Moto people

3/17/2020 3:04am
IT for gov/public safety/911. Things have gotten busy but I work in a highly secure building and we are pushing on just like normal.

Cisco switches don’t replace them self’s.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/17/2020 3:18am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2020 3:21am
I'm at a University. Still open but all of my kids' sports have been cancelled and those groups are smaller than Uni class sizes. First 2 cases in my town today. We shall see...
agn5009
3/17/2020 4:52am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap! My wife’s school was...
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap!

My wife’s school was trying to keep the daycare open, but they had no luck. They are on a week to week basis right now. Thankfully, the school asked the teachers if the were willing to babysit the kids during the closure and a bunch of parents jumped at the chance of having my wife watch their kids. She may potentially make more than actually going to work. Fingers crossed this goes no more than 2 weeks though.
Spudnut wrote:
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the...
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the 90s
I pay $27 per day per kid here. Theres serious money into having a day care if you can handle a bunch of kids. And barring unforeseen circumstances such as the corona, people will always need child care.
Sacko
3/17/2020 7:50am
I do blueprints for new houses, room additions, remodels, etc. After the best start to a year since I went into business I have had only 1 call for a new project in the last two weeks... Luckily I'm small enough I can keep my head above water for a few months, but this could have huge effects on the economy moving forward and people may have to worry about surviving financially rather then worries about home improvements. Hope we can all get through it!

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/17/2020 8:36am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap! My wife’s school was...
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap!

My wife’s school was trying to keep the daycare open, but they had no luck. They are on a week to week basis right now. Thankfully, the school asked the teachers if the were willing to babysit the kids during the closure and a bunch of parents jumped at the chance of having my wife watch their kids. She may potentially make more than actually going to work. Fingers crossed this goes no more than 2 weeks though.
Spudnut wrote:
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the...
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the 90s
agn5009 wrote:
I pay $27 per day per kid here. Theres serious money into having a day care if you can handle a bunch of kids. And barring...
I pay $27 per day per kid here. Theres serious money into having a day care if you can handle a bunch of kids. And barring unforeseen circumstances such as the corona, people will always need child care.
That's cheap around here its $50 per day per kid.
Camp332
3/17/2020 8:52am
The big push this week in my role has been heavily focused upon VPN link consumption on the regional towers. We've seen substantial increase to say the least.
agn5009
3/17/2020 9:17am
Spudnut wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I pay $27 per day per kid here. Theres serious money into having a day care if you can handle a bunch of kids. And barring...
Tarz483 wrote:
Ouch. It wouldn't even be worth my wife working at that point.
Camp332
3/17/2020 11:11am
agn5009 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Ouch. It wouldn't even be worth my wife working at that point.
Agreed, my wife is home until the 3rd kid makes it to full time kindergarten. Only 3 years to go! Blink
Camp332
3/17/2020 12:30pm
Very cool. Yes, that's where we are right now. "Lean Times" but all good!
mx12boy
Fantasy
1706th
3/17/2020 1:24pm
I work for the Railroad as a Conductor and there is no down time for us. The only people that will get any time off without the threat of losing their jobs are the management/executives. We have been told if you feel sick to stay home but if you take more than 3 days off in a 90 period you are subject to termination.
zippytech
3/17/2020 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2020 2:07pm
No job, worth that prison sentence for me. Terminate me!
2whlfun
3/17/2020 2:12pm
I work in the shop at an REI and am home 2 weeks with pay starting yesterday. I fear things will be way worse in 2 weeks. Then what?
JustMX
3/17/2020 5:13pm
An outfitter for camping and outdoor sports

Rei.com
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/17/2020 5:48pm
It's going to be horrendous for the economy for awhile. Hopefully not a super long while. Best to you all to stay on top through it.
Jmicmoto13
3/17/2020 7:20pm
Strategic Account Manager for a tire manufacturer. I work remote anyways, so working from home for the next 3 weeks isn't a tall order. Just hopeful that consumer spending comes back strong in Q2 and makes up for this crappy Q1. We will make it. Hope everyone stays safe and secure out there.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
3/17/2020 8:21pm
I was at one of my customers offices today in Union City, CA and 3 new hires who they had hired away from a competitor were due to start working. I got to overhear a manager tell them their positions were on hold for a few weeks due to the current state of the Bay Area. I know at least one of them left a job of 15 years to go there.
TXDirt
3/17/2020 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2020 8:43pm
So we officially sent everyone home today and for the rest of the month we are all working from home.

Our kids were to start back to school this week but that has been put on hold. the schools are likely going to online only for the remainder of the year. That’s for kindergarten, 3rd and 4th grade.

I’m not sure what all the families will do when you have two income households.

We are very fortunate that I make enough that my wife has been able to stay home for a number of years. But what about all those families with both parents working? Or single moms or dads raising kids?

I’m just not sure what happens. Just a big giant mess right now. And unfortunately we are just at the beginning of this shit storm.
newmason
3/17/2020 9:00pm
The boom and bust economy is here, it's over. Its funny looking back at the page 1 comments about "as long as things don't get worse..." and here we are 3 days later, it's worse. In 3 more days it's going to be even worse than it has been, and so on. This is something bigger than any of us have ever seen will be written in textbooks. Start saving and STOP spending
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/17/2020 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2020 4:21am
I'm the GM of a high-line car dealership in So. Ca. We sell Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari, Benz, Maserati... .. People in this market seem to think that this is a great time to buy, but we just got the lockdown notice this evening. We'll see how it goes the next few days.... I learned a very valuable lesson in 2008, always have a cash surplus on hand because you never know what's going to happen....
And you guys going thru the lean times. Been there, done that.. That was probably the funnest times i ever had with my kid. Enjoy it while you can.

Post a reply to: Moto people

The Latest