More likely............will Dungey dominate...again??

mauidex
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 10:14pm
flame away but based on this year with all other factors involved, and complete confidence in himself, the bike, the team, his training and program....I'd say odds are way better for him than Stewart, or anyone else for that matter......Wink
|
TXDirt
8/12/2015 2:06pm
Did I miss Tomac's retirement press release? Whistling
8/12/2015 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:21pm
Don't know about him dominating, but I as sure as shit won't be betting against him.

The Shop

jock
Fantasy
1st
8/12/2015 2:23pm
TXDirt wrote:
Eli is good, but he needs to stay upright.
peelout
8/12/2015 2:25pm
Dungey will have to pick up his bench game next year bro, Tomac is too ripped and tan
TXDirt
8/12/2015 2:25pm
TXDirt wrote:
jock wrote:
deep insight right there.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/12/2015 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:28pm
It's all going to come down to who is shorter and thus has the faster nerve synapses . . .
8/12/2015 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:31pm
TXDirt wrote:
jock wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
deep insight right there.
Consistency wins championships. As far as that goes, RD#5 well and truly has Tomac covered. And the rest of the field.
Then there's his bike. Unfair advantage IMO. RD#5's bike is on rails.
h&m_cycle
8/12/2015 2:34pm
Yes, some of these guys don't seem smart enough, he'll get beat some early till the same guys end up in
the hospital...
8/12/2015 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:42pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Yes, some of these guys don't seem smart enough, he'll get beat some early till the same guys end up in
the hospital...
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy though.
He pretty much could have cruised to the championship win with the speed he had..
TXDirt
8/12/2015 2:40pm
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help Tomac.

1. It's going likely cause Tomac to "slow" it down slightly. He may not be the same rider who is willing to hang it out the same as pre-crash. This helps Dungey because Dungey doesn't have that raw speed.

2. With Tomac slowed a bit Tomac now might be more consistent instead. Maybe don't take that big risk. Settle in for a second and 3rd every now and again. This hurts Dungey because Tomac might show more consistency and less throwing it away.

That's how I see it...
8/12/2015 2:42pm
#991 wrote:
Don't know about him dominating, but I as sure as shit won't be betting against him.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say James has his number all season long.... supercross and motocross
might be wishful thinking...but if I bet anything its that.
8/12/2015 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:58pm
TXDirt wrote:
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help...
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help Tomac.

1. It's going likely cause Tomac to "slow" it down slightly. He may not be the same rider who is willing to hang it out the same as pre-crash. This helps Dungey because Dungey doesn't have that raw speed.

2. With Tomac slowed a bit Tomac now might be more consistent instead. Maybe don't take that big risk. Settle in for a second and 3rd every now and again. This hurts Dungey because Tomac might show more consistency and less throwing it away.

That's how I see it...
Can you even "Hang it out" on that KTM. Haven't seen RD#5 "Hang it out" all season. Just controlled aggression, when needed, on a bike that hooks up like a 4x4.

IMO, RD#5 most likely would have been matching Tomac at this point in the season. Tomac also has a new bike to develop next season, plus has to get used to the new brand. God will need to help them all if that KTM gets any better.

Name any weakness that RD#5 has ATM.......................................... Crickets!
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/12/2015 2:48pm
TXDirt wrote:
Dungey has Tomac beat on consistency. He does not have him covered on speed. An injury like this will both hurt and help Dungey and hurt/help...

That's how I see it...
Exactly what I was thinking. Winning by 3 seconds gets the same points as winning by 30 seconds.
8/12/2015 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 2:55pm
#991 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say James has his number all season long.... supercross and motocross might be wishful thinking...but if...
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say James has his number all season long.... supercross and motocross
might be wishful thinking...but if I bet anything its that.
Who would be your pick if they were playing Chess?

Best chance any of these blokes have of beating RD#5 on the track next yr, is getting in his head off the track.
8/12/2015 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 3:06pm
TXDirt wrote:

That's how I see it...
jock wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking. Winning by 3 seconds gets the same points as winning by 30 seconds.
Yeah, well. IMO, must have been one hell of a break down in the communication between rider and mechanic.
RD#5 and his mechanic are working together like Twins ATM. He also has a very strong team behind him. Almost zero mistakes made this yr. Only takes one person to let the entire team down, that person Isn't working for KTM.
Yamafocker
8/12/2015 3:07pm
Dungey's confidence will go back to nothing as soon as the #3 is on the gate. When Dungey starts to get beat again, it will be the same old Dungey, crying about suspension and other guys riding over their heads. This isn't some new found confidence, he was the same in 2010 outdoors when he was a rookie. He looked unbeatable by the end of the year and was full of confidence. Then some other guy who rides over his head and cant stay healthly came back...
davistld01
8/12/2015 3:11pm
TXDirt wrote:

That's how I see it...
jock wrote:
Tomac has speed. Ryan Dungey has racecraft. As someone mentioned earlier, RD knows how to apply necessary aggression to ride at his optimum at all times, without taking an undue chance of winding up on the medic mule...or ending his season altogether. He has a history of letting everyone around him (except maybe Villopoto) beat themseves by trying to beat him at his game.

I don't see him winning every race...but he'll be on the podium at everyone. He knows how to control a championship.
h&m_cycle
8/12/2015 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 3:14pm
#991 wrote:
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy...
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy though.
He pretty much could have cruised to the championship win with the speed he had..
I agree, some of these guys are faster then they are mature... There's a reason rental car companies want you to
be at least 25 years old... Most people calm down a little as they get older... and it is true you get wiser with
age... Maybe not smarter...
jj welks
8/12/2015 3:23pm
I would bet on yes and him winning the championship. People forget sx is just as much about attrition and the outdoors. I don't think we'll ever again see somebody dominait like RV did, after all these years RD is battle hardened.
Flatliner
8/12/2015 3:34pm
TXDirt wrote:

That's how I see it...
jock wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Tomac has speed. Ryan Dungey has racecraft. As someone mentioned earlier, RD knows how to apply necessary aggression to ride at his optimum at all times...
Tomac has speed. Ryan Dungey has racecraft. As someone mentioned earlier, RD knows how to apply necessary aggression to ride at his optimum at all times, without taking an undue chance of winding up on the medic mule...or ending his season altogether. He has a history of letting everyone around him (except maybe Villopoto) beat themseves by trying to beat him at his game.

I don't see him winning every race...but he'll be on the podium at everyone. He knows how to control a championship.
He didn't win the most races ( by a large margin) because of race craft. He was the fastest guy over 16 rounds. Period.
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
8/12/2015 3:36pm
I think 2016 will be a battle for Dungey. If Bubba and ET3 can stay off the ground it's gonna be good.
IceMan446
8/12/2015 3:39pm
#991 wrote:
Can you even "Hang it out" on that KTM. Haven't seen RD#5 "Hang it out" all season. Just controlled aggression, when needed, on a bike that...
Can you even "Hang it out" on that KTM. Haven't seen RD#5 "Hang it out" all season. Just controlled aggression, when needed, on a bike that hooks up like a 4x4.

IMO, RD#5 most likely would have been matching Tomac at this point in the season. Tomac also has a new bike to develop next season, plus has to get used to the new brand. God will need to help them all if that KTM gets any better.

Name any weakness that RD#5 has ATM.......................................... Crickets!
Starts. Barcia has him beat in that regard.

And as good as Dungey is going, he isnt on that Tomac pace.

While it reached up and bit him in the ass, if Tomac can dial it back a couple clicks, Dungey will be left scratching his head.
kawirider819
8/12/2015 3:48pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
the hospital...
#991 wrote:
A smart racer only does as much as he needs to do to win. As a fan, watching Tomac was awesome. Not the brightest race strategy...
Spanking everyone early then cruising is a bad race strategy? No one seems to realize he was cruising when that freak of a swap happened.
8/12/2015 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 4:03pm
#991 wrote:
Can you even "Hang it out" on that KTM. Haven't seen RD#5 "Hang it out" all season. Just controlled aggression, when needed, on a bike that...

IceMan446 wrote:
Starts. Barcia has him beat in that regard. And as good as Dungey is going, he isnt on that Tomac pace. While it reached up and...
Starts. Barcia has him beat in that regard.

And as good as Dungey is going, he isnt on that Tomac pace.

While it reached up and bit him in the ass, if Tomac can dial it back a couple clicks, Dungey will be left scratching his head.
JB is the HoleShot King. But, RD#5 is as consistent on the starts as he is on the finish.

RD#5 might not be on Tomac's pace. Hasn't hurt him too much so far though has it Laughing .

RD#5 did find more speed after Tomac crashed out IMO.

Is Tomac going to Gell with the KXF and the Kawasaki Team?

JB's riding style isn't productive when it comes to winning championships in the open class. Cool as fuck to watch though. When you're on the edge all the time, more chance you'll fall off it.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is. If they all go into the 2016 MX season, fit and healthy. It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong.
8/12/2015 3:58pm
Tomac pace? Don't remember IN SUPERCROSS tomac laying it to dungeyWhistling I believe dungey is just as fast at supercross. Just because you crash a lot doesn't necessarily mean you're going balls out faster than everyone. Outdoors is a different story.
8/12/2015 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 4:04pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
the hospital...
#991 wrote:
Spanking everyone early then cruising is a bad race strategy? No one seems to realize he was cruising when that freak of a swap happened.
Yeah, ya think. I was thinking to myself, "Ease up before you eat shit, you're pushing your luck".
Flip109
8/12/2015 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2015 4:10pm
Hard to bet against the dunge. Tomac stew canard Kroc and barcia will throw wrenches at his game. Not sure if he cares. None of them have the consistency of RD. Take all the titles RV took from him and he would have some stats!
IceMan446
8/12/2015 4:22pm
#991 wrote:
JB is the HoleShot King. But, RD#5 is as consistent on the starts as he is on the finish. RD#5 might not be on Tomac's pace...
JB is the HoleShot King. But, RD#5 is as consistent on the starts as he is on the finish.

RD#5 might not be on Tomac's pace. Hasn't hurt him too much so far though has it Laughing .

RD#5 did find more speed after Tomac crashed out IMO.

Is Tomac going to Gell with the KXF and the Kawasaki Team?

JB's riding style isn't productive when it comes to winning championships in the open class. Cool as fuck to watch though. When you're on the edge all the time, more chance you'll fall off it.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is. If they all go into the 2016 MX season, fit and healthy. It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong.
He may have found more speed, but not over a minute of speed. This weekend might have been the only exception.

Who knows how Tomac will gel with the Kawi, that might be his only downfall at the moment.

RD will need to find a LOT more speed this off season, or pray Tomac crashes out of the national series again.

Roczen and RV have shown you how to properly put a beating on Dungey.

Post a reply to: More likely............will Dungey dominate...again??

The Latest