tournaments with gate pick and point penalties integrated into an online point series, and to top it off, director mode. Wow, I can get behind that.

If this is truly the works of asset sharing, I cannot wait for the next MXGP it the ruts system powered by Rainbow Studios makes it in.
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
10/22/2019 10:16pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Believe me I usually advocate against that kind of practice, but I see many things I could previously only do in All Out, on Yellows2k. Seems...
Believe me I usually advocate against that kind of practice, but I see many things I could previously only do in All Out, on Yellows2k. Seems this game is no longer 1 lined. Still has some milestone wonkiness, but it also has some Milestone charm. Innovative features such as dedicated servers, custom tournaments with gate pick and point penalties integrated into an online point series, and to top it off, director mode. Wow, I can get behind that.

If this is truly the works of asset sharing, I cannot wait for the next MXGP it the ruts system powered by Rainbow Studios makes it in.
This has been the conundrum of the entire series but, "I cannot wait for the next MXGP" etc etc, but nothing is done to create enticing gameplay, the game still looks like it has no flow, no sense of momentum, no sense of rider weight.

The core mechanics of this engine have not changed.
10/23/2019 5:09am
greenmx5 wrote:
This guy does reviews on games, gets invited to do early gameplay, sends someone else in his place, and then does a review without even touching...
gt757 wrote:
i thought the exact same thing, i believe that's like the second time he does that
It is the second time he’s done this. It’s just really weird to me, because most people would pay for the chance to get that invite. He also seems very disconnected from the games and doesn’t have anything interesting to say, even though he plays them often on his channel. I find SYS, Tylyn, and YellowS2K much more involved and informed when it comes to understanding the games and adding extra value through commentary. Windham seems to take long pauses to try and figure out what to say, and then uses the crutch of saying “I don’t know” when he has nothing interesting to add.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy Supercross 3 (Game)

The Latest