Most naturally talented racer

jackson222
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:48pm
Who in your opinion is the most naturally talented rider ever? How does a guy like Jean Michael Bayle compare to Stewart?
|
ktm300hater
10/15/2009 5:30pm
you said RIDER Pastrana...who can compare, the man/kid has mad skills on a bike

another on the list is David Knight, offroad, he is godlike
roguemx
10/15/2009 5:36pm
dare I throw J-Law's name in the hat?

The Shop

Torco1
10/15/2009 5:41pm
Well, if its true that Pourcel hardly ever trains or practices then I would have to say he's pretty naturally talented.
jackson222
10/15/2009 5:43pm
I'm not suprised by the names coming up, but i am suprised that people are so sure Leichen is one of the most talented, if not the most.

I think some of the things James does on a bike these days are unbelievable, and unable to be taught. But their are many riders who are equally talented i suppose.

I think Pastrana is definately up there, mainly because of his versatility.
Sonny
10/15/2009 5:48pm
Well there is a lot of variables, isn't there. Carmichael and Stewart come to mind, but loo at the facts. Both have ridden a bike every day since they were 5. How can you tell if that's a natural talent or just plenty of training and seat time? The opportunity was there for them. Also, the motocross bike has evolved greatly, especially on the factory level. Stewart, for one has a awesome bike tested and custom fitted just for him. Would he be as flawless with Bob Hannah's 1978 Yamaha? These are the very best racers in the world, but there is alot that goes into naturally talented.
Matt Wozney
10/15/2009 5:57pm
roguemx wrote:
dare I throw J-Law's name in the hat?
I'd agree with that but we might get shot.
jackson222
10/15/2009 6:08pm
Sonny wrote:
Well there is a lot of variables, isn't there. Carmichael and Stewart come to mind, but loo at the facts. Both have ridden a bike every...
Well there is a lot of variables, isn't there. Carmichael and Stewart come to mind, but loo at the facts. Both have ridden a bike every day since they were 5. How can you tell if that's a natural talent or just plenty of training and seat time? The opportunity was there for them. Also, the motocross bike has evolved greatly, especially on the factory level. Stewart, for one has a awesome bike tested and custom fitted just for him. Would he be as flawless with Bob Hannah's 1978 Yamaha? These are the very best racers in the world, but there is alot that goes into naturally talented.
Yeah i know what you mean, it is hard to differ between natural talent and talent that has been taught and trained for.

I race a guy at my local club who got on a bike at age 15 (3 years ago), his second ride was his first race and he barely avoided being lapped, but he continued on for the last few rounds. The next year he won his class by a mile, the guy could pick things up in minutes. Mucking round doing slow wheelies with him one day and it had taken me a couple weeks of practice to get to the point where i could nearly scrape the fender. Within 15 minutes he could ride along scraping the back fender with ease, skills like this he could just pick up in seconds. He had the potential to do very well and get on teams but now just does it for fun and the love of the sport, however he can still contend with some excellent riders (some pro's in australia) when he wants to, and he is thinking about racing the U19's in the Australian MX nationals next year, with proper training and some luck he could go very well.

I know he isn't on the level of any pro's in america, but he is an excellent example of "natural" talent.
feelnjstfine
10/15/2009 6:09pm
I'll never forget seeing James for the first time at Dade City when he was about 5. Me and my pops were watching him, totally blown away, and just looked at each other and said he was gonna be the one of the best ever, the style he has today has been there since the begining for him. RC was much the same, he just wasn't blessed with superior genetics and had to put in the work on that aspect.
Larry
10/15/2009 6:12pm
Roger DeCoster has to be included in this list. If you were ever lucky enough to see him ride in his prime he was amazing.
MB4
10/15/2009 6:18pm
Jo Jo Keller
davis224
Fantasy
165th
10/15/2009 6:20pm
James without a doubt, CP up there as well.
Tbteam
10/15/2009 6:21pm
There was this guy who used to get so messed up that he could barely find the track and he's still manage to destroy everybody on any given weekend.

Seems that if you can abuse your body to that extent, rarely practice, and stay up for days at a time, you must have a fair amount of natural talent.
DanDunes818
10/15/2009 6:23pm
Ron Lechien and Jlaw---And like most people that have things come to easy they totally take it for granted and fuck it up.
smc916
10/15/2009 6:25pm
MC, I enjoyed watching him ride a motorcycle more then anyone...ever.
ProMed
10/15/2009 6:36pm
John Dowd. Thread over.
10/15/2009 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2009 6:41pm
Pastrana even though he left the race scene, I dunno if alot of the names above are as well rounded as TP, 720's, double backflips, ama champion, fmx champion if its on a bike TP always draws a crowd. But change that to "racer" I say stewart. The old guys were on lesser equipment but I dont see them pulling off the things stewart does.
mxmaniac08
10/15/2009 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:46am
Tbteam wrote:
There was this guy who used to get so messed up that he could barely find the track and he's still manage to destroy everybody on...
There was this guy who used to get so messed up that he could barely find the track and he's still manage to destroy everybody on any given weekend.

Seems that if you can abuse your body to that extent, rarely practice, and stay up for days at a time, you must have a fair amount of natural talent.
Ben Coleman from Australia used to give Chad Reed a run for his money!!! he was unbelievably talented on a motorcycle. I could watch him ride all day everyday... freak.
His career was cut way short due to bad decisions in a similar situation to that quote above.
Rupert X
10/15/2009 7:00pm

JMB.

Jillian Michelle Brazontop was an amazing freak of a woman that spanked unknown

quantities of men from the late '70's to the much - later '80's.

Nobody really ever new how really good she might have been.

She was a legend, for sure.

I guess she was omitted from the record books and that's okay, she's

in our memoirs.

Sonny
10/15/2009 7:23pm
Sonny wrote:
Well there is a lot of variables, isn't there. Carmichael and Stewart come to mind, but loo at the facts. Both have ridden a bike every...
jackson222 wrote:
Yeah i know what you mean, it is hard to differ between natural talent and talent that has been taught and trained for. I race a...
Yeah i know what you mean, it is hard to differ between natural talent and talent that has been taught and trained for.

I race a guy at my local club who got on a bike at age 15 (3 years ago), his second ride was his first race and he barely avoided being lapped, but he continued on for the last few rounds. The next year he won his class by a mile, the guy could pick things up in minutes. Mucking round doing slow wheelies with him one day and it had taken me a couple weeks of practice to get to the point where i could nearly scrape the fender. Within 15 minutes he could ride along scraping the back fender with ease, skills like this he could just pick up in seconds. He had the potential to do very well and get on teams but now just does it for fun and the love of the sport, however he can still contend with some excellent riders (some pro's in australia) when he wants to, and he is thinking about racing the U19's in the Australian MX nationals next year, with proper training and some luck he could go very well.

I know he isn't on the level of any pro's in america, but he is an excellent example of "natural" talent.
That's true. Some guys pick it up fast.
DanDunes818
10/15/2009 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2009 7:55pm
fencepost wrote:
JLAW? Lechien..
Yes Jlaw---The guy has as much natural talent as anyone. If he had a good head on his shoulders and the dedication of the top guys he'd quite possibly be unstoppable. Hecan smoke pot ,drink, and not ride or train for a month. Then after that come out and set the fastest practice time in Daytona against the best in the world including JS ,CR and RV in his 1st 450 supercross race ever and then end up 2nd in the main..I'd say he is one of the most naturally talented guys on the planet. He's also one of the most moronic guys on the planet but that's another thread.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/15/2009 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:46am
Tripes.

Robert.

Lechien

Bayle

I'd put guys like Bailey and Windham in there, but they actually applied themselves.
calimxer91
10/15/2009 7:34pm
Tripes.

Robert.

Lechien

Bayle

I'd put guys like Bailey and Windham in there, but they actually applied themselves.
O Mara
Burnworth
Sully
10/15/2009 7:37pm
Stefan Everts. I've never seen anyone go that fast, but look like they're on a trail ride.
jackson222
10/15/2009 7:43pm
fencepost wrote:
JLAW? Lechien..
Yes Jlaw---The guy has as much natural talent as anyone. If he had a good head on his shoulders and the dedication of the top guys...
Yes Jlaw---The guy has as much natural talent as anyone. If he had a good head on his shoulders and the dedication of the top guys he'd quite possibly be unstoppable. Hecan smoke pot ,drink, and not ride or train for a month. Then after that come out and set the fastest practice time in Daytona against the best in the world including JS ,CR and RV in his 1st 450 supercross race ever and then end up 2nd in the main..I'd say he is one of the most naturally talented guys on the planet. He's also one of the most moronic guys on the planet but that's another thread.
I think this is about the 5th time i've posted something similar but man i hope he sorts it out when he gets outta jail, cause he is awesome to watch ride..

I also love watching guys like Josh Grant and Justin Barcia ride, but i think they are more in the category of taught talent, however they both have two of the coolest styles ive seen.
calimxer91
10/15/2009 7:45pm
I was trying to think of newer guys and Barcia has it.But in this day and age that alone wont cut it.

Post a reply to: Most naturally talented racer

The Latest