Motovision are putting some cool oldschool content on youtube

Crush
5/17/2020 2:52am
See here and click through.

|
5/17/2020 4:36am
Thanks for posting. Hard to find decent quality vids from certain eras. Bailey has also uploaded some older videos recently too.
Crush
5/17/2020 5:09am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2020 5:10am
Yeah actually I was going to upload the 88 USGP from Bailey's page the other day but forgot!

Some great stuff in that motovision footage... Tortelli v Everts and 97 SX!
5/17/2020 5:32am
Crush wrote:

I’ve just been watching this & was gonna recommended it on here myself. Just been watching the 92 videos. So many Americans riding GP’s then, Donny Schmit, Booby Moore, Tallon Vohland, Bader Mannah, Trampas Parker, Mickey Dymond, Mike Healy. Tracks were awesome back then & the crowds were massive.
Crush
5/17/2020 6:03am
Yeah there were a few who either lost the musical chairs or didn't really wanna do SX – Matthes has done pods with all those guys and their recollections of GP days then are unreal.

Parker's pod is worth a double listen if nothing else, but Moore's, Vohland, Mannah and Healy's were all great too! Very cool era.

The Shop

Question
5/17/2020 11:24am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2020 11:27am
I have been quite glued to these since a few days.

That made me wonder why GP are not organized per class anymore. Now we have actually less GPs. I am sure all comes down to TV equipment and headcounts. Which may be the wrong way at looking at it. If we could have quality content 25 years ago, how is it not possible to make cheaper production and cover 45 GPs per year? That would make more possibility to have fans, more possibilities to grow to the sport (instead of making it an elite scheme like MotoGPs where every kids come already fully loaded...), plus that could reduce the ticket prices and give back some purse money. Basically the whole Luongo scheme did not work, what we have is just due to technological evolution, but it went backwards. Even the whole "let us make it more mainstream" didn't work, we have less mx on main public channels than in the past. I hope is son is really looking for more.
mikec265
5/17/2020 12:30pm
689 wrote:
Thanks for posting. Hard to find decent quality vids from certain eras. Bailey has also uploaded some older videos recently too.
I really like Bailey's raw videos that he's been putting up.
5/17/2020 3:53pm
Question wrote:
I have been quite glued to these since a few days. That made me wonder why GP are not organized per class anymore. Now we have...
I have been quite glued to these since a few days.

That made me wonder why GP are not organized per class anymore. Now we have actually less GPs. I am sure all comes down to TV equipment and headcounts. Which may be the wrong way at looking at it. If we could have quality content 25 years ago, how is it not possible to make cheaper production and cover 45 GPs per year? That would make more possibility to have fans, more possibilities to grow to the sport (instead of making it an elite scheme like MotoGPs where every kids come already fully loaded...), plus that could reduce the ticket prices and give back some purse money. Basically the whole Luongo scheme did not work, what we have is just due to technological evolution, but it went backwards. Even the whole "let us make it more mainstream" didn't work, we have less mx on main public channels than in the past. I hope is son is really looking for more.
I counted the days for when the next motovision vhs came through the post Each month . It was the only way to see what was happening on the world scene at he time.
As I remember the chamberlain brothers would head out across Europe each week and drop a brother off at a Belgium Gp then head and on to another in Germany or whatever. Then either get picked up on the way back through or hitch a lift with a Brit gp rider to get back.
Loved the 90s for Mx

5/17/2020 4:08pm
Crush wrote:

The picture quality is second to none. Give it time i’m sure Feld will find something on there to have it taken down
Crush
5/17/2020 7:24pm
Crush wrote:

The picture quality is second to none. Give it time i’m sure Feld will find something on there to have it taken down
It would have been licensed at the time so shouldn't be any worries.
str8line
5/17/2020 8:03pm
Great video, so fun to watch those guys throw their 2-strokes around. The racing in that 1997 supercross season was hectic!
5/17/2020 8:53pm
689 wrote:
mikec265 wrote:
Are Bailey,s vids on YouTube? I saw his hangtown 01 vid, that was great. And some of his Pastrana vids. Bailey has a great eye for filming.
Crush
5/17/2020 9:25pm
689 wrote:
mikec265 wrote:
Are Bailey,s vids on YouTube? I saw his hangtown 01 vid, that was great. And some of his Pastrana vids. Bailey has a great eye for...
Are Bailey,s vids on YouTube? I saw his hangtown 01 vid, that was great. And some of his Pastrana vids. Bailey has a great eye for filming.
5/17/2020 10:36pm
Go watch the 95 125/250 GP from Foxhills to see how fast MXGP commentator Paul Malin was back in the day. Great track, great sound & the massive crowd going crazy.
cwtoyota
5/17/2020 11:48pm
Crush wrote:
Yeah actually I was going to upload the 88 USGP from Bailey's page the other day but forgot! Some great stuff in that motovision footage... Tortelli...
Yeah actually I was going to upload the 88 USGP from Bailey's page the other day but forgot!

Some great stuff in that motovision footage... Tortelli v Everts and 97 SX!
The audio quality in some of that footage is downright decent. I'm watching the 250 GP portion now...
A factory tuned 250 two-stroke is probably the best sound in all of motorsports.
Crush
5/18/2020 12:26am
Go watch the 95 125/250 GP from Foxhills to see how fast MXGP commentator Paul Malin was back in the day. Great track, great sound &...
Go watch the 95 125/250 GP from Foxhills to see how fast MXGP commentator Paul Malin was back in the day. Great track, great sound & the massive crowd going crazy.
It still baffles my mind that he didn't win every 125 race the next few years after Roggenburg in 94. He was truly next level that day, I had that on tape and have watched so much, he's visibly faster.... but it just never really came together consistently after that.
5/18/2020 1:23am
Go watch the 95 125/250 GP from Foxhills to see how fast MXGP commentator Paul Malin was back in the day. Great track, great sound &...
Crush wrote:
It still baffles my mind that he didn't win every 125 race the next few years after Roggenburg in 94. He was truly next level that...
It still baffles my mind that he didn't win every 125 race the next few years after Roggenburg in 94. He was truly next level that day, I had that on tape and have watched so much, he's visibly faster.... but it just never really came together consistently after that.
He was extremely fast on the 500 before that too, I think he was one of these riders that on the day everything had to gel. Remember he did finish 2nd to Tortelli in the 125 class in 96.
Snapper
5/18/2020 1:30am
I counted the days for when the next motovision vhs came through the post Each month . It was the only way to see what was...
I counted the days for when the next motovision vhs came through the post Each month . It was the only way to see what was happening on the world scene at he time.
As I remember the chamberlain brothers would head out across Europe each week and drop a brother off at a Belgium Gp then head and on to another in Germany or whatever. Then either get picked up on the way back through or hitch a lift with a Brit gp rider to get back.
Loved the 90s for Mx

In an era where there was no mobile phones, it makes what they did even more remarkable.
Crush
5/18/2020 2:08am
He was extremely fast on the 500 before that too, I think he was one of these riders that on the day everything had to gel...
He was extremely fast on the 500 before that too, I think he was one of these riders that on the day everything had to gel. Remember he did finish 2nd to Tortelli in the 125 class in 96.
Yeah – I guess that's it... if it had have been consistently together though he isn't second I don't think...

Actually, I wonder if there are laptimes anywhere for the 94 MXdN?!
rangot
5/18/2020 5:41am
No way. Tortelli was most of the time untouchable that year. Like, really above everyone else.
Crush
5/18/2020 6:03am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 6:07am
rangot wrote:
No way. Tortelli was most of the time untouchable that year. Like, really above everyone else.
Haha, says the Frenchman!

I don't know man, go and watch the 94 Des Nations. It's on that motovision channel.

Malin kills everyone, 500s included, on a super high-speed track.

He makes Emig look positively ordinary and Emig was an absolute beast in those mid 90s years – always did well at Des Nations, the 125 champ in 92, great in 93 and won a moto fairly easily at the 1994 USGP.
rangot
5/18/2020 6:26am
Malin was great, no doubt about that. But Seb was just a beast that year (and many others too, BTW). I've watched the 94 MXdN several times, i was also at Foxhill when the two battled in 1996 (i failed to qualify...). That year, Tortelli won 10 out of 12 GP's and 16 motos out of 24. He could be from Mars that it would be the same. He just happened to be French. I raced Seb multiple times in Europe, GP and French championships, believe me he was a special talent.

Post a reply to: Motovision are putting some cool oldschool content on youtube

The Latest