btn
btn
1 of 5
Related:
Create New Tag
kkawboy14 kkawboy14
3/12/2020 7:32 PM

How does all this, or does this affect your incomes?

RbR RbR
3/12/2020 7:43 PM

One way to look at it is that is if you can't go to work or school because they are closed, you should have more time to go ride. I'll take my Universal Basic Income in the form of a KTM 350 Please!

yz133rider yz133rider
3/12/2020 7:45 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

How does all this, or does ...more

Im a little worried if im honest. Working in mass public transit. I could see it getting shut down for weeks on end, which could certainly effect my job.

Philly215 Philly215
3/12/2020 7:46 PM

I’m still going to get paid but my company is kicking us out. Last day we can be in the office is tomorrow. Working from home is not ideal.

avidchimp avidchimp
3/12/2020 7:51 PM

All of tv and movie production is shutting down. Unemployment time.

Black Diesel Bomber Black Diesel Bomber
3/12/2020 7:54 PM

All of my employees who are contracted to a couple big clients have been told to hang out at home for the next month. It's going to hurt.

This is going to smash the economy if it lasts too long.

motogrady motogrady
3/12/2020 7:57 PM

Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration work marches on!

brocster brocster
3/12/2020 8:01 PM

Water and wastewater here....all good!

I can see this having a huge affect on lots of people and hope the best that everyone can pull through

Black Diesel Bomber Black Diesel Bomber
3/12/2020 8:02 PM
motogrady wrote:

Heating, Air-Conditioning ...more

Some industries like yours might spike with new business during these times. People will call you to get things fixed at home now that they've been forced to go on a 2+ week Covid 19 staycation.

motoxxx599 motoxxx599
3/12/2020 8:05 PM

I own a utility construction company that operates mainly in the Bay Area. All the cities we work in are talking about suspending permits because they don’t want to expose their inspectors to any possible risk. Right now it’s business as usual but a shutdown seems likely if things continue to progress. I’m not sure what we will do if and when that happens. I have 38 employees and I can’t afford to pay them if we stop working. I would imagine that there are many companies like mine that are in the same boat.

There isn’t a playbook for this situation.

chasetwo79 chasetwo79
3/12/2020 8:23 PM

My company is fully remote, but I’m the owner and I’m seeing clients drop off already because they work in industries that are impacted. Luckily I’m fairly diversified but I’ve already lost money this month because of it in gross.

I am already thinking about how I can curb non-essential expenses, hours, etc. it’s a shit show.

But on a positive I’m picking up a new FC450 next week unless the dealership shuts down!

Keep your head up everyone!

motogrady motogrady
3/12/2020 8:25 PM
motogrady wrote:

Heating, Air-Conditioning ...more

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

Some industries like yours ...more

I’m kind of seeing things slow down. Been waiting on a mini mart store that was supposed to replace a walk in cooler box. The plan was to do it this month.
Postponed, sales are way down. That hurts me.

Most of us in the service industry are sweating because of the exposure to people. Cable TV guys, me, plumbers, fast food workers, gas station attendants and clerks, delivery men. I’ve been asking, most are kind of resigned to just saying you gotta do what you gotta do.

Heck, I was in 5 different houses yesterday, changing air filters, checking Freon. I’m looking at everyone like they’re leper’s. It sucks.

cwtoyota cwtoyota
3/12/2020 8:36 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

It could be tough if things drag out for a while. I own/operate a small CNC machine shop.
One of my best customers promotes monster truck shows, sells parts and builds trucks.
I'm sure his budget (thus mine) will not be the same this year.

JVT357 JVT357
3/12/2020 8:47 PM

I work in health care in a ER. It’s been really challenging times. Job is safe, but this is making our jobs infinitely harder!

observeroffacts observeroffacts
3/12/2020 8:53 PM

I don’t mean this to be rude, although it’s just the truth. One week ago most of this board did nothing but mock this entire thing. Look at how differently people are posting now. It’s unsettling to say the least. We all know it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Not great as a business owner.

aeffertz aeffertz
3/12/2020 9:02 PM

I’m just a mailman so it’s like peak season starting up again with people ordering more of their essentials from Amazon instead of just going to the grocery store. More parcels, more work, more overtime. Better than the alternative, I suppose.

Been delivering tons of TP and paper towels! grin

Snoqualmie Snoqualmie
3/12/2020 9:05 PM

I am a high tech guy that works remote.
Only change to date is cancelled travel - six trips during March and April.
Otherwise job marches on.
401k down $120k...

agn5009 agn5009
3/12/2020 9:16 PM

I'm a cop. I would assume my job is safe wink

slipdog slipdog
3/12/2020 9:22 PM

I just got an email from the School District saying my kids will be coming home tomorrow with a homework packet to be done daily and the School will be closed starting Monday. Unless I can figure out how to skirt the California Child Labor Laws and put two 8yr olds to work in my Suspension shop, it looks like I'm closed indefinitely...

Agent717 Agent717
3/12/2020 9:24 PM

I work in product development research and several of our clients (major auto and motorcycle OEMs) have postponed or cancelled projects in the last couple weeks. We are likely to see revenue cut in half for the year. Super bummed because we had a record start to the year.

crusher773 crusher773
3/12/2020 9:24 PM

I took a position that is a work from home back in October. Glad I did it won't effect me.

langhammx langhammx
3/12/2020 9:27 PM
avidchimp wrote:

All of tv and movie ...more

“All of” is actually not true. But there are some shows that are going to cut the season short and drop a couple episodes. Plenty of work still going on with no hiccups.
Yesterday was my last day working, until July. It’s not going to affect me as far as work, but I think we are ALL going to be affected in some way or another !

avidchimp avidchimp
3/12/2020 9:32 PM
avidchimp wrote:

All of tv and movie ...more

langhammx wrote:

“All of” is actually not ...more

All of the studios are about to shut things down across the board.

inthebadboycorner inthebadboycorner
3/12/2020 9:43 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

Not yet, for me as a maintenance electrician in a Glass factory, here in OZ.

KennyT KennyT
3/12/2020 10:18 PM

Remodeling work for me and I’m so busy my heads spinning. The only issue I’ll have is if the media frightens the supply houses enough to limit my ability to obtain materials. As far as customers, they are waiting in lines for us. As long as I’m still able to get materials I’ll still be working like crazy, and spending money at restaurants, stores etc to help pass along the buck to some who may be seeing a slowdown.

My prediction is in 4 weeks or so this will be heading in the right direction and life will get back to normal as quickly as it went South

sumdood sumdood
3/12/2020 10:35 PM

Could go either way for me. probably (hopefully) will be good because more people will want to vacation at home in the safety of their own back yard. But if their income gets affected the pool guy will be the first luxury to go. "Ooh the pools dirty, how scary"

MZ193 MZ193
3/13/2020 1:12 AM

In italy it sucks.
We can’t move if not for emergency reasons!
Also I’m not riding because the ambulances are busy with coronavirus emergency.
MX tracks are all closed, because there are no ambulances and in the case you crash hard, you may die on the track.
Fuck this shit cant wait to come back on the bike.
Luckily i’m a student.. we are at home since 20 feb. and if everything goes right we will be back the 10 of april.
This year the have the high school diploma exam, i don’t know how we will pass it, after skipping 1month and a half.
In the meanwhile i’m destroying my self with some road cycling (to dont lose my cardio). 600 kilometers in just 3 weeks!
Lol

ajv#26 ajv#26
3/13/2020 2:44 AM
agn5009 wrote:

I'm a cop. I would assume ...more

Me too! We are always safe! 🤔😖

eric513anderson eric513anderson
3/13/2020 2:59 AM

Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only going to get worse from there. Work has been slow since the new year started and some days we don’t have enough work for all 8 hours. Talks of layoffs and early retirement deals being worked on so that’s what scares me more then this sickness

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

robkinuk robkinuk
3/13/2020 3:19 AM

Painting oil paintings of motocross. Got a couple of commissions in the can but demand always slows a bit when economy dips, Brexit etc. Media are most to blame for overblowing situation.
Stay calm be happy.wink

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

btn
btn
1 of 5

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry